[Troubador] [Discussion] Personal Stats (Is it just me...)

Proto12

...or is it relatively pointless to invest in min/maxing my bard? Given how low our personal dps potential is, the difference in our effectiveness between casual mount/merc/familiar/adorns and fully loaded stuff (even infusions) is minuscule, compared to the difference between those two states on any other class. As it is, the only meaningful thing our personal stats seem to affect is the damage proc on JCap, PoM, and Mellody of Affliction - the latter of which is effectively our only dps spell that isn't even reset by RU.
It would be neat if there was some way that the value of the stats on our buffs scaled with our personal stats, even if it was extremely small. At least then I would feel some drive to progress anything on the toon besides resolve and spell levels.
...Does anyone else feel the same way I do about their bards atm?

Igochan

It is true that for a bard it is not worth having the raid team. Our DPS is the lowest by far, and we are only wanted for buffs. Healers need stats for healing, T1/T2 for dps, but we are in a new category: buff/debuff bots. It's very unfortunate, but that's the way it is. In any case, I try to be well-equipped in case some developer wakes up and realizes how they have left the bards.

Rhapsodic

So actually our dps is not in the worst state its ever been, it just all comes from Procs like Flametongue... so we are actually more of PROC/Buff bots (because our debuffs are next to meaningless).

I have posted meaningful changes to our Buffs and Debuffs... our CAs and spells are just totally unsalvagable at this point. Like they would need 2-3x the damage to even make it to 2% of our parses.

Proto12

There's definitely a lot that would need to be done to make skillful bard playing meaningful again. As far as being a proc bot, I'm not sure that being a bard makes us any better at that than anyone else :LOL:. Our dps is just so low that everyone happens to notice those procs in our parse breakdowns. It's also rather unfortunate that 90% of our value is held in such a small number of spells. For the troub, you basically just need to put UT on the Lock (or whoever your best dps in group is), maintain JCap on 2 targets, and use Mindful Melody on cooldown and you're giving/performing about 80% of your max contribution...kind of disheartening, but that's how it feels atm. Now with that said, there's of course still room for skill - timing bladedance (and coordinating with the group), timing run speed and cast-while-moving effects, keep all of our buffs and debuffs up 100% of the time or as close to it as possible, etcetc, but the impact of those actions is far less substantial than they once were. At the very least I would like to see Victorious Concerto return to glory - make it maybe as strong as coercer's mimic is atm.

Regardless though, my original lament was about the fact that increasing our personal stats has extremely little impact on our performance (mainly, the effectiveness of our buffs). Even if just JCap and Mindful Melody scaled with cb and fervor, that would make gearing and min/maxing the troub engaging, or motivating again. As it stands now though, I've just found very little need or reason to do it, and I've been waaaay better served using all of my valuable resources (mount/merc/familiar levels ups, high value adorns, time reducers, etc) on my dps alt(s), even though I wouldn't consider them my main toons atm.

Last edited: