The Origins Server is coming to Beta!

To be fair, if it was a plat dupe/bug that caused the price inflation, even if you didnt have krono around, wouldnt everything not get more expensive as the duped plat went around, the krono here sounds like it was just the vehicle for it to spread faster and without the plat bug it couldn't have happened.
For your own mental wellbeing, I suggest you don't bother too hard trying to exercise any logic in here.

The past few TLE have been players botting/duping plat on live servers &/or in EQ1, then buying out/stockpiling krono on live servers &/or EQ1. They then enter TLE and run a group/raid of bots to farm gear, PL, etc. They sell the krono they have stockpiled on live server to players for RL $ on TLE servers. Players on TLE buy krono from these botters/dupers for RL cash, then use the krono to buy PL or gear from the same people who just sold them the krono. This allows just a few people to control most of the relevant economy on the server, because they are providing the currency and the things the currency is being spent on. When you purchase krono from them for RL cash, they can mail/trade you the krono in EQ1, or trade you it on a different server in EQ2. This makes it much harder to track, and much easier for them to continue nefarious actions throughout multiple games/servers, because krono is all transferrable. This causes the price of most desirable items to not be tied to a cost of in game currency, but to be tied to krono. It also causes the price of most desirable items to be removed from the reach of average players since average players cannot compete with the efficiency of a group or raid of botted toons.

I am so happy to see krono not be part of this new server and I am actually excited to play for the first time in a long time. The other half of the problem still needs to be tackled: botters. I think disallowing multi-boxing on this server would further increase the success of the server, since the devs either cannot discern the difference between boxers and botters, or are unwilling to. I know there are players who legitimately enjoy multi-boxing, but I feel that the enjoyment of the majority should be prioritized over the enjoyment of the few. There is also still every other server that could be multi-boxed on.
Imagine how many would come back if they announced no cash shop at all with permanent Origin servers. (PVE and PVP) It really would be like the old days again once word spread to everyone. We're all sick of the cash shop nonsense, and EQ2 was such a wonderful game before they existed. Let's go back... This is their chance to do it right...

Archess Ney

Actually I don't know, we must have had very different server experiences prior to DoV. Usually we took what we could get on the group side of things and maybe if we were lucky there might be a raid alliance we could work if we weren't quite able to form a guildies-only raid.

Because it's only post-DoV that stats got so wonky you couldn't clear group content without having BiS right out of the door. Some would argue it started in SF or TSO but it really took a bit longer to truly get out of control, owing largely to Crit Mit but also a drastic change in how stats were calculated and how general mob mitigation worked. It got even worse with the addition of Resolve, and then Fervor.
Ive honestly never done pickup raids in EQ2, so I cant say, I did do those in EQ1, but wiping at the entrance with 6 hour corpse recoveries made me never so fond of them.

But just after raid parties or during the day, we always had 1 group of core raid people in the best raid gear doing dungeons.
I quit when vanguard saga of heroes launched (guild broke up) so I have no idea how it was then, other then a few times trying EQ2 again with those new stats and never liking it, the first time I knew krono was a thing was when EQ1 ragefire tlp launched, I wish GM's would just look at who's boxing 100 characters and just ban those instead of having normal people who box 2-3 characters and who buy 1-2 krono from the broker to keep one of their boxes running from having fun.

shaunisme

On a Kronoless server you catch up how we always did it, and how we do it in games where subscription tokens don't exist.

You find friends to play with and do the content. Sure, you're going to be carried for a bit until you gear up, but we did dungeons without "guaranteed clear stats" all the time and we enjoyed it. Raids aren't everything and buying power just means you have less to do on the game.

It's like people have literally reached a point where credit card swipes are the only thing they know or are willing to do, rather than actually playing the game.
Spot on, kronos can stay away for good.

agaxal

mastercraf is hand craft fabled are loot
At launch, crafted rare gear was simply Legendary, and a full set of Ebon or Cobalt gear was better in stats than anything dropped outside of a small set of Fabled pieces.

At some point, crafted gear was nerfed below Legendary quality and changed to "Mastercrafted".

kirileclown

well, i got the same problem as one with the message "game customization is invalid", with no show of the character during the creation process.
dont know how to fix it. thanks if anyone has got this problem and has solved it

Avianna

The past few TLE have been players botting/duping plat on live servers &/or in EQ1, then buying out/stockpiling krono on live servers &/or EQ1. They then enter TLE and run a group/raid of bots to farm gear, PL, etc. They sell the krono they have stockpiled on live server to players for RL $ on TLE servers. Players on TLE buy krono from these botters/dupers for RL cash, then use the krono to buy PL or gear from the same people who just sold them the krono. This allows just a few people to control most of the relevant economy on the server, because they are providing the currency and the things the currency is being spent on. When you purchase krono from them for RL cash, they can mail/trade you the krono in EQ1, or trade you it on a different server in EQ2. This makes it much harder to track, and much easier for them to continue nefarious actions throughout multiple games/servers, because krono is all transferrable. This causes the price of most desirable items to not be tied to a cost of in game currency, but to be tied to krono. It also causes the price of most desirable items to be removed from the reach of average players since average players cannot compete with the efficiency of a group or raid of botted toons.

I am so happy to see krono not be part of this new server and I am actually excited to play for the first time in a long time. The other half of the problem still needs to be tackled: botters. I think disallowing multi-boxing on this server would further increase the success of the server, since the devs either cannot discern the difference between boxers and botters, or are unwilling to. I know there are players who legitimately enjoy multi-boxing, but I feel that the enjoyment of the majority should be prioritized over the enjoyment of the few. There is also still every other server that could be multi-boxed on.
You nailed it on the head. I would hope that devs pay attention to this. Krono really opened the door to exploits and allows for the economy to be destroyed not only cross server but cross-game as well. Thanks to krono, an exploit in one game now affects all games. How to close this can of worms that has been opened?

Last edited:

Cusashorn

I had a toon in each of the Qeynos suburbs and there was something to love about each of them. You could only have good or evil toons on one account back then.

???? I made an evil enchanter specifically for the sake of doing the Freeport Betrayal questline at launch. Ouka was on the same account, leveling up as a monk in Qeynos at the same time.

GrunEQ

Perhaps back then that is why I suppose I got the idea you couldn't have both was because of the shared bank situation. It was a long time ago. Apologies. 😣