Harvesting Nodes in CL

Boldac

The current scarcity of nodes in CL has me a bit concerned.

Right now, the population of Beta isn't causing too much of an issue and it early. I randomly run in to someone else trying to harvest.

However, I am concerned with the node density once we reach launch and the number of people that will be battling over nodes or afk holding instances of the zones open for the harvesting potential.

I don't think this warrants a bug report since nodes are spawning, but I do think the density for harvests (especially non-fishing nodes) could be turned up just a bit.

A lot of players enjoy crafting, but if the harvest nodes are sparse, it could cause trouble. Both in folks being able to craft and the server economy.

Ryni

Bard since 2004
I posted this on the general part of the beta forum as well. Harvesting and crafting is my relaxing in game, I know it sounds odd but there is it. I craft solely for my toons, hubby, friends, and guildies so I don't craft to sell anything. As long as I can keep my alts geared I am happy. But the harvest nodes seem very sparse and if you clear all the fishing nodes that seem to be over abundant then someone else is off taking all the other nodes that just popped. It is a vicious cycle at this point. I was harvesting at midnight my time with only 12 folks in CL and I only ran into one player and yet still found very few nodes of any type but fish.

Zenji

I ran around this morning in CL and it felt fine. Caith even replied in discord to a similar concern that there were 150 active nodes in CL not counting fishing.

Azureblaze

It seemed very sparse when I was looking just before server down. I think one thing to think of too is that I don't think certain areas (higher level 18+ areas in particular) have spawns atm.

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
Certain areas in Commonlands and Antonica were/are better for nodes. It was very clumpy back then, and you have a ton of people trying to lawnmower their way through those zones right now.

I remember back then having certain "routes" I did through Antonica that were better for harvesting than others.