GU125 and Tradeskills

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
Not all heroes are adventurers, and there are rewards to be found for artisans who perform heroic actions as well! In search of brave tradeskillers to cause delays and disruptions to the gnoll forces while adventurers try to deal with the shaman that is the leader of the invasion force. Interested level 10 and above crafters should seek out Rinndle in the Darkpaw Dugout* for further information. (*Antonica, near the Thundering Steppes griffon.)

Go forth and quest! 42 house items, a transmute cannister that lets you pick the level tier, and a weekly mission that grants you a mana vial of the tier of your choice await you as rewards for completing Rinndle's quest. Once you finish the overall quest (which means you have also completed the mission once), you can do the mission daily by zoning into Darkpaw: Sabotage [Tradeskill]. The mission is autogranted when you zone in, and can be found in the mission timers tab of your journal.

• Overall quest (once and done) - "Sabotage and Circuses" from Rinndle in the Darkpaw Dugout
  • Mission: "Flea-Bitten Sabotage" from zoning into Darkpaw: Sabotage [tradeskill] on the 18-hour mission timer
  • Mission timer: search on "Darkpaw" or "Sabotage"

GrunEQ

I was able to harvest the herbs, but it didn't give me a hand or anything upon mouseover. I just clicked them (or possibly right clicked).
No matter how I clicked on the bushes *right, left, sideways* I was not able to harvest the herb. I even did a discuise and walked around hoping to find more bushes to try, but there weren't any; got stones, metals, more fuel, but NO herbs. 😭

Denmum

Staff member
Developer
Once you know what you are doing, it is pretty quick. It slows down if you are farming ingredients to make the adventuring bits for either adventuring yourself or for selling to adventurers.

You will need more than a single run-through if you want the weekly overseer mission that grants you a guaranteed mana vial.

Denmum

Staff member
Developer
No matter how I clicked on the bushes *right, left, sideways* I was not able to harvest the herb. I even did a discuise and walked around hoping to find more bushes to try, but there weren't any; got stones, metals, more fuel, but NO herbs. 😭
If your journal specifically lists that you need Darkpaw Herbs, you can harvest the herbs. You may have stealth-harvested them in all that clicking and not realized it?

I just ran through the quest on live twice with no issues on a play account, so I know the herbs are working. The only issue with them should be the hand icon for the cursor.

GrunEQ

If your journal specifically lists that you need Darkpaw Herbs, you can harvest the herbs. You may have stealth-harvested them in all that clicking and not realized it?

I just ran through the quest on live twice with no issues on a play account, so I know the herbs are working. The only issue with them should be the hand icon for the cursor.
Ok, I see where I messed up; I was so focused on needing flea repellant that I did not know I had to destroy more than one pelt. Thanks for your patience.

Vuurvink

Ok, I see where I messed up; I was so focused on needing flea repellant that I did not know I had to destroy more than one pelt. Thanks for your patience.
I was just goingto ask whether you got the previous step finished and all the pelts destroyed.. I somehow missed/skipped over that part as well my first run and couldn't harvest the herbs (while I could harvest all the other stuff - so I was quite confused and I'll admit, a little frustrated /giggles). Glad you got it figured out!

Denmum

Staff member
Developer
I keep failing when I try to make the Darkpaw Illusion. It's trivial(10) and I'm a level 24 Provisioner. Why is that the case? What can I do to improve my chances? Thanks!

Are you using your crafting reaction arts to buff progress/durability each round, or are you only hitting a button when a crafting event happens? Learning what the set of 3 +progress arts, and the 3 +durability arts can do to help speed up and improve your crafting will make a HUGE difference for you in your crafting career. You can hit one of each icon type once per crafting pulse to shore up the durability when needed, or to increase your progress when your durability is looking good.

zentr

Are you using your crafting reaction arts to buff progress/durability each round, or are you only hitting a button when a crafting event happens? Learning what the set of 3 +progress arts, and the 3 +durability arts can do to help speed up and improve your crafting will make a HUGE difference for you in your crafting career. You can hit one of each icon type once per crafting pulse to shore up the durability when needed, or to increase your progress when your durability is looking good.
Thanks for response!

Mostly, I was just responding to events. As it's Trivial I thought it would be enough.

I did try using reaction buttons inside each pulse, but I didn't know (and I've been playing on and off since the game came out) that you can hit once but not more, so I clicked two or three times per pulse, which may have been detrimental.

Zylara

Lvl 13 crafter on my sk and i finally got the illusion made after 2 fails BUT failed on the flea and cant harvest the herbs again, it finally reappeared after 5mins but as the quest itself is no longer asking for it wont allow me to harvest it, Guessing itll prob be the same with the water if and when i get to that part as its part of the quest so if fail prob wont allow me to collect again