Prestige - Countenance of Defiled Spirits

Chath

This is such a cool ability and could become a pretty strong group buff to help bring defilers closer to mystics if the values were updated and a few bits of it were tweaked, to be closer to the same values as the self-buff it's replacing:

It currently is a group buff that grants resists, stamina, and a proc to the group: all of those are great, they just need to have updated values. At 130, sta is 171.6 is pretty tiny since we have around 300k stamina. I'd propose at least 3k to be around a 1% buff at current values, though I understand sinister countenance expert is around 384 so it's understandable if that's going too far, though I should stress that even a 1% increase to a player's stamina is significantly less than a 1% increase to their overall health, given how much comes from +hp. Mitigation is currently 4979, probably should be around 77k to match expert-level sinister countenance. The proc is the area where it falls really short on - it's an old-style proc that isn't time gated, but even with that it still typically does 8-10 times less overall than similar procs in terms of total damage over the course of a fight. I'd boost the damage by 8-10 times if it remains free of a time gate, but if a time-gate is added it'd probably need to be a bit bigger.

The spell gives 35% runspeed as a self-buff and 593 wisdom compared to the 8454 wisdom that sinister countenance expert gives. What I'd prefer is if it gave around 6-8k primary stat as a group buff so that it'd be a solid group buff that'd be less than what we'd get with our self-only version, but a pretty strong contribution to the group. Primary stat is normally fairly modest in terms of damage increases since it seems pretty linear rather than the crazy exponential gains we see with other stats, so I don't think that's very unreasonable. Turning the self-only runspeed buff into group would also make this a fairly solid utility spell for fights that require in-combat runspeed, while still remaining far less powerful than equivalents granted by cheetah, bards, etc.

Overall, I'm aiming for a group buff after its changes that'd give us a pretty modest group damage buff, small but measurable survivability increase, and a bit of utility in terms of runspeed.

Summary of changes:
stamina: 176 -> 3k
resists: 4979 -> 77k
proc: damage *= 8-10ish
runspeed: self -> group
wisdom: turned to all primary stats, self-> group, 693 -> 6-8k

Last edited:

Chath

Effectiveness to abilities would work too, though I wasn't sure if that'd be too strong. Primary stat feels like a more controlled change to me because it doesn't have the same hyper-scaling that the combat-mit-affected stats do, but either would be great.