EQ2 Origins

Catcher966

From the response stating that this will not be affected by live in any way because its own patcher...

I urge the Devs to prevent use of Krono on this server. This indeed has drastic impacts on the server. If indeed we want to keep it separate this SHALL not be available in addition to any marketplace items. Krono will kill the server. Cosmetics and anything else in the marketplace kills the immersion.

I also have the opinion that a second server for pvp would be nice. Like others have said, if it dies migrate players to the other server and keep that going. PVP with old stats looks much different than the basic stats in live. Old stats made people choose if they wanted to be a hard hitting SK or a tanky SK for example. Just my two cents.

- Amop (Old school Naggy)

Venser

The "Devs" do not control Krono implementation... It's straight from the company, it's overhead and it is likely not going anywhere. I suppose a proposal to have it not enabled could be done by the devs, but I would put this request as highly unlikely to change. I am all for no Krono however...

Jovie

From the response stating that this will not be affected by live in any way because its own patcher...

I urge the Devs to prevent use of Krono on this server. This indeed has drastic impacts on the server. If indeed we want to keep it separate this SHALL not be available in addition to any marketplace items. Krono will kill the server. Cosmetics and anything else in the marketplace kills the immersion.

I also have the opinion that a second server for pvp would be nice. Like others have said, if it dies migrate players to the other server and keep that going. PVP with old stats looks much different than the basic stats in live. Old stats made people choose if they wanted to be a hard hitting SK or a tanky SK for example. Just my two cents.

Krono is already not available to be traded or sold on the new server.

Nuhvohk

I see alot of tickets in there future , Il trade you krono on x server for loot here .... or well the return of paypal .
Depending on what's available in that "limited Marketplace", gifted Marketplace items might end up becoming the new RMT proxy currency.

GBlack

Not a great idea. They just moved krono trade out of legal territory, but it won't stop it. And for those who claim "it's not authentic" - shop is not authentic either.

Well, Krono can't be used as a bargaining chip on Origins now. No Krono on Origins (But obviously if you consume it on a live server to extend your account's sub you can still play on Origins).

Guess talking about it as much as we did in the speculation topic may have helped some lol.

MrDragon

As somebody who quit the game back during DoV and is coming back specifically for the new Origins server can somebody explain to me what the hell Krono is and why everybody wants to burn it to the ground? Not trolling, genuinely curious as it didn't exist back when I played.

Vlahkmaak

As somebody who quit the game back during DoV and is coming back specifically for the new Origins server can somebody explain to me what the hell Krono is and why everybody wants to burn it to the ground? Not trolling, genuinely curious as it didn't exist back when I played.
It is a digital currency sold by Daybreak = 1 mo subscription. In EQ and EQ2 it can be used as in game currency to buy items from other players and/or sold on certain websites for actual money. Due to a severe PP dupe in EQ the krono market was severely inflated as some bad actors used duped PP to slowly buy a ton of kronos. Those Krono hurt the EQ servers - not sure how bad it hurt the EQ2 servers as it is not used as much here as it is there - mainly due to smaller population sizes - but Krono is prob universally hated by the larger part of the Daybreak community.

Spectre

I urge the Devs to prevent use of Krono on this server. This indeed has drastic impacts on the server. If indeed we want to keep it separate this SHALL not be available in addition to any marketplace items. Krono will kill the server. Cosmetics and anything else in the marketplace kills the immersion. EQ2 is a business. Kronos will remain.

Krov

Well, Krono can't be used as a bargaining chip on Origins now. No Krono on Origins (But obviously if you consume it on a live server to extend your account's sub you can still play on Origins).

Guess talking about it as much as we did in the speculation topic may have helped some lol.
It just moved off the server or it will become paypal ... Il trade you a krono for a item here on xx server.

I can see a lot of people getting scammed.

Oblivian

This is gonna be comical at best hehe , all the babies whining about Kronos , as if its the down fall of man . No cash transactions , no krono oh this is Brillant , where is the profits coming from > you logging in ???? not from all the 80 thousand lifetime subs ? no wait i know from all the market place items , hmmm nope . Well guess we will just have to see . i do believe ppl are gonna get an eye opening revelation , that DBG does what the very very minimal of ideas want , and the population of that server will prove that is the wrong way to go as it has on KD server and the great hope server (PVP) that was said to be the end of TLE servers as said the ( Minimal ) crowd . Good Luck with this train wreck when the population is so low those same babies start cryin and demand change of the server the same one they didn't want change to lol oh man you cant make this stuff up . good job DBG as always .