Year of Darkpaw Ask Me Anything Responses

Leetha

Thank you for all this :).

But concerning the suburbs....I really do miss Willow Wood. Yes, still after all these years.
Would it not be possible just to remove all the quests from the suburbs? Put a banker there, a mender, some NPC traders, some NPC wandering around and such.... make the door that used to go the small inn room a "gateway" to all the houses someone owns....

I would really love that :).

Escape Goat

A lot of nothing said answers and a lot of no plans to make this happen stuff. It is really depressing to read.
Not any answers I was excited to see but it's been pretty clear from TPTB that any development outside of expansions is a no go. And if they are serious about EQ3 then it doesn't make sense to remake old games when they can just build it into the next. The EQ2 we want to play doesn't exist and it never will. Sunrise, sunset.

Barwyn

Why did you add a ranged items to your Darkpaw Event Vendors for fighters and scouts purchased with Minted Celebration Tokens and not add a ranged item for mages and priests?
If the fine folks at Darkpaw would be kind enough to answer this question. I have been waiting for well over a month, that would be awesome.

Test Taffies

I did not get to attend this but WOW, just wow. So many questions I've sent in via feedback at one time or another were answered. Thank y'all for you time doing this. I would love to see something like this Q & A happen maybe once or twice a year on a regular basis. Pull from feedback, pull form forums. Love it. Thanks so much!

Taled

If the fine folks at Darkpaw would be kind enough to answer this question. I have been waiting for well over a month, that would be awesome.
Like you've been told for the entire month you've been spamming this question; Different camps have different items. Not every fighter has a ranged item they can get without masks.

There's no wary protection item without masks, so fighters ALL have to spend masks on weapons that you don't have to.

The world isn't always fair. Quit spamming about it and wait for the camp that has the item you want.

Alexstrasza

Like you've been told for the entire month you've been spamming this question; Different camps have different items. Not every fighter has a ranged item they can get without masks.

There's no wary protection item without masks, so fighters ALL have to spend masks on weapons that you don't have to.

The world isn't always fair. Quit spamming about it and wait for the camp that has the item you want.
How dare you use common sense.

Hartay

Keeper of the Server Hamsters
If we won't be getting bag increases, I hope they are looking into quickers ways to mass delete items (overseer items specifically -.-). Rather than dragging the items onto the ground and spamming the "destroy" button at lightning speed. Like a button on the bag window to mass select items to delete and give a confirmation prompt of all items selected. Kind of like the reward box, but for deleting. Something like this:
1713056401493.png1713056585961.png
edit: the forum attachment bug seems to be present still.. >.>

Last edited:

Beee

If we won't be getting bag increases, I hope they are looking into quickers ways to mass delete items (overseer items specifically -.-). Rather than dragging the items onto the ground and spamming the "destroy" button at lightning speed. Like a button on the bag window to mass select items to delete and give a confirmation prompt of all items selected. Kind of like the reward box, but for deleting. Something like this:
View attachment 343View attachment 344
edit: the forum attachment bug seems to be present still.. >.>
Getting rid of a lot of overseer things is easy... they just have to make the potions NOT heirloom agin, so they ca be stored in the Roison, Potion, & Totem Depot again ;)

And Overseers should be storeable there too

Kvalme

Getting rid of a lot of overseer things is easy... they just have to make the potions NOT heirloom agin, so they ca be stored in the Roison, Potion, & Totem Depot again ;)

And Overseers should be storeable there too
There are even better solution. They can just introduce negative price! Or at least 0 price and make item sellable by that 0 or negative price.
Let us sell it to Guild Commodities Exporter for -1c! I'll pay even 1g if I can sell useless piece of overseer .....

Taled

There are even better solution. They can just introduce negative price! Or at least 0 price and make item sellable by that 0 or negative price.
Let us sell it to Guild Commodities Exporter for -1c! I'll pay even 1g if I can sell useless piece of overseer .....
They already all sell for 1c...

Barwyn

I'll ask my question more slowly this time. I would love to know why a ranged item was added for fighters and scouts and no item was added at the SAME TIME for priests and mages. This is a simple question for the developers. Unless you are a developer masquerading as a player then this question isn't you to answer.

I asked this question in various different ways with no response. I can guess as any other player can what the rational is or if there are even any plans to add ranged items for us un chosen ones.

It's simple. Why should a priest or a mage have to spend masquerade masks on a ranged item while a fighter/scout doesn't. I have to spend mine on a ranged item while they buy a charm. They buy a second charm while I buy my first. So on.... So on ... So on ...

To the game staff again. Please answer why you did this, and when are you going to fix it or do you plan on fixing it?

Krov

I'll ask my question more slowly this time. I would love to know why a ranged item was added for fighters and scouts and no item was added at the SAME TIME for priests and mages. This is a simple question for the developers. Unless you are a developer masquerading as a player then this question isn't you to answer.

I asked this question in various different ways with no response. I can guess as any other player can what the rational is or if there are even any plans to add ranged items for us un chosen ones.

It's simple. Why should a priest or a mage have to spend masquerade masks on a ranged item while a fighter/scout doesn't. I have to spend mine on a ranged item while they buy a charm. They buy a second charm while I buy my first. So on.... So on ... So on ...

To the game staff again. Please answer why you did this, and when are you going to fix it or do you plan on fixing it?

Not all item progression or character progression is based on the overall arch are equal during the progression faze.

There balanced at the end of the progression curve , not during a majority of the time.

That is why some classes are OP at earlier levels but even out later in the progression arch.

Barwyn

Again you are not a developer. This question is directed to the Devs.

Resolve is literally the difference for a new/returning person that has leveled up to 130 at an amazingly sloooooow pace compared with other xpacs; being able to do H1s, H2s, or H3s at the same rate as fighters and scouts. Having the same slots upgraded with the same resolve gear will let this occur. The mage in particular will not be able to continue to advance as quickly as the fighter/scout.

I would really like to hear from a Dev why they decided to do this and are they going to correct it before the next xpac comes out.

Stop telling me to farm masks. I have plenty of them. How is the person not able to get into an H1 supposed to get any?

More importantly, why are you driving people away. Less people = less groups and raids.

Krov

Resolve is literally the difference for a new/returning person that has leveled up to 130 at an amazingly sloooooow pace compared with other xpacs; being able to do H1s, H2s, or H3s at the same rate as fighters and scouts. Having the same slots upgraded with the same resolve gear will let this occur. The mage in particular will not be able to continue to advance as quickly as the fighter/scout.

I would really like to hear from a Dev why they decided to do this and are they going to correct it before the next xpac comes out.

Stop telling me to farm masks. I have plenty of them. How is the person not able to get into an H1 supposed to get any?

More importantly, why are you driving people away. Less people = less groups and raids.

Good luck getting a dev response ... I sure as hell didn't get one on these forums.

Taled

Why do you think the avatar gear is aimed at getting in to heroic content?