Fixed Internally Large damage disparity decided by base STR

Venser

Base STR is playing a larger factor in damage than it should looking at scouts for example.

Images attached show differences in base 30 STR + 1 toon with 75 STR in total, but a base of 10 STR, the Ogre has a base STR of 30, this is looking at a level 10 poison from an NPC at lvl 1 giving 112 poison dmg - 2nd image is base STR of 10 giving 72 poison dmg, the 3rd image is a base STR of 10 with 75 STR giving 95 poison dmg

ogre poison.png base str 10.png swash.png

So a lvl 1 Ogre has a much larger ceiling for damage capabilities just based on it having 30 base STR, seems like an unfair advantage if you look at it as in Qeynos side does not have a base 30 STR race to choose from, anyone wanting this as a dmg advantage would have to create an Ogre and go through the entire betrayal quest line to be a non-neutral class in Qeynos, such as a Swashbuckler, if you want to be an Ogre Swash, you'll have to create an Ogre Brigand and go through the betrayal quest just to keep the base STR.

Last edited:

Venser

it's insanely huge difference. The fact that the Ogre is the only base 30 STR race and it's FP only makes this a bigger deal IMO

Notsnek

Is this why my ratonga Swash hits like a wet noodle? It takes sometimes three rounds of ambushing from stealth to kill an even con at 7.

Venser

I don't think that the other races are particularly weak because of it, but having a base STR of 10 as a ratonga vs base 30 STR is quite a difference.

you also need to account your Swash's auto attacks, if you're using weapons based on their stats you need to look at the rating first, the higher the damage rating the more auto dmg you're going to get. I try to run the 10-11 damage rating weapons, only have an 8.8 OH, but still could help make up some of your dps to not need to spam CA so much.

Venser

Riaak

Should at least be a smaller difference. Would rather be able to play whatever race I wanted and not have to suffer that huge of a penalty.