Producer’s Letter April 2024

It isn't even yet decided IF any expansions will be released ;-)
I don't think there's even a question of whether they will or not. They wouldn't be referring to it as a TLE server if they weren't. And the server's going to be patched to at least mid-level KoS content, so it's fairly safe to assume that it will make it to at least that point.

The speed at which content is unlocked though is not known, but leveling will likely be a lot slower than on previous TLEs so it might last a bit longer before things get unlocked. That is of course also dependent on whether or not they are going to have XP pots in the marketplace.

Bakual

From what Kander wrote in Discord on 03.04.2024:
"So as to unlocks, none of that has been decided, but we did put in new forums, so now we will be able to poll and discuss unlocks before we launch."
That's what we know :)

It isn't even yet decided IF any expansions will be released ;-)

EDIT: Oh sometimes the timing and such on it showing the "Other people posted" message is so bad lol. But yeah, if that's what Kander wrote as of now I could see it. I wouldn't mind being stuck in DoF for AAAAAAAAAAAAAGES. Some people would call this a cursed fate, but that's one of the big Swashy eras.

Ramblon

I know who Kander is , I am wondering why she keep quoting them and if it's her job in some kind of capacity .

I rather have Kander or other devs come on the official forums and make posts. The posts can be modified as I have done above.

The information needs to be on the official forums , no one wants to hop skip and jump then waddle through 100s of posts just to take the word of somebody that the information there saying is legit.
Most people nowadays get their information from the official discord moreso than the official forums. And that really goes for every game now.

VAXen

This could become a nightmare for the player wikis as a significant percentage of the current entries will be incorrect. It may require a Fandom EverQuest 2.1 area to document spells, classes, etc. Player maps and their POIs may become an issue.

I'm not saying this change is bad news, just it may require significant changes to appropriately document. Unfortunately this is not released as EverQuest III to simplify documention, etc.

Nuhvohk

This could become a nightmare for the player wikis as a significant percentage of the current entries will be incorrect. It may require a Fandom EverQuest 2.1 area to document spells, classes, etc. Player maps and their POIs may become an issue.

I'm not saying this change is bad news, just it may require significant changes to appropriately document. Unfortunately this is not released as EverQuest III to simplify documention, etc.
It's already being worked on. https://eq2classic.fandom.com/wiki/EQ2Classic_Wiki
Note that we can't really finalize the revised articles until the Beta confirms what is and isn't on the new server. But so far, it's basically the EQ2 wiki with all content from after 2010 removed. Dialing everything back to 2006-era is the current work-in-progress.

Last edited: