No means to obtain "Master Strike" spells

Nuhvohk

As some have pointed out already, the Lore and Legend quests on Origins are not giving their Mastery ability (Master Strike/Smite/etc) upon completion.
This is era-appropriate and likely intended. However, this presents a problem when coupled with the changes to Character Development that are present on Origins.

Currently, Origins uses the same Race Traditions/Class Training selection menu that is present on Live and TLE servers. This replaced the 2006-era Character Development, that would present a pop-up window upon reaching certain levels that allowed the selection of a choice of traits. One such window was the "Enemy Tactics" selection, which allowed the player to choose a Mastery Target and obtain their Mastery ability against that target enemy race.
The first of these windows is supposed to appear at level 12, which we can reach within the current level cap on Beta. However, the selection window does not currently appear on Beta.
A screenshot from the 2006 Kingdom of Sky Prima Guide has been attached for evidence.

With both the removal of the Enemy Tactics selection, and removal of Mastery abilities being granted by completion of Lore and Legend quests, there is currently no means to obtain Mastery abilities on Origins. I hope this is not intended and will be addressed in a future update.

Attachments

• Creature Mastery 2006.png
    Creature Mastery 2006.png
    331.5 KB · Views: 12

Nuhvohk

I would put this in the Bug section of the forums, so it doesn't get missed.
I will if it doesn't get addressed. I don't really consider omission of gameplay features on their own to be bugs. Also, the Bugs forum is far more active, and I don't want it to get buried.

I don't think the 2006 way of selecting Enemies will happen as it would require a complete UI adjustment. I do think Mastery Strike will come in as a replacement tied to L&L