Raging Whirlwind

Clintsat

Raging Whirlwind in the Prestige AA tree has not scaled well over the past few years and is significantly worse than the ability (tempest) it replaces (even factoring in it is an aoe). Because this ability is an AA and can't reach celestial level, the debuff associated with Tempest of the Elements is significantly smaller as well.

I suggest increasing the overall damage of the ability and allow it to receive the ancient/celestial version of the Tempest of the Elements debuff.

Sharakari

Change AA Enhance: Tempest to affect both Tempest and Raging Whirlwind the same way AA Enhance: Call of Storms affects both Call of Storms and Heart of Storms to help the damage portion.

Change AA Tempest of the Elements to affect both Tempest and Raging Whirlwind to help with the combat mitt debuff.

Galorif

Haven't played fury for a hot minute, but raging whirlwind should in theory do significantly less dps on a scale to tempest on single target. However, when multiple adds are there it should do comparable damge to tempest on single target. Also,rw resets heart of the storms.
My idea in addition to sharakari's, would be to change the number of aoe targets from 4 to 8.
But if enhance tempest is not changed to match enhance call of storms, then remove the limit of targets hit

Clintsat

Tempest is so low on the dps parse that keeping raging whirlwind low just because it can do aoe just wouldn't make even touching the ability worthwhile.

Galorif

Tempest is so low on the dps parse that keeping raging whirlwind low just because it can do aoe just wouldn't make even touching the ability worthwhile.
Hmm granted I played fury until half way through last expac so I might not be remembering correctly, but tempest, if kept on cool down was one of my higher parsing abilities that weren't ascension. But I stand corrected, disregard my posts

Clintsat

It was about 5% of my parse on challenge Chonk last weekend. If Raging was half....there just isn't enough aoe encounters that would warrant taking it.