Infusion (AA) - remove the trigger

Sharakari

At one time, Infusion had no cap on how often it could trigger. It was nerfed to add a trigger limitation of .2 to 1.2 seconds. The damage amount proc'd now makes minimal difference on current Quadrillion DPS fights. Suggest reverting the spell back to no trigger. This would be inline with how the Warden's Natural Infusion Epic works with no trigger limitations (which also procs off incoming damage to group members and can't be resisted!!). The Fury's Infusion only procs on beneficial spells and doesn't need to be limited. If the trigger can't be removed then set it at a flat .5 seconds to trigger. This would give the Fury back some DPS to close the ridiculous gap created by the Warden's Epic buff.

Chath

The impression I was under is that triggers are partially there for technical reasons, such as preventing stress on servers by processing massive numbers of events. I think in a lot of cases this has made abilities far too weak, and damage should be boosted significantly to compensate, with infusion being an example of that. So tldr - if the trigger can't be modified, boost the damage up quite a bit to compensate for it.

Sharakari

The impression I was under is that triggers are partially there for technical reasons, such as preventing stress on servers by processing massive numbers of events. I think in a lot of cases this has made abilities far too weak, and damage should be boosted significantly to compensate, with infusion being an example of that. So tldr - if the trigger can't be modified, boost the damage up quite a bit to compensate for it.
I agree. I try to stay away from asking for more damage on a lot of spells because it seems to get backlash....but I'd be fine with your suggestion as well.

Corro

At one time, Infusion had no cap on how often it could trigger. It was nerfed to add a trigger limitation of .2 to 1.2 seconds. The damage amount proc'd now makes minimal difference on current Quadrillion DPS fights. Suggest reverting the spell back to no trigger. This would be inline with how the Warden's Natural Infusion Epic works with no trigger limitations (which also procs off incoming damage to group members and can't be resisted!!). The Fury's Infusion only procs on beneficial spells and doesn't need to be limited. If the trigger can't be removed then set it at a flat .5 seconds to trigger. This would give the Fury back some DPS to close the ridiculous gap created by the Warden's Epic buff.
Agreed, it's kind of silly because the nerf from this came really from TLE and there's no reason in my opinion for this to carry over.

Sedient

Agree. Furies have the potential to solo heal but the entire premise of the fury is to be the premier DPS priest class. They are way down the list when groups are looking for a solo healer so they shouldn't get nerfs like this. And while you're at it.. for the love of god... reduce the cast time on cure curse.

ultraviolet

I've posted quite a lot on fury / warden infusion.

Please review. I could retype it all, but really I broke it down quite clearly. Was it too strong, as I say in the thread, yes. So the nerf that happened dropped something that was strong to less than 10% of its previous power.

Simply going back to the original version would be a great solution.

The original version was, cast a group heal on 6 targets - get 6 single target hits assigned randomly, and those hits were small pokes. So 6 people healed = 6 small pokes. This original version came with the drawback of 6 times power is used. So the infusing fury needed to be mindful of power or have an illy babysitting them since their power drained quite quickly.

The version that was too strong that evoked the nerf was this version: cast a group heal on 6 targets - get 6 aoe hits with no target limit - fury is only charged power for 6 infusion triggers. If there is 15 mobs (farm status raid trash clearing for a top guild) that is 90 dmg triggers, for only the power cost of 6. Of course the straw that broke the camel's back was when enterprising furies would cast porcupine offensively. 24 friendly targets, with 15 mobs, for a total of 360 damage triggers.

The words of a previous author "making less damage events" is a meritorious concern.

Consider this option:
One way this could be addressed is to convert infusion into a raid-wide buff for a single target. When that player is healed or receives any positive spellcast from the fury themselves, that triggers a single blue aoe from that player. This goes thematically with the idea of the name of the ability. You are infusing strength, and that creates a static damage outpouring against that player's foes. The damage should be scaled appropriately to make the AA endline something worth taking.

Sharakari

I've posted quite a lot on fury / warden infusion.

Please review. I could retype it all, but really I broke it down quite clearly. Was it too strong, as I say in the thread, yes. So the nerf that happened dropped something that was strong to less than 10% of its previous power.

Simply going back to the original version would be a great solution.

The original version was, cast a group heal on 6 targets - get 6 single target hits assigned randomly, and those hits were small pokes. So 6 people healed = 6 small pokes. This original version came with the drawback of 6 times power is used. So the infusing fury needed to be mindful of power or have an illy babysitting them since their power drained quite quickly.

The version that was too strong that evoked the nerf was this version: cast a group heal on 6 targets - get 6 aoe hits with no target limit - fury is only charged power for 6 infusion triggers. If there is 15 mobs (farm status raid trash clearing for a top guild) that is 90 dmg triggers, for only the power cost of 6. Of course the straw that broke the camel's back was when enterprising furies would cast porcupine offensively. 24 friendly targets, with 15 mobs, for a total of 360 damage triggers.

The words of a previous author "making less damage events" is a meritorious concern.

Consider this option:
One way this could be addressed is to convert infusion into a raid-wide buff for a single target. When that player is healed or receives any positive spellcast from the fury themselves, that triggers a single blue aoe from that player. This goes thematically with the idea of the name of the ability. You are infusing strength, and that creates a static damage outpouring against that player's foes. The damage should be scaled appropriately to make the AA endline something worth taking.
I'd like to say that I read your whole linked post but as soon as I read the title, I stopped. I mean, I agree with some of the things you've said here but the fact that this spell was nerfed game wide because of a problem on TLE was a huge misstep by Daybreak. NOTHING should be nerfed game wide by ANYTHING happening on a TLE server...period...end of story. If there's a problem on TLE that can't be fixed for just TLE, then you'll have to live with it like we did when that xpac was actually live.

Infusion was NOT a problem in Live when it was nerfed. It was always just a really good spell but not OPd in the current game landscape of bloated mob stats. It was beaten with the nerf bat into a shell of what it was....and it should be restored to the way it was on live.

Sorry if this post seems to have some vitriol behind it but the fact it got nerfed over TLE still riles me pretty good.

Sedient

I'd like to say that I read your whole linked post but as soon as I read the title, I stopped. I mean, I agree with some of the things you've said here but the fact that this spell was nerfed game wide because of a problem on TLE was a huge misstep by Daybreak. NOTHING should be nerfed game wide by ANYTHING happening on a TLE server...period...end of story. If there's a problem on TLE that can't be fixed for just TLE, then you'll have to live with it like we did when that xpac was actually live.

Infusion was NOT a problem in Live when it was nerfed. It was always just a really good spell but not OPd in the current game landscape of bloated mob stats. It was beaten with the nerf bat into a shell of what it was....and it should be restored to the way it was on live.

Sorry if this post seems to have some vitriol behind it but the fact it got nerfed over TLE still riles me pretty good.
Exactly