Shadows Tree AA - Ravenous Protector

Sonnenne

In the past, these priest stances made a noticeable change in performance in either direction depending on what you chose to be, a hybrid healer, or pure healing. In current playstyle, there is only one way to play - and these stances don't make a difference. I think it would be a great time to overhaul these abilities across the board to play to the strengths of each class. From the other threads I've made/will make, please give feedback on the numbers.

Would like to see the buff overhauled as such, in its current form the stat gains are extremely obsolete.

Ravenous Protector Pet Buff: 20 Crit Chance / 216.3 Crit Bonus => 1000 Crit Bonus Overcap / 800 Crit Bonus
-Cast Time of Hostile Spells: 15% => Remove, obsolete
+Damage of spells and combat arts: 10% Potency => 150 effectiveness to hostile profession abilities
+Crit bonus of hostile spells and combat arts: 5% => Remove
+Casting time of beneficial spells: 15% => Remove
-Heals and Wards: 10% potency => Lowers effectiveness of profession healing abilities by 150 | This currently does nothing with current stat creep. I would like to bring back the idea of actually sacrificing your healing power to do more damage.

Looking to discuss the current state/future of both the defiler and mystic pets. Is this worth looking at? Do we care if Dogdog can dps? Should he be utility only?

Bentenn

In the past, these priest stances made a noticeable change in performance in either direction depending on what you chose to be, a hybrid healer, or pure healing. In current playstyle, there is only one way to play - and these stances don't make a difference. I think it would be a great time to overhaul these abilities across the board to play to the strengths of each class. From the other threads I've made/will make, please give feedback on the numbers.

Would like to see the buff overhauled as such, in its current form the stat gains are extremely obsolete.

Ravenous Protector Pet Buff: 20 Crit Chance / 216.3 Crit Bonus => 1000 Crit Bonus Overcap / 800 Crit Bonus
+Damage of spells and combat arts: 10% Potency => 150 effectiveness to hostile profession abilities
+Casting time of beneficial spells: 15% => Remove
-Heals and Wards: 10% potency => Lowers effectiveness of profession healing abilities by 150 | This currently does nothing with current stat creep. I would like to bring back the idea of actually sacrificing your healing power to do more damage.

Looking to discuss the current state/future of both the defiler and mystic pets. Is this worth looking at? Do we care if Dogdog can dps? Should he be utility only?
The Idea of Sacrificing healing power for DPS boost is great.
The +casting time of beneficial spells is not something you would want to remove then. If you're sacrificing healing power for DPS boost, then that would be a sacrifice. Say a heal takes 2 secs to cast, double it. Double all beneficial spell casts from base, not with 100% Reuse.
I think the heals/wards effectiveness being lowered while being in this stance is a good thought as well.

I think you're a little high on the CB/CBOC as it's a buff, not a piece of gear and being as how well shaman heal already, this would just completely wipe that icing all over the cake.

Overall I think some of the things you mentioned are good and some aren't, but how about the healing buff then. How do you overall that one if your overhauling the dps one?

Sonnenne

The Idea of Sacrificing healing power for DPS boost is great.
The +casting time of beneficial spells is not something you would want to remove then. If you're sacrificing healing power for DPS boost, then that would be a sacrifice. Say a heal takes 2 secs to cast, double it. Double all beneficial spell casts from base, not with 100% Reuse.
I think the heals/wards effectiveness being lowered while being in this stance is a good thought as well.

I think you're a little high on the CB/CBOC as it's a buff, not a piece of gear and being as how well shaman heal already, this would just completely wipe that icing all over the cake.

Overall I think some of the things you mentioned are good and some aren't, but how about the healing buff then. How do you overall that one if your overhauling the dps one?

In its current form the +/- casting (or reuse) is just simply a negative to your actual casting or reuse speed stat. You could get around this particular cast just by having 115 casting speed. I would definitely advocate a more strict modifier to casting/reuse of heals. Doubling it may be to egregious. You still want to heal when hybrid-ing - too long cast times would throw off the rhythm imo.

I respectfully disagree on the CB and CBOC, those numbers are still less than that of a current piece of gear (and we'd need to think about the future as well), but when we're talking about adding 1000 CB to an ever-growing pool of what is it now.. 45-49k CB an average skilled raider is seeing right now? I say it's just the right amount of icing.

I had to leave for a few days, I have a thread for the mystic healing stance incoming soon.

Sonnenne

Update to original post:

Ravenous Protector Pet Buff: 20 Crit Chance / 216.3 Crit Bonus => Remove, ADD 1000 Crit Bonus Overcap / 800 Crit Bonus to Mystic
+Casting time of beneficial spells: 15% => Increases Base Reuse & Casting Speed (bypasses actual Reuse and Casting stats) of healing profession abilities by 20%
-Heals and Wards: 10% potency => Lowers effectiveness of profession healing abilities by 150

Edit: meant for "beneficial" profession abilities by 20% to be "healing" profession abilities in Line 4

Last edited:

Bentenn

In its current form the +/- casting (or reuse) is just simply a negative to your actual casting or reuse speed stat. You could get around this particular cast just by having 115 casting speed. I would definitely advocate a more strict modifier to casting/reuse of heals. Doubling it may be to egregious. You still want to heal when hybrid-ing - too long cast times would throw off the rhythm imo.

I respectfully disagree on the CB and CBOC, those numbers are still less than that of a current piece of gear (and we'd need to think about the future as well), but when we're talking about adding 1000 CB to an ever-growing pool of what is it now.. 45-49k CB an average skilled raider is seeing right now? I say it's just the right amount of icing.

I had to leave for a few days, I have a thread for the mystic healing stance incoming soon.
You already give so much being able to give so much with ancestral bolster and bolster... it's the reason almost every raid force has 4 mystics in raid and some carry a few more for reasons lol...I get you disagree with the CB/CBOC but to give what you would ask would just be way to OP for an already OP healer and yes, I play 2 mystics in different raids.

Sonnenne

You already give so much being able to give so much with ancestral bolster and bolster... it's the reason almost every raid force has 4 mystics in raid and some carry a few more for reasons lol...I get you disagree with the CB/CBOC but to give what you would ask would just be way to OP for an already OP healer and yes, I play 2 mystics in different raids.
I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying or what point this is directed at in specific.

I also don't understand why you think this or that is too "OP". This is a personal buff, and at its root it should sacrifice healing power and rhythm via casting and reuse debuffs to heals (" ") for more personal dps. That's it. That's where it ends. The numbers I asked for is not going to make mystics hang with chanters on the parse.

(again, the number I proposed is arbitrary, I don't know if losing 150 effectiveness to all heals and wards will actually do something given chaotic leech, but it SHOULD be a debuff high enough to make an impact.)

And thank you, I am glad to know you played 2 mystics in different raids.

Chath

Update to original post:

Ravenous Protector Pet Buff: 20 Crit Chance / 216.3 Crit Bonus => Remove, ADD 1000 Crit Bonus Overcap / 800 Crit Bonus to Mystic
+Casting time of beneficial spells: 15% => Increases Base Reuse & Casting Speed (bypasses actual Reuse and Casting stats) of healing profession abilities by 20%
-Heals and Wards: 10% potency => Lowers effectiveness of profession healing abilities by 150

Edit: meant for "beneficial" profession abilities by 20% to be "healing" profession abilities in Line 4

My issue with cb/cbo to the Mystic is unless that's somehow made to only affect hostile spells only that'd also mitigate the healing penalties you build in. -150 effectiveness is probably bigger, but I think it'd make more sense to give yourself some more targeted buff that only affects hostile abilities.