Is anyone getting constantly dropped and or stalled during zoning lately?

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

The game over all runs pretty bad. Both in terms of client performance and network connectivity despite the upgrade to DX11 and 64-bit.
Despite or because of? :-/

Granted, I think going to 64-bit didn't hurt even my old Win7 clunker at all (I was mostly 64-bit there by then overall), but this latest! :D greatest! :D DirectX 11 -- stuff -- is taking some getting used to. X-P

Uwk

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

eq2 recent is the name of the file
Hnh! And that's on the uber-layer...hmm. Will have to check that out, when something gacks up again (when, not if...). ;)

Thanks! :)

Uwk
who can't help but think: this sudden shift to DirectX 11 seemed awfully sudden, indeed...why not more notice for us than there was, and how long did the Team actually have to work on it, including on their own machines at home? :-/

Tkia

I don't buy having to wait for the zone to spin up.
You don't have to buy it but it doesn't stop it being so. Instance zones shut down when the last person leaves. Overland zones stay up longer but still shut down after being empty for a while. In your case house and GH are both instanced zones and I'm guessing you're the only one bouncing between them so the one you leave will close behind you.

Twyla

You don't have to buy it but it doesn't stop it being so. Instance zones shut down when the last person leaves. Overland zones stay up longer but still shut down after being empty for a while. In your case house and GH are both instanced zones and I'm guessing you're the only one bouncing between them so the one you leave will close behind you.
Not always the case, it has happened when we've had a lot of members on and most of them in the GH. I go in and wait for server, head to my house or the city, and go back in in under 5 minutes and wait for zone server. And since this has started to be an issue in the last year, I believe the zone is spinning up is a standard response. Oh, and by the way it randomly happens in pretty much every zone.

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

:D I agree, it's so old with so many Band-Aids and little adjustments through the years I'm actually pretty impressed it runs as well as it does.
Meh, they've always "prided" themselves on everyone needing the Latest! Greatest! Most up-to-date equipment possible! :D to play, and reluctant to keep it accessible to those of us who a) don't have an unlimited budget for such, and b) actually LIKE, say, Windows 7 vs. 10, 11, 87, whatever it'll be up to next... X-P

Uwk