Origins: Can we get a non-rushed TLE this time, please?

GBlack

People are definitely excited about the more original version of EQ2, but Krono is a serious issue if you have played any of the previous TLE's.
This topic just felt really derailed to krono wars for the last 2 days.
I've played in 2015, don't really see issues with krono - it allows some ppl to pay their subs, brings additional revenue = game sustainability and leaves plat sellers jobless at the same time.
The real issue we don't have any more teasers or additional info regarding Origins yet :)

Last edited:

Nuhvohk

Does this mean instance zones, specifically hunter runs, won't be speed runs where groups face roll to the end?
No Hunters on Origins unless they decide to add them in manually at some point.
As for instances being speedruns, there were people even back in 2006 that did "power grouping" to clear content as fast as possible. That's not just going to go away even if the server's gameplay mechanics are slower than Live or TLE.

GBlack

No Hunters on Origins unless they decide to add them in manually at some point.
As for instances being speedruns, there were people even back in 2006 that did "power grouping" to clear content as fast as possible. That's not just going to go away even if the server's gameplay mechanics are slower than Live or TLE.
Did the game have instances in 2006 at all? Thought I've seen somehwere that it had only contested dungeons, no?

Nuhvohk

Did the game have instances in 2006 at all? Thought I've seen somehwere that it had only contested dungeons, no?
T5 had Nektropos Castle and Tower of the Drafling, plus lots of smaller instances (Cove of Decay, Firemyst Gully, Trembling Lagoon, Miragul's Menagerie, etc).
All dedicated raid zones (i.e. not a Heroic with a one-off epic named) were instances, like Spirits of the Lost.

T6 had Vault of Dust, Sanctorium, Poet's Palace, Cazel's Mesa, Ancient's Table and a couple more. Like in T5, all dedicated raid zones were instanced (unless you count that last bit of Silent City as a raid zone).

T7 had Vault of El'Arad, Upper Halls of Fate, Blackscale Sepulcher, Den of the Devourer, Nest of the Great Egg. Most raid zones were instanced, with the exception of Temple of Scale.

GBlack

T5 had Nektropos Castle and Tower of the Drafling, plus lots of smaller instances (Cove of Decay, Firemyst Gully, Trembling Lagoon, Miragul's Menagerie, etc).
All dedicated raid zones (i.e. not a Heroic with a one-off epic named) were instances, like Spirits of the Lost.

T6 had Vault of Dust, Sanctorium, Poet's Palace, Cazel's Mesa, Ancient's Table and a couple more. Like in T5, all dedicated raid zones were instanced (unless you count that last bit of Silent City as a raid zone).

T7 had Vault of El'Arad, Upper Halls of Fate, Blackscale Sepulcher, Den of the Devourer, Nest of the Great Egg. Most raid zones were instanced, with the exception of Temple of Scale.
Got it. Ofc raids were instances, I've been talking about group sized insts a-la WoW. But you could not rerun them over and over 24/7 like WoW, right?

Chrisworld

I can't imagine that the new TLE will have anything past RoK, if it gets RoK at all. Remember, it's code from 2006. They would have to balance the game each level cap and expansion addition.

Nuhvohk

Got it. Ofc raids were instances, I've been talking about group sized insts a-la WoW. But you could not rerun them over and over 24/7 like WoW, right?
No, they had lockouts of several hours (highest I think was 12 hours for stuff like Nek Castle), as opposed to the 90 minute resets nowadays. Definitely longer downtime between instance runs back then.

Last edited:

Arven

T5 also has Icy Dig, Sanctum of Fear, Vault of Flames, Bastion of Flames, Crypt of T'haen and Splitpaw in SL midcontent. All of these had 18 hours timer lockout. Or Permafrost, Solusek Eye contested dungeons without lockout. But it not an instances.

Hartay

Keeper of the Server Hamsters
They just need to not have Experience Potions or Vitality Potions available on launch, for at least the first month.

