Dispatch

Kenway

The focus of this skill suggestion will be the Brigand’s combat Art “Dispatch” and the utility it fails to provide. Dispatch was once the Brigand’s class defining CA and it became buried and ignored as other classes drew more attention for whatever reasons.

“Dispatch" in its current state is not applying an effective debuff. It has not been scaled up (multiplied) over time, to match the resists on current mobs. The overall resist levels that Dispatch would need to impact would need to approach the millions and even billions for it to be truly effective in todays’ game. Back in the day (KoS / EoF era) “dispatch” would take a mob all the way down to zero resists. Back then, Brigands were a key class to have in a raid or group because it brought tremendous utility. I remember when it was value added to have a well timed "Dispatch" macro in place that would signal coordination with other classes to use their hardest hitting attacks for when the mob had no resists. That coordination took skill which in turn was rewarded by killing the mob faster, (Uber DPS while Dispatch was running). Timely "dispatch" spike DPS was especially useful on fights where there was only a short time to DPS the mob between joust calls. Remember when you only had a few seconds to hit certain mobs with “Dispatch” between jousts? The Brigand class had a role to play and for Brigand that role was to debuff the mob so other classes could spike DPS.

The recent Thieves Guild (TG) post-nerf upgrade was close to solving the same issue in that it provided a huge potency boost which in turn mitigated current mob resist levels. If a TG fix is still distasteful, then Dispatch improvement is another way to help Brigands to regain their niche.

Last edited:

Chath

I would suggest increasing Rake, Mug and add to debilitating. Perhaps upto an additional 2% on debilitate, and maybe 1.5% on Rake. Mug could be maybe 2-3%. Therefore the Brigand is focused on maintaining having the mob debuffed, and not relying on a single ability. I agree Dispatch should be the heavier hit of them all. Realistically you will reach about your 7/9% if you are focused enough on cycling the abilities. Just my thought.
Maybe a number to aim for might be collectively debuffing 10% of a T1's combat mitigation between all of a brigand's abilities (so 83710.2), assuming they were all at celestial. I think I'd also lean towards dispatch being the heaviest hit - could make it half, with the remaining half divided between debilitate, rake, and mug? That'd put celestial dispatch's combat mit reduction at 35692.2 for the CA, 6162.9 from AA. So for Caith's purposes, 35692.2 for celestial dispatch combat mitigation.

I tend to favor higher values because when we were doing Bonecleaver and had to debuff his combat mit by pretty significant values (what was it, 25k?) that it was never super obvious that he was taking a ton more damage. I'd love to make dispatch really pack a punch. Thoughts on the values?

Last edited:

Auxic

To move this request onto the next phase, an updated request needs to be posted with the specific requested change, the numbers in Auxic's post are mostly fine for that, other then they do not have a starting point that functions with how tier mults work in the game. If the posted number for the celestial reduction is the amount requested, these are the numbers.

Using an average of current H3 player stats for the last day and removing the randomization from Battery and Assault, the ability did 213,682,097,817 damage against the combat mitigation of an h3 basepop.

With the current Dispatch at Expert with no changes, the damage from B&A climbs to 308,066,937,902, an increase of more then 44% for each ability that hits while Dispatch is running. With the current Dispatch at Celestial with no changes, the damage from B&A climbs to 311,167,650,194, an increase of more then 45% for each ability that hits while Dispatch is running. With the suggested Dispatch at Expert with no changes, the damage from B&A climbs to 386,274,031,298, an increase of more then 80% for each ability that hits while Dispatch is running. With the suggested Dispatch at Celestial with no changes, the damage from B&A climbs to 419,168,864,648, an increase of more then 96% for each ability that hits while Dispatch is running.
I would like to agree with this. However, if the request is to figure out multipliers with an H3 I'll need a little more time.

It's nice to see how much the effect is. 96% sounds like we are doubling the effectiveness. Does the rest agree or disagree?

I also noticed Dispatch had a timer of 24.6s a few expansions ago, and had reduced to 22s. Any chance cycling that back?

