Why can't I buy (or even see) a BoZ gear crate?

Raeven

I have been told that the currency merchant, Kaarash, in Sanctuary sells gear crates for Zimaran Ballads.

The only BoZ quest achievements I have not completed are the collections ones. So I have done sig line, all side, dropped and POI quests. I have 885 Zimaran Ballads in currency, and the resolve on the character I am trying to buy a gear crate with is 9710.

So why can I not buy, or even see, Kaarash selling a gear crate?

I am getting very frustrated with this, so I hope someone has an answer.

Raeven

Because he does not sell gear crates, however at 1875 ballads you can buy the flawless buff which it sounds like you don't have
I do have the buff. So the information I got in game is incorrect? Someone told me they were buying Tier III crates that had 455 resolve gear in it. They even linked the crate, it had Heartsurge gear, the same you get for doing the Aether Wroughtlands daily quest. The person stated their resolve was about 50 less than mine, so I had hoped I could buy a crate with 460 resolve gear.

Velenora

you can't buy crates with 460 resolve gear, sorry sounds like you got trolled and he just linked the weekly crate to you

Edit: I stand corrected on this

Last edited:

Taled

1712263172727.png

Actually, you very much CAN buy gear crates from the currency merchant. There are crates from 455R to 480R, currently. 455R crate (Crate 3) requires the achievement for clearing H1 zones I believe; 460R crate (Crate 4) requires the H2 clear I believe; 470R crate (Crate 5) requires the H3 clear for sure; 480R crate (Crate 6) requires clearing the T1 raid mobs, and takes 100 raid currency. (Stratus Solidus)

Raeven

View attachment 201

Actually, you very much CAN buy gear crates from the currency merchant. There are crates from 455R to 480R, currently. 455R crate (Crate 3) requires the achievement for clearing H1 zones I believe; 460R crate (Crate 4) requires the H2 clear I believe; 470R crate (Crate 5) requires the H3 clear for sure; 480R crate (Crate 6) requires clearing the T1 raid mobs, and takes 100 raid currency. (Stratus Solidus)
Thank you for this info. So, like many things in the game, by the time you CAN buy them, you don't need them.