Origins: Can we get a non-rushed TLE this time, please?

Keranoth

That's just not true. Loads of people complete Sig quests / faction grinds / HQs and hundreds of other quests in 4 months.
I do think on the new Origins server that longer is fine, but you don't need a year.
Arguable I agree a year isn't terrifyingly bad, I think, in my honest opinion, 6 months would be good for me to enjoy the content without rushing.

Zenji

Arguable I agree a year isn't terrifyingly bad, I think, in my honest opinion, 6 months would be good for me to enjoy the content without rushing.
1 year of vanilla content is bad, 20 years ago it didn't last a year. It was 10 months before DoF released. Everything has been solved many times over since then.

I agree that 6 months is a good spot for Shattered Lands (vanilla) content. DoF doesn't need that, it was only a little over 5 months originally.
KoS doesn't need more than 6 months either, but that's a debate for next year.

Kenn

I second the OP. I want the movie not the TikTok version. 4 Months on an expansion is barely enough time to do anything. I could spend an entire month just on collections. Lore and Legends, HQs, Signatures, crafting. I need a year, and that would be pushing it. I don't want to rush through 1 shooting the quest line, I want the adventure.

1 year of vanilla content is bad, 20 years ago it didn't last a year. It was 10 months before DoF released. Everything has been solved many times over since then.

I agree that 6 months is a good spot for Shattered Lands (vanilla) content. DoF doesn't need that, it was only a little over 5 months originally.
It took me a year to get to 50 the first time. If they set it to launch, then you will not be level 20 in one hour. The prismatic weapon, to speak as a dragon, takes a long time with no fast port, and mobs are not easy to plow through.

20 years ago Vanilla lasted most players, at least on AB, who were truly new and not alts, around half of the usual expansion cycle. The second half was spent figuring out how we're gonna upgrade spells, or how we're going to continue upgrading gear, and looking through zones for anything fun we might have missed.

Depending on what we see in beta I think 6 months might be a reasonable expectation if one's goal is solely to be an expansion tourist on a server that doesn't even have more than 3 expansions guaranteed (Vanilla, DoF, KoS, EoF). 8 months if we're really pushing it. Or voting-based unlocks via in-game polls if those can still be used.

Kenn

You might get it done in 6 months, but there is something magical in game and in life when you can do things without the pressure of the clock. Throw the timer away and things change.

Xavion

just disable those packs on the website from usable on orgins not hard i mean this was why we had xp pots on half the tles and pvp cause of those packs

Krov

You might get it done in 6 months, but there is something magical in game and in life when you can do things without the pressure of the clock. Throw the timer away and things change.
The question I have is why does it matter? If you are not finished with classic and DOF is released 4-6 months later , what changes for you ?

There is no one forcing you to not do content or be a completionist ? The argument for having content released every 4 or 6 months is about retention , the reality is if a large portion of the population finishes the content and have another 2 or 3 months of little or nothing to do but raid the server will take a huge population hit.

That means less people logging on , less people willing to join in what is perceived as a dead or dying server and less people in general willing to help you in whatever goal you are working on.

I just see overall extended time periods of waiting as the death of guilds even more for smaller guilds and the server in general .

Kenn

The question I have is why does it matter? If you are not finished with classic and DOF is released 4-6 months later , what changes for you ?

There is no one forcing you to not do content or be a completionist ? The argument for having content released every 4 or 6 months is about retention , the reality is if a large portion of the population finishes the content and have another 2 or 3 months of little or nothing to do but raid the server will take a huge population hit.

That means less people logging on , less people willing to join in what is perceived as a dead or dying server and less people in general willing to help you in whatever goal you are working on.

I just see overall extended time periods of waiting as the death of guilds even more for smaller guilds and the server in general .
You have a point. If it doesn't matter and you can do older content, then why lock the expansions at all? Seems like the players that would group with you at lower levels suddenly wouldn't because they have fomo on the max content, and you are left in a ghost town. Which is perfectly fine by me, if I could do all the content solo.

Spock

You have a point. If it doesn't matter and you can do older content, then why lock the expansions at all? Seems like the players that would group with you at lower levels suddenly wouldn't because they have fomo on the max content, and you are left in a ghost town. Which is perfectly fine by me, if I could do all the content solo.
Not really even a few expansions later people will still create alts and do the lower levels things

Spock

And even more on Origins because if you are like me and never experience that part of the game you are still gonna try to figure part of the game. Never seen EQ2 when old neighbourhood in qeynos and freeport existed before what became class quests. I start playing first EQ1 when combine was the server and then try EQ2 years later when Echoes of Faydwer was current. So many expansions on Origins i never seen before.

Zenji

It took me a year to get to 50 the first time. If they set it to launch, then you will not be level 20 in one hour. The prismatic weapon, to speak as a dragon, takes a long time with no fast port, and mobs are not easy to plow through.
So you didn't hit 50 until after DoF came out. Ok.
But lots of people did hit 50 and do all the content in the 10 months of vanilla. And that was before we knew anything about the game.
Unless you are wiping people's memory and deleting the internet, there is no reason to be in vanilla for anywhere near a year.

Krov

The content is not supposed to be solo friendly , this is more along the lines of old school mmo's where grouping was almost required.

I am not saying there will not be any solo content , but it will be limited at best.

If it's even close to the original expect ^^^ stepping outside of Qeynos or Freeport.

Nuhvohk

The content is not supposed to be solo friendly , this is more along the lines of old school mmo's where grouping was almost required.

I am not saying there will not be any solo content , but it will be limited at best.

If it's even close to the original expect ^^^ stepping outside of Qeynos or Freeport.
There were plenty of solo mobs outside of the cities in 2006.

Now, as for whether soloing was viable for non-DPS classes, that's a different story.

Krov

Kenn

Yeah, that was my point. If you open up expansions fast, then the lower content is a ghost town and getting a group will be more difficult.