Wood elf to Vampire

Celestia

I wrote a story a while back that had to do with a wood elf being blinded by rage and decided to join the vampires, and he was turned.

SO, my question, if you lore seekers choose to accept it, is this: Is there a way I can write a sequel that would make said wood elf turned vamp, be able to see the light and redeem himself?

Like, maybe he could never be allowed in Gfay again, but like, he could be a wanderer that leaves the vampires and decided to seek redemption. right? Whether he had to be in Freeport or Neriak for a while just to play it safe, and then later leaves there too, and goes back to Kelethin?

Or do Mistmoore vamps lose what soul they might have had left, etc?

Cusashorn

Depends on who your master is that converted you into a vampire. You become loyal to them for converting you. There have been cases of thralls turning on their masters, but that just leaves them to fend for themselves.

A better roleplay option is to take the Freeblood route. The Freebloods as a collective race are humans and elves who were forcibly converted, but managed to escape before the process was completed. Now they can live in the sunlight, but they still need blood to survive. The Qeynos Freeblood timeline actually addresses these social issues of getting other people to accept and accomodate them while quelling the fear.

Celestia

The problem is that he chose to become a vampire. I guess I could say that he was forced and they just thought he chose it.

I think I can work with that Freeblood idea though. Thanks!

Cusashorn

The problem is that he chose to become a vampire. I guess I could say that he was forced and they just thought he chose it.

I think I can work with that Freeblood idea though. Thanks!

Even by choice, vampires have a heirarchy. A master who turns their underlings, who in turn can also turn their own underlings. Mayong Mistmoore is the most powerful vampire on Norrath, and many of his lords and counts who hold influence over the Loping Plains all have their own vampires who work for them.

Your choice to turn means you have to have a master who converted you.