Welcome to Darkpaw Rising!

Angeliana

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Community Team
Developer

Keep an eye on them gnolls.
Before we delve into the lore of this game update, we would like to remind everyone that all characters level 10 and over have access to Darkpaw Rising content, without the need to own the most recent expansion! Whether you’re a quester, tradeskiller, raider, or dungeon runner there is something for everyone in this latest Game Update!

The DirectX 11 API Port is also live as of today. Please be sure to check this article for all the information relating to DirectX. Please report bugs relating to DirectX HERE. Now, let’s jump right into the lore before telling you everything you can explore in this GU.

Just gnolling around in this cave...
A hypnotic gnoll shaman has roused the Sabertooth gnoll clan of Blackburrow into a crazed frenzy. Having come to the burrows from a neighboring land on a holy quest, they claim to have been presented an ancient tome of Chirannis by the spirit of Fippy. The stranger convinced the Sabertooth clan that their destiny lies in uniting with the Splitpaw clan!

Soon after the unification of the Karan gnoll clans under the Darkpaw banner, Qeynos begins to experience a collaborative and unrelenting wave of gnoll attacks! Gnolls can be found burrowing up from newly dug tunnels behind the walls of Qeynos now, and powerful heroes of all skills and talents are being recruited to deal with this, at its source – the Darkpaw dungeons. Within the Darkpaw dungeons our heroes find the presence of a third gnoll clan, the Underpaw gnolls.

Grab your gear, weapons, and like-minded adventurers and help to stop this newly formed gnoll coalition from taking over Qeynos. If you fail, who knows at what point they will stop! The future of Norrath is in your hands.

Darkpaw Rising Trailer
Here is what you can explore and discover in our latest Game Update:
  • 25 New Adventure Quests
  • 25 New Collections
  • Explore the All-New Dungeon Darkpaw Warrens with over 30+ bosses to experience (Not all at once, we aren’t crazy!)
  • Scaled Solo Darkpaw Warrens Dungeon from 10 to 130 - Including access and gear for Varsoon!
  • Scaled Heroic Darkpaw Warrens Dungeon from 10 to 130 - Including access and gear for Varsoon!
  • Level 130 Heroic 2 Dungeon
  • All New Raid - Vaashkaani, Alcazar of Zimara: Sovereign Summons
  • All New Tradeskill Dungeon for level 10+ crafters
  • New Tradeskill Daily Mission
  • New tradeskill merchant with many items, including a new weekly overseer mission.
  • The Shadow Odyssey comes to Season 06 of Overseer
  • Tons of New Achievements
  • The Final Quest in the Ballads of Zimara Heritage Quest Line - Of Duty and Fate

We're waiting on you...
Also, starting today and ending on April 16, 2024, at 7:00 a.m. PDT, we will have the following bonuses running:
  • Double Status for Live/TLE
  • Double currency for Live/TLE
  • Double XP for TLE
Note: The content in Darkpaw Rising is for all characters over level 10 on all servers, including TLE. You do not need to own the prior expansion for Darkpaw Rising!

Join us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.

Last edited:

Evilary

Status is not working right. It says it is giving the bonus to the guild but it does not give the bonus to the player. I tested this with a few items and the Status coins do not give anything extra, the ingots only give the bonus to the guild status but does not double the status for the player.

Ingerimm

Wrong, status ingot's and status tokens and status coin's was the only ones that can be modified by server bonuses.

Check the pic's:

The status items which cannot modified by server bonuses was all other status items, with the exception of this counted 3 type ones.

We also not have received any double coin's "Fragment of Time" from the chrono dungeon missions.
Others also none from other missions.

Last edited:

Terryberry

Thank you Angeliana. I was about to comment that the ingots were also still not working. I'm still holding onto them however just in case things change ;) The hackamores of status work however to boost status from ingots.

Evilary

Just finished the tradeskill mission and daily in the new Darkpaw area. These did not double the status either. It says 100% bonus for guild but does not award personal status at double rate.

Miaga

Is the double currency working? Just completed a solo quest and got 4 coins (2 for the mission double for being a member) if double currency was working it should have been 8 coins? 2 for the mission, double by the event, then double by being a member? Also same happening with the new GU TS currency not being double by the event as well as the Jadeite coins from the crates, so which coins are being doubled?

Evilary

If the status tokens are not meant to double, then that was a dirty deal changing all items in the latest expansion to drop these rather than award the status.

Evilary

Double currency does not seem to be working for tokens or city tokens that I have seen. I haven't paid much attention to gold/plat updates.

Evilary

Below is the log from my character completing the quest. It shows regular status plus my hackamore bonus. Does not show any other bonus to my character. It states my guild receives double but I checked with a calculator before and after and my personal status only went up the 67200 and 58732. It did not double.

(1712696396)[Tue Apr 9 15:59:56 2024] You gain 67200 status plus 58732 status in bonuses!
(1712696396)[Tue Apr 9 15:59:56 2024] Your guild has received 25186 status which includes a 100% server bonus!

Evilary

Below is my logs from another character doing a rush order. No bonus currency listed. Status only mentions bonus on guild side. Did not receive anything extra on the character beyond what the log shows.

(1712694193)[Tue Apr 9 15:23:13 2024] You receive 2 Silver, 88 Copper for completing Faydark and Ashes (Rush Order).
(1712694193)[Tue Apr 9 15:23:13 2024] You gain 2441 tradeskill XP plus 8788 XP from bonuses!
(1712694193)[Tue Apr 9 15:23:13 2024] Your tradeskill level is now 27.
(1712694193)[Tue Apr 9 15:23:13 2024] You receive 12 Silver for completing Faydark and Ashes (Rush Order).
(1712694193)[Tue Apr 9 15:23:13 2024] You gain 1908 status!
(1712694193)[Tue Apr 9 15:23:13 2024] Your guild has received 381 status which includes a 100% server bonus!
(1712694193)[Tue Apr 9 15:23:13 2024] Your faction standing with The Ironforge Exchange got better.

Evilary

That is another thing. The Darkpaw quests start at in Antonica inside the new cave area near the TS station. There is no mail or anything that I found in game to guide you there.

Seems a little lackluster that the game update talks of increased attacks on Qeynos but we only know of it if we read the forums or stumble upon the new area. Main cities need a quest or at the very minimum a mail needs to be sent out.