EQ2 Origins

Sehenry1010

Well my general thought on this is simple, there may not be krono, but it will change nothing. It will simply be a platcentric market instead of a kroonocentric market. You will have just as many plat sellers, and possibly even more plat farmers. No krono means no flipping it for quick cash, so that means the plat sellers will have to farm more plat in game taking up even more space.

I don't mind no krono at all, but I think people are not understanding that krono itself is not the problem, it is the off site sellers. If they aren't getting their money from flipping krono, now they will get their money farming even more in game. Make no mistake, they will still get their money somehow.

Nuhvohk

Well my general thought on this is simple, there may not be krono, but it will change nothing. It will simply be a platcentric market instead of a kroonocentric market. You will have just as many plat sellers, and possibly even more plat farmers. No krono means no flipping it for quick cash, so that means the plat sellers will have to farm more plat in game taking up even more space.

I don't mind no krono at all, but I think people are not understanding that krono itself is not the problem, it is the off site sellers. If they aren't getting their money from flipping krono, now they will get their money farming even more in game. Make no mistake, they will still get their money somehow.
I agree that plat farmers will still be a problem, but the main issue with Krono is that it's both account-wide and useable in all DBG titles. So you have people come to TLE that otherwise don't care about it (or EQ2 in general) just to farm Krono to take elsewhere. Ideally I would have liked a type of Krono that is exclusive to Origins, but I don't think they have the time or resources to implement that sort of thing.

Last edited:
OMG can we just get off the whole Krono thing already. It's not going to be on Peat Bog, they've already said so and it probably isn't going to change (until cross-faction broker anyway). It'll probably cause a bit of an uptick in plat sellers but oh well, that's just part of the authentic 2006 experience.

Siren

OMG can we just get off the whole Krono thing already. It's not going to be on Peat Bog, they've already said so and it probably isn't going to change (until cross-faction broker anyway). It'll probably cause a bit of an uptick in plat sellers but oh well, that's just part of the authentic 2006 experience.

I love how you called it Peat Bog. That's what so many players on Discord call the new Origins server, too. :love:

So much so that I asked Kander on Discord if the new server could actually be named Peat Bog because so many players want that...and he said no. Boo hoo! Anashti Sul (or whatever it is) is hard to remember, and seems sort of cold and remote. Peat Bog is heartwarming and feels like home.

I love how you called it Peat Bog. That's what so many players on Discord call the new Origins server, too. :love:

So much so that I asked Kander on Discord if the new server could actually be named Peat Bog because so many players want that...and he said no. Boo hoo! Anashti Sul (or whatever it is) is hard to remember, and seems sort of cold and remote. Peat Bog is heartwarming and feels like home.
No matter what "the man" calls it, it'll always be Peat Bog in our hearts, and that's what matters.

Nuhvohk

whispers "Kronooooo" softly