Tenacity: Add autoattack baseline buff

Chath

Inquisitors, channelers, and dirges are meant to strongly boost autoattack, but autoattack has an issue where it can switch from meaningless to incredibly good in the blink of an eye based on stacking. I think what would be healthy for these three classes is if they each had a buff where based on a resolve comparison between the buffer (inquisitor, channeler, or dirge) and the highest resolve enemy in a combat, they provide some baseline autoattack stats to everyone who doesn't meet that threshold. The goal should be that if the caster is equal resolve to an enemy, they should raise each autoattack stat (dps mod, flurry, flurry mult, melee multiplier, wdb/wdb overcap) to a floor value if their group member is below that so that a typical t1 dps class would do, say, around 5% of their overall damage as autoattack, and if the caster is higher resolve, then it would increase proportionally. Ideally this would mean groups would have significant autoattack damage as a baseline without introducing abuse cases where autoattack damage could take off like a rocket, because it would just be raising group members to minimum floor values if they're below it.

Assuming npcs have stat packages that debuff autoattack stats, I was thinking that the values granted as the minimum/floor values would be derived from that, where the resolve comparison between the inquisitor and the npc would represent the percentage of those values used as the granted floor value. For example, say an npc with 9800 resolve debuffed 100 flurry, 1000 dps mod, 20 melee multiplier, 2000 wdb, and 10 flurry mult. If the inquisitor was 50 resolve under the npc, they would grant 50% of any of those values to a player who had less than it, while not changing a given value if a player was above it (example, a player with 10 flurry, 200 dps mod, and 30 melee muliplier would go to 50 flurry and 500 dps mod but their melee mult would remain unchanged). If the inquisitor matched the npc, they'd grant 100% of the value. If they were +100 resolve over, they'd grant double those values as their minimums. And so on, probably with some eventual maximum resolve difference. Percentages given above are all pretty loose examples since it's hard for me to estimate what they should be without knowing how mob mitigation works, but the goal is to provide some autoattack baseline to players whenever they're grouped with a class based on boosting autoattack.

Last edited:

Miaga

As nice as it would be to link stats to resolve I'm not sure that could be done without a lot of work really, it's a good idea but in practice I feel it would get really complex and potentially introduce lag as it trys to work out what stats should be improved and by how much, now considering stats change dramatically during combat it's a lot of checks to change the buff constantly.

It's difficult with all buffs as people always want the buffs to get bigger as you level which then leads to stat inflation.

I would like to see inquisitors get a good buff to auto attack bringing in an increase to dps mod, melee multiplier, flurry, flurry multiplier, wdb in good numbers (if a t5 raid mob has 400 flurry avoidance then the inquisitors buff should be around 200, not enough to be over the avoidance but a good boost).

I reckon a group buff providing something like 750-1000 dps mod, 200-250 flurry, 20-30 flurry multiplier, 25-35 melee multiplier, 500-750 wdb(and overcap) this could be a bit high but would provide a good increase to the inquisitors own auto dps and it's grps auto attack dps.

Chath

I agree it's a fairly complex proposal, but I figure if people like it, we'd just see what Caith would estimate for its implementation time. If it'd be a huge things to do (like a several hour estimate), we probably wouldn't go forward at that point because I think we'd all agree that inquisitors could use a lot of changes beyond this.