Season VII Mercenary Crates are here!

Angeliana

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Community Team
Developer

Everyone needs some help sometimes!
Mercenaries provide a wide range of utility in your day-to-day adventures, and they look awesome doing it too! Get some help today by hiring one, or many, of these mercenaries!

There is a chance at one of the following Mercenaries per crate.
  • Common Mercs
    • Merrick Flintknuckle
    • Levelly Perryn
    • Attriza Calico
    • Deralar Wildleaf
  • Uncommon Mercs
    • Lobelia Stokeflaggel
    • Oracle Zendica
    • Zo’Gaka
    • Shapash Talmil
  • Rare Mercs
    • Arlon Thornblade
    • Flydia Snotrot
    • Zunimosso
    • Oyida
  • Ultra Rare Mercs
    • Construct of Contention
    • Construct of Discipline
    • Construct of Malady
    • Construct of Annihilation
281.jpg

Some of the Season VII Mercenaries available in the crate.

These crates are available in the Marketplace beginning today! Don't miss out! Be sure to get the mercs you want out of these crates will before they are added into the Norrathian Vault.

Join us on social media: X, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord. 

Beee

Please just think and plan things before you go live with somthing like the season 7 mercenaries.

It's better to delay them for a week or two than doing such a chaos for $$$

Aaandi

Everyone needs some help sometimes!
Mercenaries provide a wide range of utility in your day-to-day adventures, and they look awesome doing it too! Get some help today by hiring one, or many, of these mercenaries!

There is a chance at one of the following Mercenaries per crate.
  • Common Mercs
    • Merrick Flintknuckle
    • Levelly Perryn
    • Attriza Calico
    • Deralar Wildleaf
  • Uncommon Mercs
    • Lobelia Stokeflaggel
    • Oracle Zendica
    • Zo’Gaka
    • Shapash Talmil
  • Rare Mercs
    • Arlon Thornblade
    • Flydia Snotrot
    • Zunimosso
    • Oyida
  • Ultra Rare Mercs
    • Construct of Contention
    • Construct of Discipline
    • Construct of Malady
    • Construct of Annihilation
281.jpg

Some of the Season VII Mercenaries available in the crate.

These crates are available in the Marketplace beginning today! Don't miss out! Be sure to get the mercs you want out of these crates will before they are added into the Norrathian Vault.

Join us on social media: X, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord. 
Which one is the spider one? I need that . . .

Angeliana

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Community Team
Developer
Which one is the spider one? I need that . . .
That is one of the Constructs. I'm not sure which exactly is in the image, but it's one of the 4 Drachnids from the Celestial (Ultra-rare) pack.

Construct of Contention
Construct of Discipline
Construct of Malady
Construct of Annihilation

Sheyn

Every Starbucks, for example, consistently refer to their sizes as Grande, Venti, etc. The practice sets customer expectations, and builds brand recognition.

In Everquest 2, we call our Merc tiers Treasured, Legendary, Fabled and Celestial

This is giving World of Warcraft vibes ... with Common / Uncommon / Rare

Also, Mercenaries are Pretend-People, not Pretend-Inanimate Objects ... so they would deserve to be Pretend-Not-Classified-As-An-Item Quality such as Common / Uncommon, but rather, Fabled, etc.

I.e. "The Legendary Kenny" sounds more apropro for a Pretend-"Person" than "The Uncommon Kenny", or "The Rare Kenny"

Angeliana

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Community Team
Developer
Every Starbucks, for example, consistently refer to their sizes as Grande, Venti, etc. The practice sets customer expectations, and builds brand recognition.

In Everquest 2, we call our Merc tiers Treasured, Legendary, Fabled and Celestial

This is giving World of Warcraft vibes ... with Common / Uncommon / Rare

Also, Mercenaries are Pretend-People, not Pretend-Inanimate Objects ... so they would deserve to be Pretend-Not-Classified-As-An-Item Quality such as Common / Uncommon, but rather, Fabled, etc.

I.e. "The Legendary Kenny" sounds more apropro for a Pretend-"Person" than "The Uncommon Kenny", or "The Rare Kenny"
I will keep this in mind next time I write an article for mercenary crates. Thank you for your feedback.

Vlkodlak

Why can't the merc's follow the same lines as familiar's when purchasing? Many people would be far more apt to buying the case with a guaranteed rare merc than the abhorrently low chance to get anything other than a treasured.

Just a thought,

Arclite

Why can't the merc's follow the same lines as familiar's when purchasing? Many people would be far more apt to buying the case with a guaranteed rare merc than the abhorrently low chance to get anything other than a treasured.

Just a thought,
Its called repeat business. A few years ago you could get a celestial merc in crate for like $95. If you could bait people into gamble their money away on chance of getting a celestial merc then why would they ever give you one easily so you don't spend more money. Simple greed mechanic they have nailed down. If only this much talent was on display in the game mechanics...

Gutum

Just a thought,
I do have to see that I was disappointed to see that you could get a "common"/treasured merc from the crates. As a new-ish player who isn't near level cap and could benefit from some decent mercs, this seemed like a good spend of money until finding that out. Instead it makes more sense to me to just stick with the treasured ones I can get for free until later levels and just buy some higher quality ones with plat.