Shadows Tree AA - Glacial Assault

Sonnenne

In the past, these priest stances made a noticeable change in performance in either direction depending on what you chose to be, a hybrid healer, or pure healing. In current playstyle, there is only one way to play - and these stances don't make a difference. I think it would be a great time to overhaul these abilities across the board to play to the strengths of each class. In this Warden forum, here is Glacial Assault. I will make another thread for Nature's Aura following this.

Would like to see the buff overhauled as such, in its current form the stat gains are extremely obsolete.

Melee Multiplier: 0.15 => 10.5 | I think this is a reasonable amount to go to, as being the "diet" melee healer compared to inquisitor, I think this would bring them closer but not so far behind in auto attack capability
Weapon Damage Bonus: 25 => 400 Weapon Damage Overcap | Same line of thinking with inquisitor, this is slightly lower than Inquisitor's Tenacity, which is even a group buff.
-Heal Amount: 12.5% => Lowers Effectiveness of profession healing abilities by 150 | (As I verified, the -12.5% to heal amount is potency, this currently does nothing with current stat creep. I would like to bring back the idea of actually sacrificing your healing power to do more damage. I do not know if 150 fervor is enough.
Crit Bonus: 10% => 900 Crit Bonus Overcap
Melee Hit Damage Proc: Approximate damage on my toon is around 1/3 to 1/2 of my Smite of Consistency (see below for some damage comparisons). | I suggest multiplying this base value by 30x and make it subject to your new normalize via 3 second trigger event.

Damage Comparisons (Tooltip)

Glacial Assault: 103B - 155B
Smite of Consistency: 292B
Icefall: 1.58T - 1.74T
Primordial Flame: 8.39T - 9.38T

That's my TEDTalk, please give feedback on the numbers. The decrease in fervor to heals is what really matters here, I want it to mean something going down the path of a hybrid dps/healer again.

Rhapsodic

I think lots of these things need to be looked at. Everyone who is not a T1 or a tank has seen their "Stance" buffs slowly become obsolete.

VAXen

I have to agree the 'Stance' buffs are nearly meaningless and should be reformed to create a more meaningful impact on Characters. Before commenting on any actual changes I would like to see some data.

Would it be possible to collect ingame combat statistics for Wardens? Alternatively each Client could collect the statistics to eliminate server load and report Character totals at Character logout. Catch here is the data on the client side would have to be encrypted and/or sanity checked before it could be accepted.

Statistics collected maybe from simple to complex:
  1. Stance count
  2. Solo/Group/Raid count
  3. Character level
  4. Heal/Damage/Buff/Proc count
  5. Heal/Damage/Buff/Proc totals
For (1). Just a simple counter to determine what percentage of time a Warden is in each Stance. At its simplest a time stamp when a Character changes Stance so that elapsed game time can be calculated. Unfortunately this would include non-combat periods. More complex version would be the percentage of combat time a character was in each stance. Complex version may create a higher server load.

For (1) & (2). The simple version would be the Stance Count in Solo/Group/Raid usage. Complex could subdivide Group size i.e. 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

For (1) to (3). How does Stance change with Character level. Simple version would be to subdivide into group ranges e.g. 0-19, 20-39, 40-59, etc. More complex would be smaller groups (e.g. 0-9, 10-19, etc.) down to counters for every Character level.

For (1) to (4). Statistics collected also include the raw count of the number of spells cast broken down into offensive, defensive, etc., spell

For (1) to (5). Include the total points. Given points inflation with Character level a simple total for each Stance would not be useful, the statistics have to be subdivided into Character Level ranges. A massive spreadsheet or statistics database would be required for analysis. The additional load on servers is likely to be significant and probably too high to be implemented.