TLE: Prayer of Healing

Maergoth

Hello, overrated Paladin here.

On TLE, every expac, Prayer of Healing is filling an unintended role. It gets aggressively worse when a percentage of max health ward is added to it.

This ability should not be able to replace a healer, let alone (sometimes) two healers.

With that said, Paladin desperately needs defensive group utility, especially in harder content. Guardian has two extremely powerful tools to assist in group survivability at that stage of the game. Paladin has Prayer of Healing. Without preserving the ward element as a group SAVE, the class simply should not be used in the MT group.

Current: 9s Recast, 15 second duration
Suggestion: 40 second recast, 10 second duration, double the flat heal amount, touch nothing else.

This would effectively prevent someone from using it on cooldown, neutering its output potential over long periods of time, bringing it in line with the other paladin heals in terms of frequency of use. It gives you an ability that you can use for every aoe or every other AOE, depending how much you invest in reuse and the recast of the AOEs, and still requires you pay attention to WHEN you use it, especially on fights with multiple AOEs. Also knocks the Paladin max health down a peg, since they can't permanently maintain the max hp buff, which people also complain about.

There will be suggestions to gut the ability entirely, but given the altered states of many other TLE abilities, the "non-classic" nature of this one has to stay to some extent. The above suggestion is probably the easiest fix, but if "Ward too strong!" is still being yelled, could also have the TSO AA crank up the max health on the group buff by a percentage of the paladin's max health. Then it isn't technically a ward and still functions similarly.

The other Paladin heals should probably have their direct healing buffed, since they're somehow worse than they were in original classic content (They gained reuse when they became percentage based, and never lost the reuse when they lost being percentage based), and spamming group heal in vanilla and DoF is 90% of Paladin healing, which will be no longer possible.

Last edited:

Liberal

I think tuning the spell down to its actual tooltip value would be a good starting point.

It says it's 5% of the paladins health points converted into a ward for the group, it is actually 9.9% for T8, and 10.8% with T9 because it scales up .9% with each tier.

I think Paladins are in a really good place on this server, on the previous TLE's they lacked defensive abilities and health point pools to counter the tools that other tanks had - this was mitigated with blessing, stonewall/divine aura reuse reductions.

The class still lacks in other areas compared to other tanks, f.e. damage, and snaps - yet excels in taking actual damage similar to a Guardian. I think requiring your raid to run a meta and not have class options is poor design. With the recent changes to paladin, we finally have an alternative and one that isn't a complete copy/paste.

I believe the class is well balanced with the exception of this ward.

Nata

The issue with the heal is its reuse time is way too low AND that it puts a ward on each group member of roughly 10% of the paladin's health.

This makes Paladin's the best healer on TLE, I'm surprised defilers aren't in here complaining.

It should be a longer reuse, and it should be a shared health pool. This fixes the problem.