Ranger AA - Sniper Squad (Option #2)

Tegan

If the suggested change to Extension is adopted (i.e., "Reduces the recovery time of combat arts by 100%"), then the increase to the damage of this ability should be less (e.g., increased from 40% to 50%, per sniper).

Last edited:

Vlkodlak

I would like to see the duration increased through AA build, something comparable to 15 sec's per AA point etc to extend the duration. Essentially to the point of being up all the time to help try and compete with the BL and summoners vasty stronger pets and their swarm pets.

Vlkodlak

And the difference between the summoners having multiple sets of swarm pets that are rotated constantly is? Spending the AA points to extend the time is not an unreasonable request. Increasing their damage or increasing their time in the end is the same.

Tegan

The Ranger is not a pet class. Sniper Squad provides the Ranger with a way to do burst DPS. If it was up 100% of the time, it would be a massive increase to the Ranger's damage output which would make them overpowered.

CSP84

Correct me if i am wrong but isn't the Sins equivalent, Shadow, 30 secs Duration ? I could see than extending it to 30 secs as well.

Tegan

The Assassin Shadow is a single shadow for 30 seconds. Sniper Squad is 2 "snipers" for 15 seconds. So it's somewhat even in that sense. Although if they had a double shadow for 15 seconds, it would be a bigger mimic on FFU.

Xavion

i don't think there being 2 snipers has anything to do with it i think thats just the flavor text of the name "squad" cant be a squad if its 1 person

Tegan

There are 2 snipers. One shows on your parse as 'sniper's Bombardment' and the other is 'sniper's Barrage'. Each of those both 'mimic' roughly 40% (for a total of roughly 80%) of your CAs/Spells cast while Sniper Squad is active (15 seconds).

The assassin gets a single shadow that shows on the parse as 'shadow's mirror image' that mimics the Assassin's CAs/Spells for roughly 35% while Shadow is active (30 seconds).