Producer’s Letter April 2024

MightyMeaghan

Aaaawwww origin server :love:
I am soo missing the corpse runs, the sub-class selection at lvl 10, the combines & sub-combines for crafting and the fact that you could actually die while crafting if not paying attention. And most of all, I miss all the original areas in Q and FP.
WoW Classic is very popular. Hopefully it will be here as well.
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
That is exactly what you're not getting. Classic class progression was removed with LU19 three weeks before KoS, along with most of the quests in the newbie neighborhoods. Subcombines were removed in LU24 when Fallen Dynasty launched.

Jamzez

With no No Spell Research on the server does this mean we get to see avdv sffds and dvdv doing all the automated rare harvesting for spell upgrades...

Barwyn

The reason I ask is People keep saying there is double status event coming up that they say they saw in discord and there is nothing here. I ask a question here and I get a response from a player that a dev says in discord this, that or whatever.

So am I wasting my time with the forums or what?

Bakual

The reason I ask is People keep saying there is double status event coming up that they say they saw in discord and there is nothing here. I ask a question here and I get a response from a player that a dev says in discord this, that or whatever.

So am I wasting my time with the forums or what?
The thing is that Kander wasn't supposed to say it in Discord. But it is said and so it was posted here.
There will be an official information for sure in the announcement section of this forum, but likely Tuesday when it starts.

Arandar

So if Kander says "The current build is right after we took out subcombines for crafting." then it is LU 24. Pretty much the world we have now, but with less stats, no AA and such.

It's definitely not the "world we have now". Yes, there's the same general low-level zones (Antonica, Commonlands, etc.) but the zone maps, geometry, art, will all be from that era. There will be no "world globes", no fast travel, no flying / leaping, the cities will look nothing like they are now, there will be no New Halas or Darklight Wood. There will be no guid halls, the maximum guild level will be 30; thankfully, however, the patron system will be gone by that point and guilds won't de-level if people leave them. The list goes on and on.

Even in terms of "flavor" in the world, Luclin will be shattered, there will be no NPCs wandering around talking about how they've been saved (in response to the events of ToV), no city quest lines where you get to talk with Queen Antonia or saving Lucan in Freeport, etc.

Also, for folks not around then, Nektulos Forest will be a lot more dangerous to move through; there will will be no druid rings or wizard portals. There won't be linear quest hubs throughout the zones, most of the content that you see now in Lavastorm and Everfrost will be gone. There will be no new crafting quests like you have in New Halas. Folks are going to find that there will be a lot of differences and a lot of the QoL conveniences they've gotten used to are going to be gone.

Last edited:

Arandar

They have always kept information about the game close to the vest; it was how SOE operated and that culture has carried forward. From their perspective I think it's if you don't commit, then you can't be later accused of breaking promises. Would "we are investigating" or "we will consider it in the future" really be any more satisfying? (And you'll always have that contingent of special people who think that by them saying they'll consider something means they're making an ironclad promise to do that thing).

It's definitely not the "world we have now". Yes, there's the same general low-level zones (Antonica, Commonlands, etc.) but the zone maps, geometry, art, will all be from that era. There will be no "world globes", no fast travel, no flying / leaping, the cities will look nothing like they are now, there will be no New Halas or Darklight Wood. There will be no guid halls, the maximum guild level will be 30; thankfully, however, the patron system will be gone by that point and guilds won't de-level if people leave them. The list goes on and on.

Even in terms of "flavor" in the world, Luclin will be shattered, there will be no NPCs wandering around talking about how they've been saved (in response to the events of ToV), no city quest lines where you get to talk with Queen Antonia or saving Lucan in Freeport, etc.

Also, for folks not around then, Nektulos Forest will be a lot more dangerous to move through; there will will be no druid rings or wizard portals. There won't be linear quest hubs throughout the zones, most of the content that you see now in Lavastorm and Everfrost will be gone. There will be no new crafting quests like you have in New Halas. Folks are going to find that there will be a lot of differences and a lot of the QoL conveniences they've gotten used to are going to be gone.

Yeah this is really the thing. Origins as it is, based on what info we do have, shouldn't even need some of the usual TLE bells and whistles (The reduced healing effectiveness, slower exp, etc) because the world itself is going to be infinitely more dangerous and the BIG quest hubs will be a little more broken up.

If I am remembering right GU24-29 are still before we got the additional Nektulos Forest questlines that we have now as well and the NPC locations aren't revamped either. So the guiderails are off in that zone.

Zek will also be about as barren quest wise as EL too, with most of it's quests coming from drops again or being group-heavy.

Beyoncia

Arandar, if I were you I would not imagine too much. Changes might not be as significant as you hope for, or as you remember them. I'd suggest people should wait until more official information is given. Not to get the effect of defeated expectancy.

Arandar

Yeah this is really the thing. Origins as it is, based on what info we do have, shouldn't even need some of the usual TLE bells and whistles (The reduced healing effectiveness, slower exp, etc) because the world itself is going to be infinitely more dangerous and the BIG quest hubs will be a little more broken up.

If I am remembering right GU24-29 are still before we got the additional Nektulos Forest questlines that we have now as well and the NPC locations aren't revamped either. So the guiderails are off in that zone.

Zek will also be about as barren quest wise as EL too, with most of it's quests coming from drops again or being group-heavy.

Zek, Lavastorm and Everfrost were largely about HQs and the dungeon instances. I think by GU26ish, they had added the Dreadnever quests in SolEye, but that's about it. EL and Feerott were the zones that had the most T4-5 questy stuff, iirc.