What was the most fun?

Celestia

Back in the day, like 2005, I remember running through Anek forest with my ex and some friends. They had all decided to betray from Freeport to Qeynos. It was very tough navigating through there with the high level bats and stuff, and once I finally got them through the forest, we had to fight 500 gnolls in Antonica to prove they were really wanting to betray. (The original betrayal quest was exhausting 😂) Even with killing the Gnolls we were also fighting our way through beetles too. It was hilarious hearing my friend Sparky scream like a little girl.

We also did pvp when it first came out. I remember a ton of us attacking Qeynos (we were evil that time) and laughing at all the people we killed, but then this level like 50 player came out the gate and butchered us all. 😂

There was another time when the group I met in game went role playing into New Tunaria.

All very good memories.

Pixistik

Don't like it? You're not alone!
Battlegrounds, was the most fun I have ever had in an online game.
I killed so many people
All except for this one assassin, Aggy I think, he was one of the best players I ever went toe to toe with, he usually bested me, and a zerker, cant remember his name, we would go round and round giving it all for a win match after match. I have the utmost respect for all the people who made it so much fun.
but also
I killed so many people

ZUES

The most fun I had in EQ2 was placing Landmark and EQ3 flags in our guild hall. When it was announced that there would be an EverQuest 3 everyone had a pep in their step. Morale was high. Everyone was in a good mood. It was the vibe that made the game fun again.

Kenn

Battlegrounds, was the most fun I have ever had in an online game.
I killed so many people
All except for this one assassin, Aggy I think, he was one of the best players I ever went toe to toe with, he usually bested me, and a zerker, cant remember his name, we would go round and round giving it all for a win match after match. I have the utmost respect for all the people who made it so much fun.
but also
I killed so many people
Have you tried any shooter games like Doom or Overwatch? Battlegrounds kind of felt like a shooter game to me.

Kenn

The most fun I had in EQ2 was placing Landmark and EQ3 flags in our guild hall. When it was announced that there would be an EverQuest 3 everyone had a pep in their step. Morale was high. Everyone was in a good mood. It was the vibe that made the game fun again.
I was in that boat too and played Landmark until it was taken down. I was soo amazed at what player built, some of the things didn't seem possible. Had to screenshot this one.Screenshot_20240502-201909-194.png

Reverielle

Shared experience with friends/like-minded is what I find the most enjoyable. Meeting one friend immediately comes to mind:

On Runnyeye server I had no idea what I was doing. It was my first MMO. I had no sense at all of what an MMO was, or what to expect. My first time in Oakmyst Forest another player asked if I wanted to group with them. Sure, sounds fun I thought. They soon asked if I was female, then asked if I was a virgin, then asked other things I won't repeat. I left their group (when I eventually figured out how). Perhaps MMOs aren't for me I thought.

A little while later I returned to kill frogs in Oakmyst Forest for frogs legs for a cooking quest in Castleview Hamlet. I cautiously introduced myself to a wood elf there who seemed to be doing a similar thing. We killed them together for a while, then went to the Peat Bog after having no luck. Then, luckless still, returned to Oakmyst. Eventually, thankfully, another player asked what we were doing (must have seen us there for quite some time, as we were). We told them. They kindly showed us where we could find schools of fish (literally right next to the frogs), and that you fish or gather for cooking ingredients. Of course we fished up some legs practically right away. We were very thankful and had a good laugh. Perhaps I'll give this MMO thing a bit more of a go after all. I wrote their name down in my diary.

I met a few other adventurers here and there in passing, but wanted to find my Frog-leg friend again, though had no real idea how to. All I remembered was they were a wood elf, so I started hanging out in the Willow Wood. I remember that I thought it was a busy place compared to Castleview Hamlet. I finally saw their name in the crowd there, a couple of days later. They were pleased I found them (or so they said!). They took me to the caves, and we had a lot of fun questing and exploring, though what I remember most is us running in terror from Slaverjaw. There was also a really scary ghost-gnoll on the higher level, we had a quest for him but he was impossible for us to kill. I didn't matter though, a lot of fun was had and we said we'd both make an effort to keep in touch.

Which we did. We basically spent the next couple of years adventuring together whenever we were online at the same time, neither of us having a much of a clue what we were doing (arguably I still don't), but always having fun doing it.

Pixistik

Don't like it? You're not alone!
Have you tried any shooter games like Doom or Overwatch? Battlegrounds kind of felt like a shooter game to me.
I've tried many other games, havent found one yet that I enjoyed as much as this one. It has just enough good things to outweigh the stuff I dont like or care about.
To me the decline of quality/fun was diminished when planes of power was released and again by removing BGs, the proving ground stuff that was supposed to be better was garbage as far as I am concerned, the forced questing to gain any meaningful xp was a huge step in the wrong direction, but thats a different subject altogether.
The base game and everything up to EoF has been what I consider to be quality enough entertainment to keep me.
There are many many different ways to play the game, that variety keeps it just good enough

Circadian

For me, it was the people. I miss grouping and raiding with the good friends I made in EQ2. It's not the same anymore without them. I just do the solo content until I've done it all and then quit until another expansion launches.

GrunEQ

For me it was grouping to do dungeons, even standing around at the entrance waiting for enough people to do a run *thinking Over Realm* Back when there was no meter to start excluding people, we just had fun even if we died and did it again. Guess it was the time of tank and spank but it was fun and a lot of times the rewards were an upgrade (not always).

I will add, in any game, the most fun you will ever have is at the beginning when everyone is mostly the same level; you never get that back again.

BabyAngel

I was on a PVP server and I had a lot of fun by being unkillable. I was a level 62 wizard, and I could kill level 80s with a combination of ice comet and manaburn etc,It annoyed people on the server so much that they formed lil gangs to try take me down. I had a lot of AGI and there melee would miss, it was just all around silly.

Battlegrounds was great fun too, I enjoyed those times.

The other times I enjoyed was when everyone would greet me when I logged in on Qeynos side, and folks on our side using my guild as a neutral zone when leaving/joining other guilds. My guild was called Hugs Bears Chocolate. And its still there on skyfire somewhere. being held by an alt.

I also enjoyed the shard of love release.

In more recent times, I am having fun looking around older zones again. I am a bit sad my favorite characters are trapped on the Isle of Refuge server... but I had an old level 80 raider I was able to put onto Halls of Fate to play with a friend, and so I have been enjoying that.

Ask a weaponsmith to make me an item to make me another one. That was crazy
I remember those sub combines. I found an old screenshot where the cooking pot was bugged. It turned out up side down. I believe I'm doing some kind of sub combine here as this is not in the game atm.

Attachments

• tradeskill.JPG
    tradeskill.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 4

DENSER

😊
Hehe yes, we didn't understand anything, there was never the right log maker.
Finally for me it was the very beginning of eq2, of mmo in general and I admit that I found it frustrating to be stuck in my craft. But nostalgia