The Origins Server is coming to Beta!

MightyMeaghan

Thanks, I missed that, so post Faydwer crafting, BOOOOO! I absolutely hated the changes to the crafting system.

And I have been around in brief spurts in EQ2 but full time again in EQ these days, since mid-2020 at least. I am surprised anyone would remember me at all now :)
It's actually mid-KOS/Fallen Dynasty crafting.

Rijacki

It's actually mid-KOS/Fallen Dynasty crafting.
Which means most potions and poisons will possibly broken as they were then. Maybe I should dust off my eq2alchemy website and find the old data I compiled with a rogue friend to see what is and isn't working in beta. Alchemy was the most broken of all the tradeskills until DoF. But those are the bitter memories :giggle:

Archess Ney

you still have all the live and tlp servers to farm and buy krono. Nothing changed. One server without krono will for sure not harm your enjoyment. Let us that have no servers without krono also enjoy this game.
If you mean just "varsoon" as all those other servers to buy krono on, then yes, because thats the only server I saw Krono on sale, having a second server to buy Krono on shouldn't harm your enjoyment either, besides Varsoon will be over the day this one launches so it be the only server to buy Krono on...

GBlack

You can buy krono
If you mean just "varsoon" as all those other servers to buy krono on, then yes, because thats the only server I saw Krono on sale, having a second server to buy Krono on shouldn't harm your enjoyment either, besides Varsoon will be over the day this one launches so it be the only server to buy Krono on...
You can buy krono on a live server, but only by direct trade with another player, because broker does not support 10 billion plat prices 😂
The other thing I can't imagine someone who wants origins to play on a live server at the same time. It's nothing like an old game you remember

Archess Ney

You can buy krono

You can buy krono on a live server, but only by direct trade with another player, because broker does not support 10 billion plat prices 😂
The other thing I can't imagine someone who wants origins to play on a live server at the same time. It's nothing like an old game you remember
haha yeah I saw someone sell one on a live server through chat for like 8b pp, fell of my chair, but no I mean broker, I don't want to hunt people down to finally get a single krono purchase

Yeah I wont last on a regular server or even varsoon, ive tried, these new stats & mechanics multiple times and it just isnt EQ2 for me

Cusashorn

You know what I'd rather have than Origins? An actual new and updated EQ3 !!!
There are no good classic mmorgs for years now.
For the love of god stop rehashing the same thing over and over.

Stop thinking that an EQ3 will be the EQ2 developer's responsibility. I'm not seeing you asking the EverQuest devs to pitch in for EQ3 here.

Sedient

This is bringing me back to the game since I quit a few months ago. I really hope this takes off and I really hope a new rejuvenated player community builds here. I have really hoped that they would just roll a new live server and not allow transfers but this is the next best thing with bonuses added like suburbs.

Eulogy

i think this will be a great server and personally im excited. the worst thing i hear so far is all the cheapskates who exploit the economy to get krono and keep playing the game so those type of peeps wont be on this server? count me all in.

Muffincookie

He was on Isle of Refuge, which was replaced by Queen's Colony and Outpost of the Overlord in early 2006 with LU19.
I didn't ask who he was and where is was. I asked if they will place him on the Isle of Refuge again with this new server? This thread is about that server after all. I took the screenshot so I very well remember him and that he was difficult back then.

Zenji

I didn't ask who he was and where is was. I asked if they will place him on the Isle of Refuge again with this new server? This thread is about that server after all. I took the screenshot so I very well remember him and that he was difficult back then.
They were trying to answer your question. This server is from 2006 era, around LU24 or later. Isle of Refuge was removed and replaced in LU19.

Rijacki

They were trying to answer your question. This server is from 2006 era, around LU24 or later. Isle of Refuge was removed and replaced in LU19.
However they've also noted the server will start with Shattered Lands (original launch) only but the mechanics of 2006. I'm also wondering if we'll have the archetype>class>subclass set up 'cause I thought that was great at launch. I'm also wondering which version of the betrayal quest will be on the server when it starts. Some of these questions will be answered in a week when the Beta opens.

Cusashorn

However they've also noted the server will start with Shattered Lands (original launch) only but the mechanics of 2006. I'm also wondering if we'll have the archetype>class>subclass set up 'cause I thought that was great at launch. I'm also wondering which version of the betrayal quest will be on the server when it starts. Some of these questions will be answered in a week when the Beta opens.

Class Progression, Sub-combines, and (as the article mentions) item weight are no longer possible. They were removed just before from when this server will take place in 2006. No more Isle of Refuge, no more Fighters, Warriors, Crusaders, or Brawlers. No more Mages, Summoners, Sorcerers, or Enchanters. No more Priests, Clerics, Shaman, or Druids. No more Scouts, Bards, Predators, or Rogues.

The most I can assume is that classes will be restricted to good and evil again (Monks and Bruisers) instead of most of them now being neutral (Monks and Bruisers).

The original Betrayal quest was tied into the class progression system, and I remember the new/current system being in place by the time of 2006. I certainly wouldn't mind experiencing the original betrayal quest again though, just to see Queen Antonia personally kick me out of Qeynos again, or Lucan ordering my execution.

Siren

Buy more slots ^^

Angeliana already answered this on page 4 of this very thread: The Origins client, as well the EU, US, Beta and Test clients, all contain their own sets of character slots. You won't need to buy any. You'll have whatever being a gold sub automatically grants you for slots (I think that's 6), plus any you have purchased in the past. Say you have purchased 4 slots in the past; together with your granted 6 slots, that would give you 10 character slots altogether for Origins.

Last edited: