Is anyone getting constantly dropped and or stalled during zoning lately?

Kattt

Because I am, and just wondering before I report as a bug. I almost never get this, but past two days it is happening constantly and its maddening.
This time I am getting no high packet loss numbers, or high ping numbers. I just stop getting responses from the server...even when not zoning.
We are talking 8-10 times yesterday, and like 3 or 4 so far today.

Anyone else?

Kattt

Well, I don't want to report this as bug until I am sure, so I am going to see how it goes today/tonight. If its more of the same issues, I will definitely report tonight or tomorrow.
Just hoping if anyone does have them, they can report here, as the more information, the better.

Forestchild

I was crashing to desktop when I would get into a high graphic location, but found that I had a bad PSU, replaced and no more crashes.

On the getting kicked issue, I do sometimes have lag from the servers that will kick me to the login screen. As for the zoning; It takes me forever to zone into my Drunder Guildhall, but I was told that it's because I have a lot of items in the hall, and it has to load assets for the items.

I sometimes have to let some zones (from I also was told from CS) that they have to spin up and load before I enter.

Kattt

No, this isn't those issues. I had those in the past, mostly before the upgrade to 64bit. I am talking I have had NO issues loading to any guild hall, or any zone for months, and then suddenly a large amount of issues in the space of 2 days. One time it happened loading into a hall that had like maybe 10 items set down, and not even up front. But this is not just about zoning.

This is just loading into any simple zone, like Antonica, etc. This is also just being in a zone, no zone loading or zoning, and suddenly the server just loses me. Nothing responds. Again, this just happens while in a zone and without zoning. I will be just moving items around in a house, or be in the bank, or even just walking around and suddenly nothing responds...without zoning at all. This also happens without seeing the packet loss numbers go up, or the ping go up just before, like many servers had like 5-6 months ago from some reported connections between ISPs and DB I read about. This is a concentrated abrupt change in a 48 hour period. No number warnings in ping or packet loss.

Then there are times I am just zoning into any overworld zone and it just stalls and hangs for a long time while zoning. Those did happen from time to time before, but VERY rare. Now it has been much more often, in the space of two days. It happened again tonight, at least 3-4 times with the same above circumstances.

So both issues listed above are happening. (And my machine is nearly new, and has no other issues, and I have checked and rechecked internet, and it was not on my end. All things connected fine, and the wireless showed an unaffected connection.)

I must reiterate, after the 64 bit upgrade, most zoning issues resolved for me. My guild hall no longer crashed me. And other zones no longer did. I have had a zoning load into any zone stall *maybe* like once a month, perhaps twice, that is it. It has been very rare until now.

This is nearing a dozen times in less than 48 hours, and did not always require zoning for the issue to occur.
If it continues, I will report the bug tomorrow.

Kattt

This just happened yet AGAIN. It was about 3:22am pt and I was shiny hunting in vesspyr isles and suddenly nothing would respond. Shiny would not collect, mobs were standing still, though slight movement, broker wouldn't respond, typing in chat would not respond. Nothing. Yet packet loss says ZERO, ping says mid-100's or so, nothing else unusual. No spells work, nada.

I have been standing there for 6 minutes and the server has not even dropped me. Just nothing responds.
It is absurd how much this is happening.

I can load the forums just fine. My online streaming runs just fine. All websites load fine. NEVER had a problem like this before about 48 hours ago.
I am now going to report this as a bug because its getting ridiculous. I will have to force the game shut just to get it going again.

Raeven

Have you validated game assets, to make sure none of your game files are corrupted?

I suspect this has something to do with the change to DX11. Have you verified that your computer AND graphics card both support DX 11_1?
Not just DX12, that does not neccessarily give support for DX 11_1. There were issues on Test when they were testing DX11 there, that even people with newer computers had issues, because their version of Windows and/or their graphics card supported DX12, but not DX11 and/or DX 11_1.

Kattt

Have you validated game assets, to make sure none of your game files are corrupted?

I suspect this has something to do with the change to DX11. Have you verified that your computer AND graphics card both support DX 11_1?
Not just DX12, that does not neccessarily give support for DX 11_1. There were issues on Test when they were testing DX11 there, that even people with newer computers had issues, because their version of Windows and/or their graphics card supported DX12, but not DX11 and/or DX 11_1.

Yes, validated all my assets last night. Posted all my system info when dev asked for regarding the flashing/artifact issues here:
https://forums.everquest2.com/index.php?threads/exp-bar-map-flickering-shimmering.838/
Mind you, I did not have the hotbar flashing issue (not on this machine,) just answered their questions there as they requested... from the other thread where I reported seeing the Nektulos Forest water flashing artifacts.

I even went over the above graphical issue with Darq and other stuff, and confirmed that my version of DirectX covers both 11 and 12.
I have checked everything I could think to check. Checked the other 2 machines to see if they had any connection issues, monitored my wireless, and network activity, checked websites, validated files, and despite seeing those water flashing issues the day after the DirectX update, I did not start having this dropping and stalling issue until a little under 48 hours ago.
It is all SO weird and wild.

MikeBob2023

Because I am, and just wondering before I report as a bug. I almost never get this, but past two days it is happening constantly and its maddening.
This time I am getting no high packet loss numbers, or high ping numbers. I just stop getting responses from the server...even when not zoning.
We are talking 8-10 times yesterday, and like 3 or 4 so far today.

Anyone else?

I'm experiencing this too. I think I spend upwards of an hour a day some days, staring at screens that look like this:

Waiting...jpg

And lately (since that last big update went live) it's been happening much more frequently.

I see 'receiving zone info' and 'waiting for zone server' and the one for 'zone/ui resources' (like the one above), for 1 to 2+ minutes at a time, while the music continues to loop and those 'Did You Know ...' tips keep changing.

I'm getting punted to the character select screen as well (and to my desktop as well, although somewhat less frequently), after many of these extended zoning attempts (which apparently fail), and then need to restart the game.

I've also been getting the "account in use" message (and subsequently kicked from the game) when flipping between toons, and this has been happening a lot more frequently lately too.

Twyla

No, this isn't those issues. I had those in the past, mostly before the upgrade to 64bit. I am talking I have had NO issues loading to any guild hall, or any zone for months, and then suddenly a large amount of issues in the space of 2 days. One time it happened loading into a hall that had like maybe 10 items set down, and not even up front. But this is not just about zoning.

This is just loading into any simple zone, like Antonica, etc. This is also just being in a zone, no zone loading or zoning, and suddenly the server just loses me. Nothing responds. Again, this just happens while in a zone and without zoning. I will be just moving items around in a house, or be in the bank, or even just walking around and suddenly nothing responds...without zoning at all. This also happens without seeing the packet loss numbers go up, or the ping go up just before, like many servers had like 5-6 months ago from some reported connections between ISPs and DB I read about. This is a concentrated abrupt change in a 48 hour period. No number warnings in ping or packet loss.

Then there are times I am just zoning into any overworld zone and it just stalls and hangs for a long time while zoning. Those did happen from time to time before, but VERY rare. Now it has been much more often, in the space of two days. It happened again tonight, at least 3-4 times with the same above circumstances.

So both issues listed above are happening. (And my machine is nearly new, and has no other issues, and I have checked and rechecked internet, and it was not on my end. All things connected fine, and the wireless showed an unaffected connection.)

I must reiterate, after the 64 bit upgrade, most zoning issues resolved for me. My guild hall no longer crashed me. And other zones no longer did. I have had a zoning load into any zone stall *maybe* like once a month, perhaps twice, that is it. It has been very rare until now.

This is nearing a dozen times in less than 48 hours, and did not always require zoning for the issue to occur.
I don't buy having to wait for the zone to spin up. It happens to me A LOT when I go from my house to the GH then back to my house (same one I started in) then back to GH. If it is that it hasn't loaded in a while and needs to do background stuff (spin up) the 5 minutes or less I spend in either place should cover that. I can usually tell when I'm going to get kicked to the login screen when I see 'logging into zone server' for more than 30 seconds, I grab the book I've started keeping by my computer for the waiting for zone server and this very special kick so I have something to do for the 2-5 minutes it takes it to get over itself.

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Not sure if it's actually related, but the other night (well, okay, early morning), after the Big Update, I too was trying to get something accomplished in a zone, to wit: just harvesting Root nodes in The Barren Sky for a quest (the chance to get the Doors recipe book and Tier 7 Advanced recipe books) and had my Eustace familiar up. So, I'd get messages, like You make a bountiful harvest! and You receive [hanging root] (as when your Eustace gets you extras separately), and all the other usual messages...and have NOTHING IN MY BAGS. For minutes at a time. I deliberately /camped to myself; nothing. :confused: Plus, yeah, it was lagging weirdly, with no bad changes to my numbers that I could see with F11 displayed. :-/

I finally went to another zone, where it assured me pulls there would also count (Loping Plains), but since I wasn't high enough level, I didn't have the Find Me a Node Now ability...but at least things were counting again and showing up in my inventory. Went back up to BS (heh ;->) and things got groggy again, but at least it finally started working. :-/

Haven't had that particular weirdness happen again, for which I'm grateful, but since it'd never happened before without warning by the numbers beforehand, I guess I've been put on notice that it could. X-P

The next time it rears its ugly head, I'll try logging all the way out and back in, and see if that helps. :-/

Uwk