Not sure if this needs a Tip/Trick response or a techie response...

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

On my Windows 10 laptop (not sure of the particulars atm, but fairly standard-ish HP), after DirectX 11 reared its head, my lovely, lovely window-box frames disappeared, and I'm not sure how to get them back. :-/

For those who do not know, these are the black areas covering from side to side at the top and bottom, rather like back in the old days when dinosaurs ruled the Earth and TV screens were almost all square, vs. the rectangular ones now, and if you had a Widescreen released movie video (back when things were still on tape, especially) that had been filmed for rectangular movie theater screens originally, your square TV set screen would get black areas covering from side to side at the top and bottom, which led people to complain that the top and bottom of their movies had been cut off (not the case, actually; that hadn't been affected, but they might've lost things off to each side that would've been there). It's one of the numerous reasons I actually like having "widescreen" TV screens these days (one reason I don't like it is that they're usually super-thin; you can't park any items on top of the TV cabinet any more. Sigh).

In this game, I use the lovely, lovely window-box frames to park the grand majority of my hotbar frames, my character name/info, my in-game compass, my in-game clock, my in-house bar (with the House/Edit/Leave buttons), my F11 (F10? been so long it's been a fixture there, I don't recall atm) "how things are doing re: connections" graph, my XP bar, etc. It's a brilliant place to park these things without them getting in the way of the important stuff currently going on in the game, like combat, decorating, etc. I can't recall (if I ever knew) what happened to my lovelies, but going into Windowed mode didn't seem to help? :-/

I want that "storage" space back! ;->

Uwk