Origins: Can we get a non-rushed TLE this time, please?

teivos

If all this extra effort is being spent to restore the content, I'd really like the time to get to play it. Not saying it needs to be slower than original launch, or even limited to that speed, but some slowdown wouldn't hurt, especially in the beginning, just a thought. Honestly don't know what the player-base thinks of this because I feel outside of the base on most issues, but I really feel the rush isn't healthy for the TLEs.

Zenji

They just need to not have Experience Potions or Vitality Potions available on launch, for at least the first month.

If they do decided to add them to the marketplace, they need to be dramatically reduced in effectiveness. (10-20% not 100%)
Group XP potions stacking needs to be not a thing, and if it is not easy to change just do not have group XP pots on the server.

Other things that should not be sold on the market place.
  • Repair kits - they are not able to be crafted until Kingdom of Sky, so should not be purchasable until then.
  • Mounts - saving up plat to get your first mount was important. Store bought mounts take away from that experience and should have no movement speed bonus, limited to appearance only.
  • Barding Slots - thousands of harvesting materials for a cheap swipe of the credit card, makes harvesting mostly irrelevant and crafted items hold very little value.
  • No Packs/Crates at least not ones with anything that gives XP pots/Taxfree broker box/speed boots/mount with stats etc.
Basically the market place needs to be limited to character services (race change, name change) and cosmetics.

Sorry for hijacking you thread, but these things impact the speed at which content is consumed.

Leibnitz

If all this extra effort is being spent to restore the content, I'd really like the time to get to play it. Not saying it needs to be slower than original launch, or even limited to that speed, but some slowdown wouldn't hurt, especially in the beginning, just a thought. Honestly don't know what the player-base thinks of this because I feel outside of the base on most issues, but I really feel the rush isn't healthy for the TLEs.
They mentioned using player polls to decide when to unlock.

Zenji

I'm hoping they just don't say "you are getting 10 months of vanilla, but hey here is 300% in XP potions and 60% run speed market place mounts".

Instead they should actually slow the game down by not having the stuff listed in my earlier comment.

Bakual

"So as to unlocks, none of that has been decided, but we did put in new forums, so now we will be able to poll and discuss unlocks before we launch."
That's what Kander wrote in Discord a week ago. No more nor less do we know. Everything else is speculation :)

Mizgamer62

Feldon Fan Club Member
They just need to not have Experience Potions or Vitality Potions available on launch, for at least the first month.

If they do decided to add them to the marketplace, they need to be dramatically reduced in effectiveness. (10-20% not 100%)
Group XP potions stacking needs to be not a thing, and if it is not easy to change just do not have group XP pots on the server.

• Repair kits - they are not able to be crafted until Kingdom of Sky, so should not be purchasable until then.
  • Mounts - saving up plat to get your first mount was important. Store bought mounts take away from that experience and should have no movement speed bonus, limited to appearance only.
  • Barding Slots - thousands of harvesting materials for a cheap swipe of the credit card, makes harvesting mostly irrelevant and crafted items hold very little value.
  • No Packs/Crates at least not ones with anything that gives XP pots/Taxfree broker box/speed boots/mount with stats etc.
Basically the market place needs to be limited to character services (race change, name change) and cosmetics.

Sorry for hijacking you thread, but these things impact the speed at which content is consumed.
^^^ THIS ^^^

Sorry for hijacking you thread, but these things impact the speed at which
Definitely agree with all of this.

People don't realize just how much damage that shiny little shopping cart can do. We're paying our sub to play on a server, and possibly dragging some friends with us (I know I have some plans in mind to try to drag some people into it LOL) who will also be paying subs. Don't screw it up by having classic era cleared in half a week. lol.

GBlack

Definitely agree with all of this.

People don't realize just how much damage that shiny little shopping cart can do. We're paying our sub to play on a server, and possibly dragging some friends with us (I know I have some plans in mind to try to drag some people into it LOL) who will also be paying subs. Don't screw it up by having classic era cleared in half a week. lol.
That would be nice, but what do you expect them to sell there since even appearance slots are not a thing in 2006?

DENSER

That would be nice, but what do you expect them to sell there since even appearance slots are not a thing in 2006?
They'll definitely find something to sell us.
We will know in due time.
Switch to 2006 mode for the game ok, marketing and profitability level it's less obvious ;)

Zlith

Anything Pay to win, or pay to advance faster should not be a thing on Origins.

Cosmetics and name/race change is ok.

Even things like betrayal baubles, etc., shouldn't exist at launch.

I would hope the hardest of the hard core player would take 2-4 weeks at minimum to reach 50, preferably closer to 4. The more casual player should take 2-3 months at min.

There is a limited amount of content in Vanilla so maxing characters too fast will just lead to an empty server by the end (if unlocks are 6+ months at a time).

It will however take a TON more time to do quests and HQs as there will be placeholders, longer timers and most will be at least heroic 3 ups, if not epic X2-X3.

Bearoco

Agree with most all of this.
I'd rather not have the xp pots at all, but if you HAVE to include XP potions, make the group/solos not stack and be more in the range of EQ1 TLP's (10%, 25%).
Other valuable things could be bags (ones with funky appearances), out of combat resurrection consumes, cosmetics and housing items, and services like race change, name change, etc.
These would still make a healthy amount of money for Darkpaw.

Duffy

For this server specifically, Cosmetics + Sub Price should carry it far enough. Shoot, back in 2006 the game was still Sub + Box Price w/ no free to play option.
True, but since then a lot of people have left and I don't really think they'll all come back to sub again

Fokus

The most important thing to do is to disable the initial locations of the DoV add-on, namely Frostfang sea and Neriak! These locations give maximum acceleration during pumping, different from the starting locations of the classic EQ2!

And most importend, deactivate Krono selling for TLE !!!
Never, ever going to happen. The ship has sailed on this one.

Never mind the legal issues relating to what happens if they do this (When you buy a Krono from DB the expectation is that it is for use on all DB-owned games including both EQs), but it's also going to be extremely hard to outright lock a shared non-inventory consumable.

They don't have to buy, sell, or consume the Krono on Origins to get the subscriber benefit.

And if you're referring to player-to-player exchange, look at it this way. Even if they ARE tradeable on Origins still, which is 100% likely, nobody is going to have the plat for the huge exchanges like we see on Live.

There are also many times more plat sinks in the 2005-2006 era than there were at any point in the game's history sans launch.