Auxic

Maybe a number to aim for might be collectively debuffing 10% of a T1's combat mitigation between all of a brigand's abilities (so 83710.2), assuming they were all at celestial. I think I'd also lean towards dispatch being the heaviest hit - could make it half, with the remaining half divided between debilitate, rake, and mug? That'd put celestial dispatch's combat mit reduction at 35692.2 for the CA, 6162.9 from AA. So for Caith's purposes, 35692.2 for celestial dispatch combat mitigation.

I tend to favor higher values because when we were doing Bonecleaver and had to debuff his combat mit by pretty significant values (what was it, 25k?) that it was never super obvious that he was taking a ton more damage. I'd love to make dispatch really pack a punch. Thoughts on the values?
I am happy with 25-36k at Ancient Level.

Kenway

I would like to agree with this. However, if the request is to figure out multipliers with an H3 I'll need a little more time.

It's nice to see how much the effect is. 96% sounds like we are doubling the effectiveness. Does the rest agree or disagree?

I also noticed Dispatch had a timer of 24.6s a few expansions ago, and had reduced to 22s. Any chance cycling that back?
Auxic, I don‘t want to lose any momentum we might have, but I don’t have the subject matter expertise to come up with updated request. if you are willing to help with the needed data to comply with Caith’s request I am sure the Brigand community would be appreciative! I can post an updated request if you are willing to work numbers. Thanks

This isn't quite how tier mults work, a spell increases based off tier by the following multipliers.

Apprentice
0.9​
Journeyman
1.1​
Adept
1.2​
Expert
1.54​
Master
1.6​
Grandmaster
1.68​
Ancient
2.02​
Celestial
2.07​

They used to be a little less...janky, before 4 tiers were removed from the game.
I think with his numbers and the tiers of the estimated increase of the cmit shows that if they were using the proper tier increase you mentioned. Then the result is even lower than what Auxic said. Which is even more reason to adjust debuffs as it's doing even less than the theoretical increase from his math.

Any reasoning as to why there would never be a % decrease debuff added though. There's already % increase in damage added. Which is practically the same thing but in reverse..

It would theoretically make future adjustments to debuffs easier for you as you don't have to modify it every single year. And it would keep it consistently important.

Like it would avoid where we are at now. Mobs cmit have gotten so out of control that if we simply didn't cast dispatch we wouldn't notice a difference.. but it seems cmit is so high because potency is so high. It all correlates

The last name in h3 for example each add stack decreases the names cmit by like 86k per stack up to 2 stacks. And when you have extra classes that allow you to ignore the add and fight the name that 86k or 192k reduction is absolutely massive and 100% felt and useful.

I'd like to see a brig be able to pull off 80-100k cmit using it's debuffs. If 30% or so of that number comes from dispatch as it was the ability back then then amazing. The 35k cmit reduction makes sense.

But to counter this reduction all the devs have to do is increase the cmit of mobs even further. My fear with not allowing % reductions is we will continue year over year to have to fight for a change to make our debuffs useful.

Last edited:

Sephris

To move this request onto the next phase, an updated request needs to be posted with the specific requested change, the numbers in Auxic's post are mostly fine for that, other then they do not have a starting point that functions with how tier mults work in the game. If the posted number for the celestial reduction is the amount requested, these are the numbers.

Using an average of current H3 player stats for the last day and removing the randomization from Battery and Assault, the ability did 213,682,097,817 damage against the combat mitigation of an h3 basepop.

With the current Dispatch at Expert with no changes, the damage from B&A climbs to 308,066,937,902, an increase of more then 44% for each ability that hits while Dispatch is running. With the current Dispatch at Celestial with no changes, the damage from B&A climbs to 311,167,650,194, an increase of more then 45% for each ability that hits while Dispatch is running. With the suggested Dispatch at Expert with no changes, the damage from B&A climbs to 386,274,031,298, an increase of more then 80% for each ability that hits while Dispatch is running. With the suggested Dispatch at Celestial with no changes, the damage from B&A climbs to 419,168,864,648, an increase of more then 96% for each ability that hits while Dispatch is running.
Can i just say this is an amazing breakdown to see posted? It helps me (and I'm sure many others) understand so much better what we're asking for and puts our perspective against yours in a way that is really helpful and insightful.

