Suggestion Please give a day of amnesty to leave IoR

BabyAngel

Please give a day of amnesty to leave IoR

I will leave with nothing if I have to, take all the money and all the items,

Please let me leave and play with other people, its so lonely. Sometimes the population goes below 30, and most the population is made up of people boxing.

Melkior

Just curious, if that's all you want, why not delete the toon, and instead of paying the transfer fee, buy a leveling bauble and remake it on another server? That would essentially be the same thing as a transfer with no items. If it is an older toon, I guess you'd lose achievements and quests and such too. Just brainstorming a way to get you to a more populated server.

BabyAngel

Just curious, if that's all you want, why not delete the toon, and instead of paying the transfer fee, buy a leveling bauble and remake it on another server? That would essentially be the same thing as a transfer with no items. If it is an older toon, I guess you'd lose achievements and quests and such too. Just brainstorming a way to get you to a more populated server.
nearly 1000 quests done.

Cusashorn

nearly 1000 quests done.
That's all? Don't get me wrong, I feel for you, but it only hurts more the longer you stay invested. 1000 quests is quite easy to accomplish on a live server, especially if you just chronomentor from 5 to 100 and do all 6 city's adventure writs.

Now, myself... Losing 8400 quests.. if I lost Ouka, I'd quit the game outright.

BabyAngel

That's all? Don't get me wrong, I feel for you, but it only hurts more the longer you stay invested. 1000 quests is quite easy to accomplish on a live server, especially if you just chronomentor from 5 to 100 and do all 6 city's adventure writs.

Now, myself... Losing 8400 quests.. if I lost Ouka, I'd quit the game outright.
There is a lot I just don't want to leave behind, that are not items.

Also when I was 1000 quests I mean 1000s of quests. Not 1000, I apologize.

Ī just like my characters. We went through a lot of expansions, we raided, we have 100s of achievements. Also the exchange rate for me to boost a character is more than half my entire weekly budget of food right now. A transfer I can swing. I keep saying to myself I will boost and it will be fine... but I honestly know I can't afford to. So I go back and forward on it.

But hey if your willing to pay for it, let me know. :/

Taled

If you read the transfer token you can transfer it off in 30 days. So max you're only stuck there for 30 days.
They never updated the transfer token text, actually. They changed the name to 'One-Way Transfer to Isle of Refuge Token', but left the red text stating you can move out after 30 days, which is misleading - and theoretically could involve false advertising, but /shrug.

BabyAngel

Sadly, I was away from the game a long while... So I came to find myself trapped. Others on the server are also in the same situation.

Kuulei

If you read the transfer token you can transfer it off in 30 days. So max you're only stuck there for 30 days.
They removed transfers OFF Isle of Refuge back in February 2022? There was only about a week's notice for players and they briefly removed the 30-day requirement so players could move off. I don't think they gave enough time nor did they share this information more than one posting from staff: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/character-transfers-are-back.603537/

Evilary

Honestly, I don't have any characters on IOR and never have, but it seems like maybe it's time to take a poll of the IOR players and maybe merge them with another server and shut it down. If there are only 30-60 players, seems like a waste. If someone really wants a mostly dead server, there is always Test.

Vlkodlak

The ban on moving characters on or off IoR is pretty ridiculous. Resetting the transfers to what they were before is not going to hurt anything and would actually help balance the plat that is rampant over some of the servers.

Rargo

I asked and pleaded with Darkpaw to allow me to leave and all I got was the standard cookie cutter response that transfers are locked.

Chikkin

in the recent post with Ask me anything questions there was some mention that they currently do not have plans to merge IoR with anything. Essentially this server is now in a limbo.

Alexstrasza

Forestchild

As I understand it; it's not that they are punishing anyone, but there are a lot of things that will break the system if they try to merge it with a standard Live server. IOR was a "free-trade" server and that means a lot of "no-trade" items that are on live servers, are tradeable on IOR server. If they merge it with another server that would break the code and things that are notrade will be tradeable and things that are tradeable will be notrade. Will just be a big headache.

As for me; in my opinion I wish they would get rid of the no-trade and heirloom tags, and broker system and let us price things that way that "us" the Players want to. The broker restrictions didn't stop ANYTHING. Just made peeps go to auction channel. and do the trading. The up and down of the broker prices would have still happened. Think of it as real life. $20 bucks in the real world bought a full shopping cart of stuff. Not with inflation, $20 bucks is like $5 bucks today.

DOWN WITH THE RESTRICTIONS THAT THEY PUT ON US. GIVE US OUR GAME BACK AND LET US PLAY THE WAY WE WANT TO PLAY!!!
COME ON DEVs.
@Chrol, @Angeliana ,@Kaitheel ,@Caith, @and any other devs/staff I forgot.

BabyAngel

As I understand it; it's not that they are punishing anyone, but there are a lot of things that will break the system if they try to merge it with a standard Live server. IOR was a "free-trade" server and that means a lot of "no-trade" items that are on live servers, are tradeable on IOR server. If they merge it with another server that would break the code and things that are notrade will be tradeable and things that are tradeable will be notrade. Will just be a big headache.

As for me; in my opinion I wish they would get rid of the no-trade and heirloom tags, and broker system and let us price things that way that "us" the Players want to. The broker restrictions didn't stop ANYTHING. Just made peeps go to auction channel. and do the trading. The up and down of the broker prices would have still happened. Think of it as real life. $20 bucks in the real world bought a full shopping cart of stuff. Not with inflation, $20 bucks is like $5 bucks today.

DOWN WITH THE RESTRICTIONS THAT THEY PUT ON US. GIVE US OUR GAME BACK AND LET US PLAY THE WAY WE WANT TO PLAY!!!
COME ON DEVs.
@Chrol, @Angeliana ,@Kaitheel ,@Caith, @and any other devs/staff I forgot.
The question I have is, can they possibly do a transfer if we junk any gear, leaving just house items and station cash items or something? I dont know, but they let people out before why can't they now... Wgat do they need to let us out?