Not A Bug [Thurgadin] Incomplete display of the quest information

Solemio

Hello everyone,
I would like to show how info of the quest is displayed in the Quest Journal in the game and completely different on the website u.eq2wire.com
The quest name: Of Duty and Fate: Closing the Loop
Category: Heritage
I see only 2 points in my journal in the game. My raid-friends have absolutely the same thing in the game.

2024-04-30_00-34-17.png

2024-04-30_00-46-34.png

Please fix it.
Thanks in advance!

Kaitheel

EQ2 Dev -Live events, Lore & Quests
Staff member
Developer
Ah, now I can see your first image!

Somehow it looks like EQ2U thinks that you've completed the third step but you have yet to complete step 2. As these quest steps must be done in order, I am not sure why EQ2U would think you have already done step 3. The EQ2 quest journal in-game only shows the current steps you can get updates for.

~ Kaitheel

Last edited:

Solemio

Somehow it looks like EQ2U thinks that you've completed the third step but you have yet to complete step 2. As these quest steps must be done in order, I am not sure why EQ2U would think you have already done step 3. The EQ2 quest journal in-game only shows the current steps you can get updates for.

~ Kaitheel
Yes, it’s strange, I don’t see both of my screenshots either. Sometimes I see the first one, other times the second one.
However, this doesn't give an understanding of a difference between the Quest Journal in the game and on u.eq2wire.com. There's a mistake somewhere.

Taled

Yes, it’s strange, I don’t see both of my screenshots either. Sometimes I see the first one, other times the second one.
However, this doesn't give an understanding of a difference between the Quest Journal in the game and on u.eq2wire.com. There's a mistake somewhere.
Yes - EQ2U (And likely Census) is reporting the wrong data; You haven't completed the second step of the quest, but it's saying you've completed the third.

That second step hasn't been completed by anyone in game yet.

Nodlef

~ Kaitheel
EQ2U deviates slightly from in game behavior in that once you open a quest stage, all the branches are visible. I really have no way to handle branches that are predicted by the completion of prior branches.

As for this specific quest, EQ2U is not handling this correctly at all. Census clearly shows the character on the branch "I must discover a way to shield myself from the magic within the sovereign's hold". I don't have any ID numbers but as it's the second Branch out of three consecutive branches with a Max quota of 0 (it's not a branch like kill 10 rats but a simple completion) I should not be showing the third one as complete. I will look into this today!

I rarely read these forums, but I thoroughly appreciate bug reports submitted through the eq2u website or through our discord. We don't bite I promise! Thank you kaitheel for looking into this. It's our bug!