Origins: Can we get a non-rushed TLE this time, please?

Do you have any data to show that a "big chunk of the population" feels this way or is it just the noisy people that make the most forum posts but actually represent a small minority of the actual population that feel this way?
Past 4-5 TLEs are good enough of a sample for me.
Also, it's not just the XP pots, etc... People need to be at peace that it will not be the perfect vanilla nostalgic experience.
Everyone (or near enough) knows the leveling routes, the group compositions, etc... to optimize leveling.
Sure there'll be folks going google eyes at turtle pace - but there'll be a good number of people smashing zones up.
Like it or not, leveling will be faster than the old vanilla experience, people will mostly know what to do and how the game works.
We were terrible noobs at launch in 2004 - most people playing these days... Aren't.

Andivare

Do you have any data to show that a "big chunk of the population" feels this way or is it just the noisy people that make the most forum posts but actually represent a small minority of the actual population that feel this way?
I doubt any players have tracked it. At this point I am willing to bet someone working for the company has tracked the server populations of all the TLE servers. Using that they could then plan their release windows.

Zenji

or is it just the noisy people that make the most forum posts but actually represent a small minority of the actual population that feel this way?
Do you have any data showing it's a small minority?

Seriously though, if you have been around any of the TLEs or really most any other classic style MMO server, people go through content significantly faster than they did 20 years ago. The game is solved, so the time originally spent learning how things work is no longer needed.

LAVONEGO

The game is solved, so the time originally spent learning how things work is no longer needed.
This is both a true and a false statement. Just because said information is available does not mean it is desired or applied by all (lets just say people like a mystery or exploration) (Also, all the changes in origins may create new norms.)

Things clearly aren't as solved as people think.

People are literally coming onto beta and being surprised by how much of a pain it is to deal with the newbie island solo.

And when I was on earlier there are plenty of people that are newer or returning from a long absence trying to get a feel for it.

A lot of people just don't use external sources and prefer to learn things as they go.

Honestly, if they do any sort of unlocks I like the idea of a in game mail vote for it.

teivos

I doubt any players have tracked it. At this point I am willing to bet someone working for the company has tracked the server populations of all the TLE servers. Using that they could then plan their release windows.
the TLEs are at a pace that anyone not wanting to go fast would just quit, that's why they're ghost towns eventually because they're constantly burning people out, there's definitely a happy medium to be found, the problem is the fatigue the player-base feels at certain points is going to happen at the same exact points based on what path gets chosen every time that path gets picked.

Last edited:

Shawson

Things clearly aren't as solved as people think.

People are literally coming onto beta and being surprised by how much of a pain it is to deal with the newbie island solo.

And when I was on earlier there are plenty of people that are newer or returning from a long absence trying to get a feel for it.

A lot of people just don't use external sources and prefer to learn things as they go.

Honestly, if they do any sort of unlocks I like the idea of a in game mail vote for it.
I expected it to be tougher but it’s done something else, for me. It’s kinda forced me (evil side) to use zones I’ve skipped for YEARS. Longshadow Alley, Stonestair Byway, The Graveyard, etc etc. For past TLEs I’ve ignored these altogether. I wish I hadn’t. Lots of fun, there.

Bekkr

I expected it to be tougher but it’s done something else, for me. It’s kinda forced me (evil side) to use zones I’ve skipped for YEARS. Longshadow Alley, Stonestair Byway, The Graveyard, etc etc. For past TLEs I’ve ignored these altogether. I wish I hadn’t. Lots of fun, there.
You haven't ignored them, they just weren't even accessible outside city timeline quests. They were effectively removed from the game in the Freeport revamp, and even after they were added for city quests, didn't have banks, brokers, merchants, travel bells, etc. This is the first time they've been back to how they used to be.

Bydekm

Severely lowering kill xp would reduce bot and boxed group grinding. Rewarding decent xp to quests would promote the old school natural grouping with guildies and pick up groups to get upgrades from signature and heritage quests.

Not sure how it is on live, but many people on TLE's don't bother grouping when they can just load up their 6 box and do it themselves, leaving those of us who actually enjoy grouping with other people to look for groups for a specific zone for days or weeks.

DENSER

Severely lowering kill xp would reduce bot and boxed group grinding. Rewarding decent xp to quests would promote the old school natural grouping with guildies and pick up groups to get upgrades from signature and heritage quests.

Not sure how it is on live, but many people on TLE's don't bother grouping when they can just load up their 6 box and do it themselves, leaving those of us who actually enjoy grouping with other people to look for groups for a specific zone for days or weeks.
Days or weeks is a bit much. I never had trouble doing this or that area on varsoon.
As long as you start the group. Afterwards if it is for low level content, yes it is more difficult like any mmo.
If you put yourself lfg there Yes, you can wait a long time.

In terms of slowing the progression of bots.
I doubt it will slow them down, it's hard to do otherwise when you've become accustomed to the ease , to a way of playing.
I imagine they will find other uses for their bot armies.