Chath

I'm a little concerned by how sharp the diminishing returns for increased combat mitigation debuffs seemed to be in the example breakdown Caith posted, where going from ~8k (45%) to ~12k (80%) and then to 23k (96%) seemed to be ramping down pretty fast. That suggests to me that it won't be a linear increase if we stack on a bunch of combat mit debuffs and might be a bit subtle even with enormous values, though I'd be happy if someone who's more mathematically inclined could correct me. I'd definitely lean towards being more aggressive with combat mit debuff values based on that, especially considering that values players currently achieve tend to pass without notice.

As a general principle, I think we should always be more aggressive with damage amp from debuffs to combat mit than from buffs, because buffs scale infinitely while debuffs feel far more controlled.

I will say I think that's why a lot of things have swapped to % DMG increase instead. As they are more controlled and don't ramp up or down.
But then the limit to how much of a % increase is. Could probably be better if they removed the adorns that did the % increase and just made them class abilities to bring more uniqueness to classes again.

Let the rogues be the % increase so they feel useful vs just being replaced be an adorn a healer can wear.

Auxic

Brigand dispatch could use an increase in combat mit, and the increase should be considered more around what % is a reasonable decrease on the mob that impacts the need of a brigand in raids. It would be good to understand what a reasonable decrease should look like.

As of right now
A T1 Raid in Zimara is 837,102 CM (Attached)
A T4 Raid Mob is 897,182 CM (Attached)

At Ancient, dispatch has a total of 8428.6 CM with AA and 2265.7 without AA.

When it is calculated Dispatch gives only a 0.01% debuff at Ancient to a T1 mob, Even less vs a T4.

Below would be a draft of better scaling for todays content? Remember brigs have other CM abilities such as Mug, and Rake to be added, and does not need to be a crazy number. When added a Brigand will apply about a 3% total debuff if all abilities are running with the below example.

Quick Suggestion: Dispatch ( Combat Ability + AA) = Total Percent Debuff.

Using the current base value of 2265.7, as the increment, below are leveling scales of the ability and mobs debuff percentage applied by each. Includes the T1 and T4 Raid mobs. What do you think?

----------------------------------------
..VS a T1 Raid Mob - 837,102CM - Ranges from 1% - 2.8% CM Debuff

Apprentice: Percent Debuff 0.01%
CA: 2265.7 + 6162.9 = 8428.6 (Currently)

Journeyman: Percent Debuff 0.0128%
CA: 4531.4 + 6162.9 = 10,694.3

Expert: Percent Debuff 0.0155%
CA: 6797.1 + 6162.9 = 12,960

Master: Percent Debuff 0.0182%
CA: 9062.8 + 6162.9 = 15,225.7

Grandmaster: Percent Debuff 0.021%
CA: 11,328.5 + 6162.9 = 17,491.4

Ancient: Percent Debuff 0.0256%
CA: 15,325.9 + 6162.9 = 22,022.8

Celestial: Percent Debuff 0.0284%
CA: 17,591.6 + 6162.9 = 23,754.5
--------------------------------------------
..VS a T4 Raid Mob 897,182CM - Ranges 0.0094% - 0.0265% CM Debuff

Apprentice: Percent Debuff 0.0094%
CA: 2265.7 + 6162.9 = 8428.6 (Currently)

Journeyman: Percent Debuff 0.0119%
CA: 4531.4 + 6162.9 = 10,694.3

Expert: Percent Debuff 0.0144%
CA: 6797.1 + 6162.9 = 12,960

Master: Percent Debuff 0.0197%
CA: 9062.8 + 6162.9 = 15,225.7

Grandmaster: Percent Debuff 0.0195%
CA: 11,328.5 + 6162.9 = 17,491.4

Ancient: Percent Debuff 0.0245%
CA: 15,325.9 + 6162.9 = 22,022.8

Celestial: Percent Debuff 0.0265%
CA: 17,591.6 + 6162.9 = 23,754.5

This isn't quite how tier mults work, a spell increases based off tier by the following multipliers.

