Returning player...what to know.

Pleasedie

Hi. I'm a returning player. Last time i seriously played was in 2017. What major changes have been made? What do i need to know? Is warden or monk still viable for dungeons or raid? Thanks

Benj

Many things have changed since 2017, so I can't give you a definitive list. The biggest might be Ascension classes if you hadn't already heard of those. They're not critically important, but you can't go without them either. I'd say that any class is viable for dungeons and raids, if you're familiar with your character. I for one would gladly welcome a warden or monk into my raid guild.

ZUES

There needs to be a list and a video. And ya, monks are hitting like trucks. Highest parsing class in the game (that I've seen personally). Lately Ethereal weapons came out. I looked into it for a half hour and did 2 hours of questing before losing the quest line (I have no idea what to do now). No aid from the dev team. If you get lucky you'll figure out how to obtain them. But it appears you'll need a raid force to do so. I gave up on it. Seems like every time I return everything is out of my reach. I expect the 20th anniversary expansion will be more of the same. Most of us will return, burn thru the obvious content, hit a wall and then cancel our subs. Happens every expansion and they only build for raiders New and returning are thrown into the deep end with no paddle. Kiss your alts goodbye. No help for them either.

Last edited:

Pleasedie

Many things have changed since 2017, so I can't give you a definitive list. The biggest might be Ascension classes if you hadn't already heard of those. They're not critically important, but you can't go without them either. I'd say that any class is viable for dungeons and raids, if you're familiar with your character. I for one would gladly welcome a warden or monk into my raid guild.
Will feel some rust, but i have been among a top 3 worldwide guild in DoV, solo healing on the warden

Pleasedie

There needs to be a list and a video. And ya, monks are hitting like trucks. Highest parsing class in the game (that I've seen personally). Lately Ethereal weapons came out. I looked into it for a half hour and did 2 hours of questing before losing the quest line (I have no idea what to do now). No aid from the dev team. If you get lucky you'll figure out how to obtain them. But it appears you'll need a raid force to do so. I gave up on it. Seems like every time I return everything is out of my reach. I expect the 20th anniversary expansion will be more of the same. Most of us will return, burn thru the obvious content, hit a wall and then cancel our subs. Happens every expansion and they only build for raiders New and returning are thrown into the deep end with no paddle. Kiss your alts goodbye. No help for them either.
Thanks will look for this
Thanks. I'll look for this