Confirmed New visual error with some armours

Meshur

Specifically, some of the metallic reflective armour is vertically divided, the rear top half being black, the right half being silver, with the effect revered on the lower part of the armor, giving a 4 way split harlequin effect. Effect seems independent of zone or local lighting, or direction the toon is facing. Might be specific to the Darkmetal armour set.

Biscuit @ Thurgadin

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-09 202416.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-09 202416.png
    219 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot 2024-04-09 202612.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-09 202612.png
    438.2 KB · Views: 24

Kattt

Does this issue above have anything to do with since logging in after update, armors have changed total colors?

This beautiful armor \aITEM -329593070 1014827272:Shadowforged Vanguard Breastplate of the Deathless\/a
used to have amazing shades of blue. Now since the update/Direct X change, the colors look PINK! ick!

See image here:

armor-color-change.png

This armor is on my hall guards because the shades of blue and purple and the animation were amazing. Now it looks awful.
Please tell me this will be fixed? It was the most amazing looking armor this game has, in my humble opinion.

Placed this here since someone noted armor looked odd. Not sure if it is the same issue.

Also, for some reason, despite having way above recommended specs, the detail in game seems less crisp/sharp to me. I liked it better before, so far.

Hoping this armor is restored to its amazing beauty.

Kattt

I found an image of how the armor originally looks. Forgive the quality as the image was of some bank shots I took in my hall, and I had to zoom in on small piece and enlarge. So the quality is not great, but it more or less shows the accuracy of the colors before, versus now.

armor-before-colors.png

See how beautiful those blues and some purples were?

I also want to reiterate somewhat....colors and saturation and sharpness/crispness looks less quality and washed out. It looked so much better before the direct x update. I really hope you can help ascertain why this might be.

Kattt

Update: Apparently with the new DirectX, it highlights some of the elements of game that while once were "smoothed over", with Direct X upgrades, it sort of highlights the nature of older graphics, so to speak. So, between hubby and I, we figured out some settings to compensate for the washed out or crispness issues. We adjusted the Multi Sample Anti Aliasing to 4 samples (6 or 8 just dulled sharpness a tad too much, but 0 left some jagged lines with even just a little distance,) and and then on all 3 Texture Resolutions we went from High to Maximum-- and the crispness of detail got much better. Also, I adjusted the colors for new saturation stuff as well.

I guess you could say direct x upgrades brought the quality into focus, so to speak. Like it fine tuned and increased what you see, so we had to compensate.

Mind you, this pretty much fixed the sharpness/crispness/saturation quality I mentioned above, but the armor weird color pink thing is still exactly the same, just a sharper icky pink now. LOL

So the pink armor, is STILL pink as shown in image above.
I hope whatever fixes the OP's issue, fixes this as well.
Thanks.

Meshur

I did try adjusting the lighting effects, multi sampling settings (its actually on 4 samples now), reflections settings. Texture resolution is high, and character resolution is max (same as before the update) Nothing I changed impacted the issue however.