What class will you play for Anashti Sul?

Which class was only evil and only good back in 2006 it was much more then now as i recall

Monk (Good), Bruiser (Evil)
Paladin (Good), Shadowknight (Evil)
Ranger (Good), Assassin (Evil)
Swashbuckler (Good), Brigand (Evil)
Conjuror (Good), Necromancer (Evil)
Illusionist (Good), Coercer (Evil) - One last edit to fix my "Enchanter Erasure" LOL.
Mystic (Good), Defiler (Evil)
Templar (Good), Inquisitor (Evil)

Each role had 1 neutral subset

Fighter - Berserker and Guardian
Scout - Troubadour and Dirge
Priest - Fury and Warden
Mage - Warlock and Wizard

Per Nuhvok - if you look up the Kingdom of Sky Prima Guide a lot of information should be available via Internet Archive.

Last edited:

Sixgauge

It's obviously been a while since we all played with the 2006 ruleset.

What will be your go to solo class?

If playing a group class role, which flavor you going for? Mystic vs Fury vs Temp etc?

Any notable differences that you can remember about classes in 2006 that will affect your choice?

See you in the beta next week :)
assassin, I don't plan to solo
shadowknight aggro was terrible, I hated grouping with them as a brig

Edited my prior post for clarity. I remember MOST of the ones that are still G/E because I'm not that far gone but the neutral Priest and Mage set I'm only about 70% sure I'm right on those. Sounds right though.

Nuhvohk

Templar (Good), Inquisitor (Evil) (?)

These are the ones I know had the dynamic originally. Each role had 1 neutral subset

Scout - Troubador and Dirge

Kinda can't remember which ones were the neutral ones for Priests and Mage. I want to say Fury/Warden for Priests and Wizard/Warlock for Mages but that doesn't seem exactly right.

Can't find any of the old info anywhere.
Neutrals are Warrior (Guardian/Berserker), Bard (Troubadour/Dirge), Druid (Warden/Fury), and Sorcerer (Wizard/Warlock).

You can find the Prima Game Guide for Kingdom of Sky on the Internet archive, it should be the closest to Origins in terms of class info.

Neutrals are Warrior (Guardian/Berserker), Bard (Troubadour/Dirge), Druid (Warden/Fury), and Sorcerer (Wizard/Warlock).

You can find the Prima Game Guide for Kingdom of Sky on the Internet archive, it should be the closest to Origins in terms of class info.

Yeah, that's sort of what I was figuring. Even before the "let's have two neutral sets instead" stuff, there's names that just sound outright more intimidating/generally evil that can work as clues. Was more typing a quick response while working so was trying to not need to google or pull up old books for the person I was responding to.

Thanks!

Moxjet

It's obviously been a while since we all played with the 2006 ruleset.

What will be your go to solo class?

If playing a group class role, which flavor you going for? Mystic vs Fury vs Temp etc?

Any notable differences that you can remember about classes in 2006 that will affect your choice?

See you in the beta next week :)
So this is difficult as I play 3 classes or used to. But I may try just one this time

Having said that I'll probably play the assassin again ... But

If you make the choice vary difficult and bring back the original 2006 AA line and not how it is today. As the Inquisitor changed all there or most all there spells into melee instead or caster type combat arts.

So this is difficult as I play 3 classes or used to. But I may try just one this time

Having said that I'll probably play the assassin again ... But

If you make the choice vary difficult and bring back the original 2006 AA line and not how it is today. As the Inquisitor changed all there or most all there spells into melee instead or caster type combat arts.

As far as we know, all of the game data is going to be "as it was" in 2006. When the FAQ mentions certain art assets and codes that are shared across all versions, they are most likely referring to the Splash Screens which have changed a good amount over the years, the MotDs which only seldom have been able to vary from server-to-server, and stuff like that - the behind the scenes programming, if you will. That's why it almost immediately follows up them mentioning that it is it's own code base

As we will be in Vanilla at the start, there shouldn't be any AAs. If we unlock expansions, we would only end up with KoS and EoF AAs as they were in 2006. Granted until tomorrow at 12pm PST/3pm EST I suppose this is all speculation based off what little information we do have :p

Moushen

Templar (Good), Inquisitor (Evil)

Each role had 1 neutral subset

Scout - Troubadour and Dirge
Priest - Fury and Warden
Mage - Warlock and Wizard

Per Nuhvok - if you look up the Kingdom of Sky Prima Guide a lot of information should be available via Internet Archive.
Illusionist = Good
Coercer = Evil

Forestchild

Illy for my main and stuck between fury or mystic for my healer alt. Back when the game launched in 2004 I started as a monk assuming it would be like Teras Kasi in SWG, then folks wanted me to tank. Then made my first bard shortly after the monk.
I like the way you think. I was going for a Illy as well, and for healer, I love my Mystic. Never played a Fury, but from the later years, a Fury and Mystic work well together..

See everyone there.

KauaiJim

Since I will be attempting to solo a lot more than back in the day I'm going to start with a Conjuror.

If I take a liking to it I may end up creating a fighter also (Monk, Paladin or Berserker).

Vlahkmaak

Guardian on main account with box'd Defiler or inqy (have not made up my mind) and possibly a 3rd box for utility or extra dps.

Archess Ney

I am having a hard time deciding what to play, I used to play Monk and I just love how they look and play, especially now since we will have stats again, but I also kinda want to be in the back this time around and just dps / have it easier, I used to also have a Templar as a duo box so I might get a duo healer (not a templar this time) as a EU player on US servers it might get tricky to get groups at some point and just run a third dps nuke class.

warlock, necro or coercer also look good too, if I was smart I would do something easy like a courcer main for charm & grouping, a petclass for tanking instead of doing the tanking myself and fury for heals/extra dps, but, I dont know if I can ignore the fighters call to arms

I am having a hard time deciding what to play, I used to play Monk and I just love how they look and play, especially now since we will have stats again, but I also kinda want to be in the back this time around and just dps / have it easier, I used to also have a Templar as a duo box so I might get a duo healer (not a templar this time) as a EU player on US servers it might get tricky to get groups at some point and just run a third dps nuke class.

warlock, necro or coercer also look good too, if I was smart I would do something easy like a courcer main for charm & grouping, a petclass for tanking instead of doing the tanking myself and fury for heals/extra dps, but, I dont know if I can ignore the fighters call to arms
OTOH Anashti'sul isn't going to have the EU/US split so most EU players interested in the server will be in one place. Might not even need to box really. And US peeps do have their share of night owls lol.