Apprentice
0.9​
Journeyman
1.1​
Adept
1.2​
Expert
1.54​
Master
1.6​
Grandmaster
1.68​
Ancient
2.02​
Celestial
2.07​

They used to be a little less...janky, before 4 tiers were removed from the game.

I realized I had never put adept in my math, but...

Would a fair request look something like this? Since the multiplier mentioned above and to match some of the math I did, would an increase of the multiplier look more something this this as a request for change? I believe this gives the CM values I had listed.

Apprentice2.02
Journeyman4.04
Adept6.06
Expert8.08
Master10.1
Grandmaster12.12
Ancient16.16
Celestial18.18

Would this be too aggressive? or...

If we are looking to increase its effectiveness by x2 or x3 maybe increase the multiplier by an additional 100 - 200%, something like this?

Apprentice1.8 or 2.7
Journeyman2.2 or 3.3
Adept2.4. or 3.6
Expert3.08 or 4.62
Master3.2. or 4.8
Grandmaster3.76 or 5.44
Ancient4.04 or 6.06
Celestial4.14 or 6.21

What do you think?

Chath

I thought when Caith posted that list of spell tiers and multipliers, he was giving how values increase between tiers, say from expert to master, and master to grandmaster, etc - what I thought he was saying is that the values you had proposed didn't line up with how tiering works, so we needed to give a value for a given tier (celestial, expert, whatever) where he would then derive all the other values. My understanding was that those multipliers are some hardcoded values that we won't be changing, and what we'd be setting is the base value for combat mitigation debuffs that are then adjusted via those tier multipliers. So for example, if we want, say, 60k for celestial, or whatever, then that'd be divided by 2.07 to get the base value that would be run through those tier multipliers. We just need to decide what value is appropriate for some given tier (celestial, expert, whatever) of dispatch and give him that number, I think.

Last edited:

Randalph

EQ2Wire Ambassador
I want to try and understand the H3 example posted by Caith. Is he saying currently Dispatch should increase every single hit by 44% or more at expert?

If that is the case, is this theory, how it should work or was it tested in game? Because I do not see such an increase from a 8k combat mitigation debuff in H3. Or do I just not understand what is being demonstrated here :oops:

Last edited:

Chath

I want to try and understand the H3 example posted by Caith. Is he saying currently Dispatch should increase every single hit by 44% or more at expert?

If that is the case, is this theory, how it should work or was it tested in game? Because I do not see such an increase from a 8k combat mitigation debuff in H3. Or do I just not understand what is being demonstrated here :oops:
From how I read it, Caith was using different combat mitigation values for dispatch while making Assault and Battery do flat damage (no random range), so we could see how the damage changed - he was showing how much harder a given ability would hit with different combat mit values. For existing expert/celestial values we have from live, it was a 44/45% damage increase - which makes sense, because combat mitigation values from expert to celestial change very little on live, since most of the combat mitigation debuff value comes from AA (6k-ish vs 2kish).

When he used the value for expert that Auxic had proposed (roughly 12k-ish total) the increased damage the mob took was 80%. When he used the celestial value Auxic had suggested (around 23k-ish), it was 96%.

A key thing to remember here is that dispatch also debuffs resistance, so unless Caith removed that from his test, some of the increased damage could be attributed to the resist debuff rather than combat mitigation alone - in other words, the actual damage increase from combat mitigation may be somewhat less than those values.

A point I find interesting is that while we gained a strong damage increase from going from 8k combat mit to 12k (45% -> 80%), it wasn't nearly as sharp for 12k -> 23k (80% -> 96%). So it does seem like the benefits of debuffing combat mitigation will fall off quite a bit as we get further away from it. This seems to line up with anecdotal experiences with combat mit, where when players had potency values at or below it, increases to potency were extremely obvious and profoundly impactful. tldr - don't expect damage to shoot up like a rocket with really high combat mit debuff values unless your damage was really bad to begin with.

The other possibility is that there could be some kind of cap or soft cap to combat mit debuffs, but I hope that's not the case.

