Gryphon Call not working

Wintterfell

Hello ....Having a problem with doing quests for TS line . I need to start training the gryphon for the TS acheivement. I use the gryphon whistle ( a white feather ) and all tho the toon gets knocked backwards and feathers fly ! but no gryphon appears to start the training !!! I can not advance these quests until it appears. Please suggest what I can do or is it bugged ?

Twyla

Hello ....Having a problem with doing quests for TS line . I need to start training the gryphon for the TS acheivement. I use the gryphon whistle ( a white feather ) and all tho the toon gets knocked backwards and feathers fly ! but no gryphon appears to start the training !!! I can not advance these quests until it appears. Please suggest what I can do or is it bugged ?
You can only do it once a day like SolarFaire said, but you also have to be in Great Divide.

Wintterfell

yes i know about the once a day and being in the great divide. The problem is the gryphon call to summon that stupid thing doesnt summon it. As I said the knock down and feathers flying happens but no gryphon appears. I know how to do the quests I just need the gryphon so I can do them

Wintterfell

yes I /togglepet and it reads on the pet bar "no pet" I have tried summoning in the great divide , in goahmari village, in other zones etc , always the knock down and feather just no gryphon.

Wintterfell

Check that you don't have pets set to hidden?
This has been so frustrating. Can't get acheivement for year of Darkpaw if I dont train the gryphon but the gryphon wont show up. Sounds like a netflix night instead of EQ2 night, need a break from the headache its been giving me

Breanna

Out of curiosity you know that there are 2 right one for adventure and one for tradeskill. I don't recall it's been so long if they were both on the same call or not. Are you sure you haven't done them already?

Tkia

Never heard of /togglepet before and testing suggests it only toggle the pet window, and possibly the combat pet. The gryphon is not a combat pet. Use /pet hide which will toggle the state of all pets/familiars currently summoned. If you want to change the state of a single pet you need to use the button on the individual pet window. Oh, and I just summoned mine quite happily in Sinking Sands although some of the quests are only actually doable in GD.

Oh and quest can't be finished as the bauble would have been removed from inventory if it was.

Wintterfell

The one my alt is doing is the tradeskill quests. I shall try the /pethide .Good to know it works for others, so not bugged then. Will try these suggestions tyvm =D

Wintterfell

I tried everything suggested and still no getting gryphon to appear. I will try the bug report and see if I can get assistance there , appreciate all the advice and imput.

Tkia

No, don't post a bug report. That's for gamewide problems that need a dev to fix code. This is a character level issue which is the job of the CS/GM people so file a petition.

Audric

I'm currently doing the tradeskill quest on Surashi. It doesn't matter where you are or if you've already completed the daily quest as you can summon the gryphon anywhere. You can also accept the quest anywhere, but you do need to complete it in Great Divide. I just summoned my gryphon in the guild hall and accepted the next quest. If you do that, be careful you're not by a wall as the gryphon likes to hide in the walls.

The /pethide was a good suggestion. I'm curious tho, what server are you on? You might want to find out if anyone else can see your gryphon. Other than that I also suggest you petition it.

Wintterfell

I'm currently doing the tradeskill quest on Surashi. It doesn't matter where you are or if you've already completed the daily quest as you can summon the gryphon anywhere. You can also accept the quest anywhere, but you do need to complete it in Great Divide. I just summoned my gryphon in the guild hall and accepted the next quest. If you do that, be careful you're not by a wall as the gryphon likes to hide in the walls.

The /pethide was a good suggestion. I'm curious tho, what server are you on? You might want to find out if anyone else can see your gryphon. Other than that I also suggest you petition it.
Very good suggestion to see if anyone else can see it. Sadly no they can't. But I was hopeful

Mugwort

Could the last action before the disappearance possibly been fetch? I ask this because "fetch" creates a scenario where the young griffin gets lost and the player character must find it. This part of the quest, the quest is still active (with the summoning animation) but the lost griffin needs to be found.

Wintterfell

I wish that was the case Mugwort. Never could start any of the gryphon quests because al that appears when summoned is feathers flying and a knock back for toon.