Rogue AA: Dance of metal need damage increase and more duration

Xavion

this aa as been long needing a longer duration and more damage its way to low on both notes to even be used or picked. A 35% damage increase and a extra 10s? to the duration would be much loved. im not 100% sure on how much duration is needed to properly make this used to the full power but i figure a extra 10s would cover it?

Miaga

yeah would say this skill for Swashie and Brig needs some work, it does something but it's so far down on the numbers that it's not worth speccing

Samo

I tried DoM for science in raid last night, and I have some suggestions for improving it. Hitting it every time it was up, the total DPS accounted for 0.5% of total outgoing (less than 1%). I'd suggest increasing each hit in the chain by 20x to make this about 10% of our total outgoing. Note: I am not optimized for auto attack, so for those swashies/brigs that are, this would be a bit less.

Another problem with this AA currently (as hinted in the OP) is the duration is too short. When this AA was introduced many years ago, recovery speed was still a stat for all classes, so it was much easier to hit all 8 triggers. I'd suggest changing the duration to 15 seconds.

Considering this is a shared AA endline with Brigands, we could improve and provide fun toys to both classes by modernizing this AA.

Cisteros

I spec'd out of DoM once I got caught up after I returned to the game. The scaling from what it was when introduced and using it throughout DoV-AoM era to what it was doing from late RoS and beyond was laughable. Definitely needs a damage boost.

I don't expect to be able to nail all 8 triggers every time, but without recovery speed modifiers you have to be absolutely perfect to get 8 triggers currently. To split the difference and not make it 100% guaranteed, I'd suggest (Without knowledge of cast times for Brigand, so if theirs are significantly longer than a Swashbucklers please disregard) upping duration by 50% to 12 seconds.

Xavion

if anything i think if we buffed the duration to 12s or 14s and made it do maybe equal or more then feedback loop 2 at ancient thatd be great

Quinxx

In current realities, this skill should be raised by at least 500% of the current value, but it will be equal to Flash Steel, for example. Either this skill needs to be completely reworked with Heroic AA or raised. But in general this skill is completely lost, like many other classes. Personally, I would like to see an 1200% increase from the current value. With this change, it will equate to just below the average skill damage of those classes.

Last edited:
Chiming in that currently on TLE with no recovery speed available and 100% casting speed it is still impossible to actually trigger all 8 base triggers of this ability weakening it even further.

Liberal

I believe for TLE, this ability would be better to be reworked into something similar to how inspired daring works now.

It doesn't stand up compared to elemental toxicity, blast of devastation, or predator's final trick.

Liberal

there is 0 point to changing anything tle related the varsoon server is going to be dead by dov and origins won't probly have anything to do with this since its a separate thing by it self and won't be probly tweaked for quite awhile
It isn't very cash money to reply something like this buddy.