OPEN HOUSE - Announce your new publication here!

KauaiJim

Creating a new version of this thread here on the new forums. Hope that's okay...

From original post:

OPEN HOUSE
This is the place to announce your newly published creation! Don't let your hard work get lost in the crowd. Post here that those wishing to visit can find you with ease. Have you announced under other threads? Move your announcement where it can be found. Announcements only please! Comments on actual homes should be sent directly to the owner in-game and/or vote for the home during your visit.

Have a guild you are particularly proud of? Announce here that your hall is open for visitors.

KauaiJim

Will shamelessly repost my post from the original thread for an example of format:

Server: Maj'Dul
House size: Large

Name of Home: Voker's Manor
Decorator: Voker
Owner: Voker
Date Published: 8-8-2021

Comments:
Hello everyone! I've been with EQ2 since the very beginning but have been mostly away for quite some time. I've recently returned with a new main (Voker) and I decided to give this guy a really nice place to relax.
I chose the large manor in Halas after looking at the TON of housing that's available now. It has a kitchen, a restroom, an impressive spell study, two spacious living quarters with everything, a huge dining hall / entertainment room, a nice back patio area and my favorite, a wonderful large indoor Fae garden complete with a bar to melt the stress away!
I really like it. I hope you do too!

AlyysKupre

House size: Massive

Name of Home: Botanical and Memorial Gardens
Decorator: Alyys
Owner: Alyys
Date Published: 3-31-2024

Comments: I've been with EQ2 since day 1 although I have taken some hiatuses now and again. Decorating is my way of expressing certain feelings. This garden started because I had just finished treatment for breast cancer in December 2020, and wanted a way to memorialize all those of my friends and family who had also gone through that. I take it down periodically when I have to make an update. I have also used the inside to create a spa for those who are seeking some relaxation..

Jannia

I have a Guild Hall I'd like to announce, but I can imagine this thread getting pretty unweildy after a while after hundreds of people have posted. Since we are starting fresh with a new forum, perhaps there should be a Post/Thread for each type of Guild Hall or House type? That way, if I want to see what others have done with a "Freeport Guild Hall Tier 3" or an "Isle of Refuge" home, I could go right to that Post/Thread. Or at least a different Post/Thread for Guild Halls since we can't actually publish them. What do you think?

KauaiJim

I have a Guild Hall I'd like to announce, but I can imagine this thread getting pretty unweildy after a while after hundreds of people have posted. Since we are starting fresh with a new forum, perhaps there should be a Post/Thread for each type of Guild Hall or House type? That way, if I want to see what others have done with a "Freeport Guild Hall Tier 3" or an "Isle of Refuge" home, I could go right to that Post/Thread. Or at least a different Post/Thread for Guild Halls since we can't actually publish them. What do you think?

This is not a bad idea. I don't see any reason not to make separate threads, however keep in mind there are a lot of possibilities which could result in too many threads if a thread is created for every type.

If anyone wants to break this out into multiple threads i.e. house vs guild and or size or even maybe by server I certainly welcome the idea. Feel free to create additional threads. I would just recommend we attempt to break it up in a way that keeps the total threads to a minimum so that perhaps they could be stickied at some point and are easy for folks to look through to quickly find what they are looking for.

Just my two cents... :)

Last edited:

Aabari

Anything on Maj' Dul server that has "{BTDC}" in the name of the house is something of mine. Most recently releasing a series of Ode To... various holidays Frostfell Erollisi Brewday & Bristlebane/Beast'r Eggs with more coming later this year. And visit Black Tower Decorating Company T2 Hall in Freeport.

Last edited:

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

This is not a bad idea. I don't see any reason not to make separate threads, however keep in mind there are a lot of possibilities which could result in too many threads if a thread is created for every type.

If anyone wants to break this out into multiple threads i.e. house vs guild and or size or even maybe by server I certainly welcome the idea. Feel free to create additional threads. I would just recommend we attempt to break it up in a way that keeps the total threads to a minimum so that perhaps they could be stickied at some point and are easy for folks to look through to quickly find what they are looking for.

Just my two cents... :)
Yeah, I think if nothing else, it could easily be Open House -- Houses! and Open House -- Guild Halls! and then maybe sub-forums? Like the way the old Homeshow Wishlist was divided up further into various holidays, Prestige Homes, non-specific house items, Loyalty Merchant, etc. :)

Or -- looking at it now, it seemed that the different "sub-forums" were indeed actual separate forums within Homeshow, but the first page of the general topic had a list of links. :)

Uwk

Battista

Name of Home: Norrath Animal Sanctuary by Chickpea
Decorator: Chickpea
Owner:
Chickpea
Date Published: 4-26-2024

Comments:
Greetings Everyone. This project was inspired by the massive amount of animals I had in my storage, the challenge of doing something on the Mara Isle and a attempt to mirror a spot in Timorous Deep. So please come and visit my zoo and bring your snorkel so you can swim in and around our coral reef.
Thanks for your time,
Battista aka Chickpea:LOL:

(ohs, and if yous likes it please vote)

Pynch

Server: Skyfire

Name of Home: The Mushroom Grotto
Decorator: Dashiel
Owner: Dashiel
Date Published: 11th May 2024

Comments: I have been decorating for many years but this is my first published house. Leave a comment or send me in game mail to tell me what you think.

Read the journal of the doomed adventurers looking to make some coin on a scheme hatched by a shifty gnome.
discover the location of each of these individuals demise as you explore the Mushroom Grotto.

Xenogenetic420

House size: Hall of Fame (re-entry)

Name of Home: Reserved for Royalty
Decorator: Xenogenetic
Owner: Xenogenetic
Date Published: Years ago, as an unfinished project before quitting, recently re-published a couple days ago.

Comments: So this was originally supposed to be a location a good friend and I were planning to build together. I got into raiding and stopped decorating, and eventually stopped playing the game so we never got around to it. I had a little bit done to it prior to quitting, and threw it up on the Leaderboards as a half finished build, and I have returned and completed what I stared. Enjoy the view.

EDIT: Everything was done without an editor.

Last edited:

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

House size: Hall of Fame (re-entry)

Name of Home: Reserved for Royalty
Decorator: Xenogenetic
Owner: Xenogenetic
Date Published: Years ago, as an unfinished project before quitting, recently re-published a couple days ago.

Comments: So this was originally supposed to be a location a good friend and I were planning to build together. I got into raiding and stopped decorating, and eventually stopped playing the game so we never got around to it. I had a little bit done to it prior to quitting, and threw it up on the Leaderboards as a half finished build, and I have returned and completed what I stared. Enjoy the view.

EDIT: Everything was done without an editor.
I envy people who can do that well; I break out into hives if things aren't PERFECTLY PLACED to like, literally, eight digital places in mine... X-P

Uwk