Origin's Beta Help Please

Reverie

I have been installing Beta all day. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Beta. I get a VCOMP140.DLL was not found. I have updated all my drivers. I don't know what to do. Well besides buy a new pc, that is not an option.

Siren

Are you able to play the live version of the game, or on TLs like Varsoon? Have you tried playing the game since the DX 11 upgrade went in recently? Or are you just coming back after years away, to find you cannot play?

Reverie

I have toons on Varsoon and Live. I did the recent Beta for Darkpaw. And I have DX12.

I finally found a fix.
This was the fix
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from You are going to want to select both ‘vc_redist.x64.exe’ and ‘vc_redist.x86.exe"

Last edited:

Siren

Yikes! I don't know anything about downloading programs but it might be risky malware-wise: you don't need that to run EQ2 that I've ever heard.

Have you tried to Validate Game Assets in the beta launcher? Maybe there's a corrupt file and validating could fix it. I'm sorry, others might know more.

Reverie

Oh I did, I uninstalled and reinstalled Beta, validated files. Ran a command prompt scan of my pc I had been at this for 12 hours or so. Thank you for your support. I appreciate it. I was getting a little stressed. I hope it isn't maleware. I did get it from the Microsoft website

In
Yikes! I don't know anything about downloading programs but it might be risky malware-wise: you don't need that to run EQ2 that I've ever heard.

Have you tried to Validate Game Assets in the beta launcher? Maybe there's a corrupt file and validating could fix it. I'm sorry, others might know more.

This is actually a part of the basic Windows Distributable software, nothing malicious. Some PCs for whatever reason do not come with it pre-installed, which causes a lot of conflict with certain game launchers.