What class will you play for Anashti Sul?

Xeshaka

It's obviously been a while since we all played with the 2006 ruleset.

What will be your go to solo class?

If playing a group class role, which flavor you going for? Mystic vs Fury vs Temp etc?

Any notable differences that you can remember about classes in 2006 that will affect your choice?

See you in the beta next week :)

Randalph

EQ2Wire Ambassador
Coercer.

Charm, stifle, stun, nuke, melee dd reactives.

Will be interesting to see if the player base has improved so much that CC will not be needed or if we still get slapped around and its helpful and an actual game mechanic.

Last edited:

Krov

Guardian or maybe Pal once I have confirmation of % based heals.

I am still kind of on the fence though , eq1 server release is going to be awesome and this has no confirmed roadmap.

Xeshaka

Coercer.

Charm, stifle, stun, nuke, melee dd reactives.

Will be interesting to see if the player base has improved so much that CC will not be needed or if we still get slapped around and it’s helpful and an actual game mechanic.
From my Varsoon experience the early low levels were rougher than I expected. No AA and everyone in low level gear/spells made mobs much more challenging so enchanters can be quite helpful. That is if the group doesn’t constantly break your mess lol

Nuhvohk

Will be maining a Brigand on the new Peat Bog server. May play a Ranger too, since they will probably be decent again. Looking forward to T1 dps being T1 again and summoners being a second-rate class with a pet, as intended.

Yayoh

Monk or Paladin.

Might come down to a coin flip or if a guild would prefer i play one vs the other.

Resisting the urge to play Swashbuckler again. I still like it nowadays, but I liked it even more in the mixed gear days. It's a fun class overall and honestly always has been.

So probably Templar or something on the healer side. Been too much of a healer main lately, with FF XIV and a couple other games.

SolarFaire

I'm tempted to make another warden. My warden back then had high agility and moves like a monk...and then, priests were likely to be tanking more than the fighters unless their taunts worked, and then just for a little while. Mobs then really hated the priest's heals and I remember many orcs and gnolls yelling to kill the priest! Thorns, heals and swing away with little mana hoping you get enough for your next HoT and outlast some mob fights. Also, fun when you hit some of the swarm groups like the antelopes or bugs in TS.

Kenn

I've played Paladin since launch and think it is time for a change. Only going to have one toon, but can't decide between shadow knight or berserker.

axxis32

If I play there, I will go with Inquisitor, ofcourse. They have Charm, stifle, stun, fear, nuke, reactives, heals ... and they can take a beating :).
They really are a well-rounded class, the only drawback is that they are not the best in anything, just decent, also known as Jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.

Ryni

Bard since 2004
Illy for my main and stuck between fury or mystic for my healer alt. Back when the game launched in 2004 I started as a monk assuming it would be like Teras Kasi in SWG, then folks wanted me to tank. Then made my first bard shortly after the monk.

Xhieron

Coercer almost certainly. It's just too good an opportunity to pass up, one of those "didn't know how good we had it until it was gone" scenarios. I may slide back into some kind of healer role eventually, or maybe even a bard, but at least starting out, the allure of charm (get it?!) is just too strong.