If they do decided to add them to the marketplace, they need to be dramatically reduced in effectiveness. (10-20% not 100%)
Group XP potions stacking needs to be not a thing, and if it is not easy to change just do not have group XP pots on the server.

Other things that should not be sold on the market place.
  • Repair kits - they are not able to be crafted until Kingdom of Sky, so should not be purchasable until then.
  • Mounts - saving up plat to get your first mount was important. Store bought mounts take away from that experience and should have no movement speed bonus, limited to appearance only.
  • Barding Slots - thousands of harvesting materials for a cheap swipe of the credit card, makes harvesting mostly irrelevant and crafted items hold very little value.
  • No Packs/Crates at least not ones with anything that gives XP pots/Taxfree broker box/speed boots/mount with stats etc.
Basically the market place needs to be limited to character services (race change, name change) and cosmetics.

Sorry for hijacking you thread, but these things impact the speed at which content is consumed.
I cannot agree more. This will tank the Origins experience if added to the marketplace.

This topic just felt really derailed to krono wars for the last 2 days.
I've played in 2015, don't really see issues with krono - it allows some ppl to pay their subs, brings additional revenue = game sustainability and leaves plat sellers jobless at the same time.
The real issue we don't have any more teasers or additional info regarding Origins yet :)

That's pretty much the crux of it xD All we can really do with regards to the server details atm is speculate, and hope that to some extent the devs are paying attention in case they intend to make some last minute tweaks (unlikely but still).

Meanwhile Krono is unfortunately an ever-present discussion, as are server economic issues. As long as we still have -ALL- of our plat sinks and no "skip the broker fees" items we should be fine on that front though.

Dauvien

Ok... just a mention (as I'm reading the Krono and Market talk) which I agree is unavoidable likely because money needs to be made.

EQ1 had a "Legends" server back in the day (early 2000s).... buy in to play on Legends was 3x the cost of the normal sub if i recall. Could a bump in the entry point pricing be enough of a gate charge to sideline the Market/Krono market? I think it may have been as much as 40 dollars back in the day (don't quite recall been a minute).

Company gets more out of each subscriber out of the monthly sub. Less of a suggestion more of a discussion point... should this Server charge more for point of entry vs the current sub model (which has been the same price for years). How much is the community willing to pay for a true "old school" experience.

Azoryl

Legends back in the day was running with increased GM presence... it was worth the money when it released.

Even with an increased GM presence, KR will not go away... people have tried for years on the EQ and EQ2 TLP/E servers to have them not work... but even if you stop the trade on the server... people will trade them on other servers...

Nuhvohk

KR will not go away... people have tried for years on the EQ and EQ2 TLP/E servers to have them not work...
What? Kronos have been on every EQ2 TLE from the start, when was there ever any effort to make them "not work"? (excluding random bugs with the item servers or payment processing)

Azoryl

What? Kronos have been on every EQ2 TLE from the start, when was there ever any effort to make them "not work"? (excluding random bugs with the item servers or payment processing)
People, aka players, have tried (asked) for years on the EQ and EQ2 TLP/E servers to have them not work...

Long before Kronos were ever a thing there were people “buying” LoN packs for plat as well as your run of the mill plat sellers. If Kronos aren’t a thing on origins, I honestly couldn’t care less, but if there’s profit to be made, someone is going to exploit that fact.

Kinda dumb here though since most of the stuff worth having will be no trade anyway.

We’re still like two weeks out from beta, and they haven’t really given away that many details so who really knows at this point.

Ramblon

Krono being revamped to be sell-able on the broker but not tradable might be the only way to knock out some issues. The problem is you work to change something for the better, you have someone in the background finding a way around it. If you cannot trade Krono for items, third party sites will pop up to let you buy the item for real cash. It's a no win situation in the long run. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.
This is what WoW did with the tokens. Once you buy one off the broker you have to use it, you can't trade it or re-list it.