Shared rogue debuff - Change of Engagement Heroic AA

Samo

This skill currently increases all damage done to target by 4% (when flanking or behind). Originally it was a health debuff, which some of you may remember was pretty amazing. This buff has lost some of its appeal with the current landscape of other class debuffs (assassin's Tracing Wound II for example, is 8% at ancient).

To make this AA special again, I suggest adding a combat mit debuff component. I have no idea what would be appropriate as a value, but I feel it should be significant. And should it stack? That would create an interesting tradeoff for more rogues in raid vs T1s. This change would add value to rogues in a form that doesn't require DPS improvements.

If you support this idea, what would be an appropriate amount of debuff? I'll update this post with the general consensus. Without knowing exactly how combat mit works, I'm operating on the assumption that 1 point of combat mit roughly equates to 1 point of potency, and equivalent amounts of CB, fervour and abmod. With that mind, we can use the example of a warlock providing their group 50k in potency, very roughly equivalent to a 10% damage increase for their group (1.5m avg player potency - 1m mob cmit = 500m effective pot). So we need to at least match a raid wide increase of 2.5%, preferably by a noticeable amount, say 5%. Naively, a 25k combat mit debuff should achieve this for the potency component by giving everyone a 5% boost to their effective potency, but that does not include the other components. From my own observations, this does seem to be the most significant component along with CB. So I'd start the discussion with a value of 15k debuff. Please check my math and assumptions and provide your feedback below, and I'll update the following when we're done:

Summary: add 15k combat mitigation to the AA.