No appearance items on Marketplace, Please!!

Megabrandon

Yeah, I fully support cosmetics in the shop so long as they stay cosmetic. No xp pots, no faster or better mounts, etc. Just cosmetics and that will be fine. People who want to look like they live in the Down Below their whole life can feel free to do that, while people who want more control over their aesthetic should be free to do so. It does not impact gameplay, so maybe people dedicated to the real old school aesthetic can make a guild specifically for that 🤷‍♂️

Saint Sora

I have reviewed the proposed marketplace items on the beta server and it is extremely disappointing. There are no armor/weapon appearance items. I don't understand the reasoning behind this, especially since there is prestige housing and every single mount including flying mounts and giant dragon mounts. Preferably give us all of the appearance armor/weapons, but if you're not going to, also remove all of these crazy out of era mounts and prestige housing.

Ceciliantas

I have reviewed the proposed marketplace items on the beta server and it is extremely disappointing. There are no armor/weapon appearance items. I don't understand the reasoning behind this, especially since there is prestige housing and every single mount including flying mounts and giant dragon mounts. Preferably give us all of the appearance armor/weapons, but if you're not going to, also remove all of these crazy out of era mounts and prestige housing.
Where did you see this at? Id like to look.

Edit: Ah nevermind. Found it.

Last edited:

Evilary

I don't mind the prestige housing as it doesn't really mess with anything in game except for the players who have them. The giant mounts will be a horrible option since they never gave us the ability to hide other player mounts while still seeing ours. The bags will kill the early market for tailors and carpenters but once they get up higher, the market will open up again.

My personal opinion is they should do away with the exp potions and just add that toward our normal experience gain or do away with it completely. That's the only item that affects other players as you may be grouping with a nice leveling group and they out level you and leave you behind if you don't purchase the potions as well. It's not game breaking but either way it's just not worth the hassle in my mind.

And I don't understand why so many are against appearance gear. They are ok with someone coming into town riding a giant duck but they cannot be dressed nice as well...

Zenji

That's the only item that affects other players as you may be grouping with a nice leveling group and they out level you and leave you behind if you don't purchase the potions as well.
It's 10% more XP for 2 hours. Unless you are literally playing all day with them while they pop potions. It wont matter.

Right now with the XP changes, people on beta are getting about ~1 level per hour from 12+
10% more XP isn't going to separate people in leveling grps

Evilary

It's 10% more XP for 2 hours. Unless you are literally playing all day with them while they pop potions. It wont matter.

Right now with the XP changes, people on beta are getting about ~1 level per hour from 12+
10% more XP isn't going to separate people in leveling grps
Ok, it's actually 15% and it doesn't matter if it's 5%. It was my opinion and believe it or not, I am allowed to have one.

If you are in a group with some people who are 1 or 2 levels from leaving an area but you need to be there for 4 or 5 levels, yeah, that extra level an hour they get will lose you that extra hour of experience with the group.

I said no where that it was game breaking. Just gave my opinion on the matter. Take it for what you will.

Zenji

If you are in a group with some people who are 1 or 2 levels from leaving an area but you need to be there for 4 or 5 levels, yeah, that extra level an hour they get will lose you that extra hour of experience with the group.
that's not how 10% more XP works.
If a group of people other than you would be leaving an area in 1 level and they have a potion going. They will be leaving that area 6 minutes sooner than if they didn't have a potion going.
Assuming 1 level per hour.

Baroknik

Would be interesting to see them add an option to disable seeing another player's Appearance slot gear to address this? That way people that want to be flaming flamingos can be, but anyone that doesn't want to see this can see the ugly mismatched sets they wear underneath? I mean, no appearance slots IS classic after all! (Last sentence meant to be cheeky, but the toggle I think could be an interesting option).

Rijacki

I wish we had dyes like EQ1.
Me, too. I wish we had both, actually. EQ1 has both, in their own way, with the 'appearance slots' being something you have to unlock per character with a rather high DB price. Speaking of DB prices, they are significantly higher for most Marketplace items on EQ1 than EQ2. Coming back to EQ2 from playing mostly EQ for a few years, I'm really shocked by how cheap things are on the Marketplace for similar items.