Mindbend

Praetorian

This was an ancient ability that all classes had a unique spell for. It was like previous class epics. One would argue that its a level 50-ish spell but I would counterargue that it has AA's dedicated to it and those AA's if chosen should make it actually viable in the current game landscape.

I think it would be nice if this ability would scale with level so as to be inline with the other coercer abilities Hostage and Spell Curse. Its unique in its own way because it has a stun component so making that actually viable or removing the stun and adding some other kind of debuff to bring it more current would be nice IMO.

Chath

It's solid on fights with bosses that gain combat mit based on non-CC'd adds, so I'd be against removing the stun - we don't want to remove niche tools. It might be best to leave this one alone since while it's pretty niche it's useful in pretty rare/specific circumstances

Praetorian

It's solid on fights with bosses that gain combat mit based on non-CC'd adds, so I'd be against removing the stun - we don't want to remove niche tools. It might be best to leave this one alone since while it's pretty niche it's useful in pretty rare/specific circumstances

Its not useful in any circumstance right now. It should never be used as a CC method because its a single target and its only a brief stun. You would never cast it against a group because thats what a group Mez is for. Its dps output is nothing compared to Hostage, Spell Curse and if you are casting Mindbend you are actually losing DPS because you would be better off casting Shockwave, Medusas Gaze and others that do more DPS and still stun. Its an ability that is wasted having an AA spot. If it has an AA spot then it should be something that is useful at current levels.

Coercers have enough Single-Target stuns, we dont need anymore. Mindbend is perfect to have another debuff option on it that matches current gameplay.

Avarice

Mindbend is great in tricksy niche challenge content where a CC-scalpel is better than a bludgeon. We have quite a few niche spells because of how quickly our high-damage spells reuse, so I resist the idea of removing Mindbend's original purpose.

In situations where mez is inappropriate, I'll stack Medusa's gaze (or Stupefy) with Mindbend on top so its little series of stuns tapers extra control *after* the longer stun wears off. A great example was on Dyrraga's Fighter Phase zombies; shockwaving Dyrraga could potentially wipe the group.

As an alternative, how about we strengthen the prestige which grants Mindmend damage: Mental Trauma?

aO83Myz.png

Last edited:

Praetorian

Mindbend is great in tricksy niche challenge content where a CC-scalpel is better than a bludgeon. We have quite a few niche spells because of how quickly our high-damage spells reuse, so I resist the idea of removing Mindbend's original purpose.

In situations where mez is inappropriate, I'll stack Medusa's gaze (or Stupefy) with Mindbend on top so its little series of stuns tapers extra control *after* the longer stun wears off. A great example was on Dyrraga's Fighter Phase zombies; shockwaving Dyrraga could potentially wipe the group.

As an alternative, we might strengthen the AA which grants Mindmend damage.

Sure the Effectiveness Component increase of the AA could be increased but if Mindbend just scaled better as a standard with level then the effectiveness part of the AA could provide more utility like in addition to Stun it debuffed Crit Mitigation or it slowed the encounter or just increased the duration of the stun component.

Something to give more utility while bring the spell to the modern game... maybe it even added Mana Regeneration to any encounter affected by Mindbend. Just something to make it not totally useless.