What class will you play for Anashti Sul?

Archess Ney

OTOH Anashti'sul isn't going to have the EU/US split so most EU players interested in the server will be in one place. Might not even need to box really. And US peeps do have their share of night owls lol.
True, but having 1 box will eventually come in handy even back in 2004 it was something I had around, due to our raid guild in EQ1 (Phantom Raiders) requiring people sometimes to bring a CH chain box healer and its not like raids were lacking people, so just having one has always been a habbit for me.

Still not sure what I want todo for my main class though xD

I might go Fury, but I don't remember what they were like back then. Whether or not I will struggle or not. Or I might go illusionist as crowd controll might be a thing again.

I might go Fury, but I don't remember what they were like back then. Whether or not I will struggle or not. Or I might go illusionist as crowd controll might be a thing again.

If everything is 1:1 for 2006 like it sounds, Fury will be fine enough in Groups with pretty average damage, healing, and CC. Rooting one or two mobs and scooting the rest of the pack back is a pretty useful strategy for undergeared groups.

I never really solo'd back in the old days so I am unsure how well they'd do in that department though.

If everything is 1:1 for 2006 like it sounds, Fury will be fine enough in Groups with pretty average damage, healing, and CC. Rooting one or two mobs and scooting the rest of the pack back is a pretty useful strategy for undergeared groups.

I never really solo'd back in the old days so I am unsure how well they'd do in that department though.
Do you remember anything about Illus?
Thank you for your reply btw.

Godzmight

I'm tore between coercer illy dirge or ranger. Ill probably have a ranger regardless of the other classes but for my support class its a tough decision.

Do you remember anything about Illus?
Thank you for your reply btw.

No problem.

Not much about Illusionists beyond the most basic stuff. They primarily helped out with crowd control via mezzing, a lot of their buff-side stuff came later on. They still offer a bit of group support but nothing nearly as extensive as they do nowadays from the little bit I remember.

Jadefox2

I plan on doing some testing in the Beta, but my current ideas are either a necromancer, DE Ranger (and testing the Betrayal system), SK, or a Druid of some sort because I've never played one - Warden probably.

Jovie

I am in character creation now, and it doesn't show pickable classes. Hope this means we get the truly old school adventurer/sub class/class quest line.

Darcnova

I played Pally as my main from launch to Age of Discovery (which is when I quit), so I think I'm gonna go with the tank I have yet to try, Berserker...or I'll just do a knight again 😅

Archess Ney

I started with Ranger but remember getting beat down easily and a lot early on.
Well I played Ranger in EQ1 at launch all the way into pop, Ranger Down jokes still make me wakeup in a cold sweat xD

Basically my Ranger life back then:
Ranger slashes A Sky Blue Dragon for 49 damage
Monk kicks A Sky Blue Dragon for 200 damage
Warrior taunts A Sky Blue Dragon
Rogue backstabs A Sky Blue Dragon for 400 damage
Shadow Knight Harmtouches A Sky Blue Dragon for 800 damage
Magician hits A Sky Blue Dragon for non-melee for 850 damage
Druid hits A Sky Blue Dragon for non-melee for 1020 damage
Bard twists mana and hp recovery songs
Wizard's spell has been resisted
Wizard: %*&^
A Sky Blue Dragon hits Ranger for 600 damage
Ranger yells for help behind you and to the left
Cleric begins to frantically cast a spell
Necromancer reclines and yawns
A Sky Blue Dragon hits Ranger for 50 damage
A Sky Blue Dragon hits Ranger for 126 damage
Warrior: Oh come on

SolarFaire

Well I played Ranger in EQ1 at launch all the way into pop, Ranger Down jokes still make me wakeup in a cold sweat xD

Basically my Ranger life back then:
Ranger slashes A Sky Blue Dragon for 49 damage
Monk kicks A Sky Blue Dragon for 200 damage
Rogue backstabs A Sky Blue Dragon for 400 damage
Shadow Knight Harmtouches A Sky Blue Dragon for 800 damage
Magician hits A Sky Blue Dragon for non-melee for 850 damage
Druid hits A Sky Blue Dragon for non-melee for 1020 damage
Bard twists mana and hp recovery songs
Wizard's spell has been resisted
Wizard: %*&^