Auxic

I thought when Caith posted that list of spell tiers and multipliers, he was giving how values increase between tiers, say from expert to master, and master to grandmaster, etc - what I thought he was saying is that the values you had proposed didn't line up with how tiering works, so we needed to give a value for a given tier (celestial, expert, whatever) where he would then derive all the other values. My understanding was that those multipliers are some hardcoded values that we won't be changing, and what we'd be setting is the base value for combat mitigation debuffs that are then adjusted via those tier multipliers. So for example, if we want, say, 60k for celestial, or whatever, then that'd be divided by 2.07 to get the base value that would be run through those tier multipliers. We just need to decide what value is appropriate for some given tier (celestial, expert, whatever) of dispatch and give him that number, I think.
Sorry I have not been present lately, however we need to start proposing some math for them to consider and get the ball moving.

I drafted out some math. Correct me if I am wrong.

A Based Value is divided by the given multiplier and adding the AAcm for a grand total.

Do totals seem realistic enough, or should be lowered/raised? Can we all agree? Is this right?

Caith, What do the damage outputs look like?

Based off Chaths given 60,000k/2.07 based value Celestial Example
======================================
Formula: (Based Value / Multiplier) + AA = Grand Total
(Estimated Guess)
TierBase ValueMultiplierTotal CMAAGrand Total CMPrevious Increased
Apprentice140000.9015555.566162.921718.46NA
Journeyman190001.1017272.736162.923435.631717.17
Adept225001.2018750.006162.924912.901477.27
Expert310001.5420129.876162.926292.771379.87
Master350001.6021875.006162.928037.901745.13
Grand Master400001.6823809.526162.929972.421934.52
Ancient550002.0227227.726162.933390.623418.20
Celestial600002.0728985.516162.935148.411757.78

Last edited:

Auxic

This example would be close to the math I had earlier in the thread. This would include base values.

What do you think?

I like the math, and would propose something like this if its correct with estimated AA bonuses. We can also tweak it.

Based on Auxic's Previous Example Given (Estimated)
Example:
TierBase ValueMultiplierTotal CMAAGrand Total CMPrevious Increase
Apprentice82000.909111.116162.915274.01NA
Journeyman110001.1010000.006162.916162.90888.89
Adept132001.2011000.006162.917162.901000.00
Expert185001.5412012.996162.918175.891012.99
Master210001.6013125.006162.919287.901112.01
Grand Master245001.6814583.336162.920746.231458.33
Ancient360002.0217821.786162.923984.683238.45
Celestial415002.0720048.316162.926211.212226.53

My question would be is this correct, and what are the damage increase outputs?

Last edited:

Chath

I could be wrong, but my understanding of how the values work is that "base value" should be a single number that doesn't change by tier: the multiplier is how we'd arrive at the CM for that tier. So for example if we had base value be, say, 10k, then apprentice would be 9k, journeyman would 11k, adept 12k, expert 15.4k, master 16k, grandmaster 16.8k, ancient 20.2k, and celestial 20.7k. What I was trying to say in my previous example is that if we wanted to get 60k for celestial, that base value would be (60000/2.07), which is 28985.5072. Then that would make apprentice (28985.5072 * 0.9), journeyman (28985.5072 * 1.1), and so on. So ultimately, we're trying to decide on that single base value number, I think.

Auxic

I could be wrong, but my understanding of how the values work is that "base value" should be a single number that doesn't change by tier: the multiplier is how we'd arrive at the CM for that tier. So for example if we had base value be, say, 10k, then apprentice would be 9k, journeyman would 11k, adept 12k, expert 15.4k, master 16k, grandmaster 16.8k, ancient 20.2k, and celestial 20.7k. What I was trying to say in my previous example is that if we wanted to get 60k for celestial, that base value would be (60000/2.07), which is 28985.5072. Then that would make apprentice (28985.5072 * 0.9), journeyman (28985.5072 * 1.1), and so on. So ultimately, we're trying to decide on that single base value number, I think.
Sorry, just trying to figure out a solution here. I apologize for being incorrect.

