Feedback Sad / Dislike

GrunEQ

You know, sad and dislike are not the same. Sometimes I'm sad for the person who posted, like the people who feel trapped on a particular server. Sometimes I don't like what the person has to say or I disagree with in some way. To make the default "dislike" button be the "sad" button could be sending the wrong message; so I would like to either change "sad" to a real "dislike" or give a few more choices in response to a post.

Angeliana

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Community Team
Developer
This has been covered in 4 other threads already. There was no thumbs down in the options for a dislike, this was the best option available. We will not have other options to vote other than Like or Dislike.

Taled

This has been covered in 4 other threads already. There was no thumbs down in the options for a dislike, this was the best option available. We will not have other options to vote other than Like or Dislike.
It's so weird they have a wider variety in their 'Smilies' options than you can select for your 'Like' options. Maybe the board programmers were trying to avoid actually having a true 'Dislike', I suppose. (n) for them!

Angeliana

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Community Team
Developer
It's so weird they have a wider variety in their 'Smilies' options than you can select for your 'Like' options. Maybe the board programmers were trying to avoid actually having a true 'Dislike', I suppose. (n) for them!
I will try to work on it some other time when I have more time. There were only a few options for the voting system, "sad" was the most reasonable one for "dislike"/-1.

Taled

I will try to work on it some other time when I have more time. There were only a few options for the voting system, "sad" was the most reasonable one for "dislike"/-1.
Oh, I wasn't suggesting you need to change it! I just think it's weird that they have fewer options for that than they have in general. Seems weird from their end, is all!

Nuhvohk

If they ever add a third option to the Forum reacts, may I suggest :froglok_male: from the Discord

GrunEQ

I guess it's because sad is not dislike that makes it somewhat ambiguous; you can be sad about a post and not dislike it.

Angeliana

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Community Team
Developer
Though I do want to ask. Is there something in the background that the dislike or sad face will change? Like we get trophies for so many likes.
Sad Face/Thumbs down will -1 a post. Thumbs up +1's a post. If I remove the sad face option, then all the downvotes thusfar will be negated, so I have to leave it.

GrunEQ

Sad Face/Thumbs down will -1 a post. Thumbs up +1's a post. If I remove the sad face option, then all the downvotes thusfar will be negated, so I have to leave it.
I really do appreciate the "dislike" button, but sadden to see that "sad" will give a negative to the post; especially when it's not given to dislike but to show empathy. It would be nice if "sad" was considered neutral.

Forestchild

I really do appreciate the "dislike" button, but sadden to see that "sad" will give a negative to the post; especially when it's not given to dislike but to show empathy. It would be nice if "sad" was considered neutral.
Sorry I didn't feel like thumbs downing it, so I gave you a sad face.. HAHAHA!!! love all of ya!!! XOXOXOXO.

Angeliana

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Community Team
Developer
I tried making it neutral, but since it was already in use since the forums went live, it was going to change all the previously used dislikes to neutral. People chose to use it to dislike a post, to change it now would be wrong, especially seeing as how many were already used backend.