Damage of Inquisitor combat arts.

Miaga

Imo it should be the following way: take the best dps class/classes, give him the best possible buff and gear. Make the result the starting point. Other dps classes should be within 10% difference from that. Support classes should do 60-70% of that iconic class. Tanks - 40-50%, Healers 20-30%. As it stands right now, Warden and Channeler are almost there, the other priests are completely off.
This is what we need, ideally from the devs to say T1 top DPS, T2 is X% of T1 and so on. This would then give the framework for what people need to ask for.

Aeras

What I don't understand is how much dps do people want? We see people saying their healer does 5t in a raid but what would the ideal amount be? 10t 20t 30t? It's really difficult to know what the right amount should be, if it's to much then all the other classes will want a boost if it's to little then it won't be noticeable.

I think to get any traction someone would need to go through their logs and look at ability A that currently does say 300b dps and think OK let's double that ability and so on working through each ability to identify the actual boost needed and what the final result is, so the amount needed could be quantified as a multiplier or % upgrade for each ability. Is it a flat % increase needed for all abilities or do some need a bigger boost than others?

I've always been one to say that healers should get their healing sorted first, then the buffs they bring and then the dps, dps from a healer in raid is a bonus but absolutely should not be required to do content. Solo is completely different though.
Sadly, we need a something more than this thread and voting system to get that fixed. Tank, bard, and healer DPS is lacking across the board. The actual DPS classes keep doing more and more DPS with every expansion release while the rest of us are left lacking and not getting much better, even with gear upgrades as the expac progresses.

Bentenn

Inquisitors, the few remaining still DPS fine and are only part of raids because they are set members that have been there forever. People are not looking for an inquisitor that can dps. They look for one that can heal/buff/cure, which at the moment they have cures. They bring no buffs to a raid any longer, unless you have an entire group set up for melee, and heals are far inferior to any other healer atm. If inquisitor needs anything at all its buffs that are relevant and help with heals.
I understand that all healers and support classes are under par for Combat arts /Spells, but honestly it is the least of your worries. Say they buff your DPS and nothing else. In that case you will solo better and unless your in a guild group, that's about it. There will be little use for you anywhere else. Just saying.

Bentenn

This is what we need, ideally from the devs to say T1 top DPS, T2 is X% of T1 and so on. This would then give the framework for what people need to ask for.
But do to how a raid buffs, what they bring in or what the have available, this is hard to create a framework. Say they create a "Framework" and then those T2 classes get some extra buffs due to missing T1 raiders, and they blow up and pass T1s just because of certain buffs. That is the problem with creating a framework, which is why they did away with what classes were Teir Groups a while ago, it was so graciously pointed out to me one day.

Miaga

Yeah it's a hard one to balance which is guess is why we are in the state we are! So much dps can depend on buffs or how people play classes even. It needs to be a rough guide I guess but then it's down to each class to what they see is broken and what they want their class to be. I guess if inquisitors want to do insane massive dps then let's go for it, it won't fix the class though.

Beyoncia

There is nothing else to do but dps, to be honest. Provenance is the only buff we have, debuffs are useless. The way the incoming damage is done in an absolute majority of content is there is either nothing to heal at all, or it is oneshot. And with no DR or reliable wards we can do little in the second case.

Miaga

There is nothing else to do but dps, to be honest. Provenance is the only buff we have, debuffs are useless. The way the incoming damage is done in an absolute majority of content is there is either nothing to heal at all, or it is oneshot. And with no DR or reliable wards we can do little in the second case.
So rather than just say give us massive dps, why not say let's get our heals sorted let's get our buffs sorted? At the end of the day an Inquisitor could do 20t dps and still not be wanted any more.

Beyoncia

So rather than just say give us massive dps, why not say let's get our heals sorted let's get our buffs sorted? At the end of the day an Inquisitor could do 20t dps and still not be wanted any more.
Once again, it has little to do with the topic, which is only about the damage of combat arts we have.

Miaga

Yes I guess for this post it doesn't matter, so should inquisitors have a increase to combat arts yes go on but it should be maybe 1.5 times the current values of their combat abilities (not just combat arts do it across the board) Much more than that and it makes them to overpowered (the warden epic 3 is an anomaly and should be bought down a bit for damage). The reason I mention getting ur buffs and heals fixed is if no one posts sensible changes to either then it will never get done and all u will get is a mild to moderate increase in you dps. And if this request for increased damage is never approved and implemented then you won't get a thing.

Beyoncia

I understand it, but buffs and healing are kind of bigger issues that concerns every priest, design of encounters and combat in general.

Miaga

Yes but there is no forums for that, there are forums to suggest changes to your class that will help deal with the encounter issues!

Luziana

i dont mind to give more damage to healers.
They deserve that raise the same way as tanks or supporters do.
This is for this thread - pushing heals and buffs/debuffs would be another ;)

Moxjet

I do miss the old AA and class abilities.

Back around GU 54 ? Inquisitor has a totally different AA line I recall turning all spells into melee attacks using the strength or agility line. Stamina towards the bottom gave 100% to crit and the first AA was double swing..mixed with a legend black maul I think from that zone in Kos.. huum lab raids were held there but also a regular zone . Anyways 50 to 300+ damage with 8 seconds and I was out parsing most in a group.

Part of my point is the AA line for Inquisitor was vary unique until the nerf and change to the AA line and a lot of the dev team wanted me to keep playing the class it was also my first. But I also played 4k hour's and broke the game "they said "

Lesson is be careful what I ask for. I just might get it... And regret it...