I believe the current set BV is somewhere around 1122.
If you set the base BV 11000, (almost 1000% increase) the numbers look much better. I guess the question is...

Where do you want the celestial CM to be?
What number are we looking for?
and % effectiveness?

Apprentice110000.909900.006162.916062.90NA
Journeyman110001.1012100.006162.918262.902200.00
Adept110001.2013200.006162.919362.901100.00
Expert110001.5416940.006162.923102.903740.00
Master110001.6017600.006162.923762.90660.00
Grand Master110001.6818480.006162.924642.90880.00
Ancient110002.0222220.006162.928382.903740.00
Celestial110002.0722770.006162.928932.90550.00

Playing with the BV numbers, it increases about 1030cm per a 500 BV.

Last edited:

Chath

A base value of 11k seems like it'd work out to be pretty close to what Caith had been testing with before, so that makes sense to me. I'd personally err on the side of making it too strong than too weak because dispatch has always been the signature ability of brigands, but I think any base value between 10k and, say, 27k would be pretty reasonable.

Auxic

A base value of 11k seems like it'd work out to be pretty close to what Caith had been testing with before, so that makes sense to me. I'd personally err on the side of making it too strong than too weak because dispatch has always been the signature ability of brigands, but I think any base value between 10k and, say, 27k would be pretty reasonable.
Here are some proposed increases in these ranges.

Estimated 1000% Increase
Apprentice112200.9010098.006162.916260.90NA
Journeyman112201.1012342.006162.918504.902244.00
Adept112201.2013464.006162.919626.901122.00
Expert112201.5417278.806162.923441.703814.80
Master112201.6017952.006162.924114.90673.20
Grand Master112201.6818849.606162.925012.50897.60
Ancient112202.0222664.406162.928827.303814.80
Celestial112202.0723225.406162.929388.30561.00

Estimated 1500% Increase
Apprentice168300.9015147.006162.921309.90NA
Journeyman168301.1018513.006162.924675.903366.00
Adept168301.2020196.006162.926358.901683.00
Expert168301.5425918.206162.932081.105722.20
Master168301.6026928.006162.933090.901009.80
Grand Master168301.6828274.406162.934437.301346.40
Ancient168302.0233996.606162.940159.505722.20
Celestial168302.0734838.106162.941001.00841.50

Estimated 2000% Increase
Apprentice224400.9020196.006162.926358.90NA
Journeyman224401.1024684.006162.930846.904488.00
Adept224401.2026928.006162.933090.902244.00
Expert224401.5434557.606162.940720.507629.60
Master224401.6035904.006162.942066.901346.40
Grand Master224401.6837699.206162.943862.101795.20
Ancient224402.0245328.806162.951491.707629.60
Celestial224402.0746450.806162.952613.701122.00

Estimated 2500% Increase
Apprentice280500.9025245.006162.931407.90NA
Journeyman280501.1030855.006162.937017.905610.00
Adept280501.2033660.006162.939822.902805.00
Expert280501.5443197.006162.949359.909537.00
Master280501.6044880.006162.951042.901683.00
Grand Master280501.6847124.006162.953286.902244.00
Ancient280502.0256661.006162.962823.909537.00
Celestial280502.0758063.506162.964226.401402.50

Proto12

I want to make a quick comment here (sorry that it's off topic) to say that this thread very poignantly demonstrates how obscure and almost impossible-to-understand our base damage calculation currently is on live. Even for those of us that really try to dig into data and utilize all of the tools available to us (ACT, training dummies - normal ones and the paid one that copies combat mit -, stat monitors, etc), it's still incredibly difficult to learn definitively and empirically the impact of buffing and debuffing certain stats.
The most current piece of information readily available regarding combat mit that I'm aware of is this wiki link, and even that contains data (expected values and coefficients) that are very likely outdated these days.
If Caith (or whoever) would consider making a brief primer for the community on the basic math of combat and stats on live atm (information similar to what they posted earlier in this thread regarding the coefficients for spell level scaling), that's something that I think would be incredibly appreciated by, and quickly spread around the community 🙏.