Desperately seeking decorating advice... ;->

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

I'm doing a rendition of the All in the Family living room, and one of the really famous bits of furniture from it (it's in the Smithsonian, between Those Two Chairs) is a li'l half-table thing (easily reproducible with the Thicket Fir Nightstand) that usually holds Archie's beer can and ash tray. What those are sitting on is a lovely, half-round lace doily, which I'm out of ideas on how to replicate (the half-round Highhold Office Rug is entirely too huge and doesn't shrink down nearly far enough, besides being just creepy as all get-out). X-P

Do we have such somewhere that I'm not aware of (which Category in EQ2 Furniture would it be under?)? I tried the various Heart Pillows from Erollisi Day, for like a white or yellow background (pillow flipped upside down, since there's BIG honkin' things on top) with the lace, but the pillows are super-thick, and if you bury the pillow deeply enough to the point where it doesn't look like a pillow, you lose the lace entirely, since it's like in the middle of the thickness. X-P

I guess I could go with a couple of Rounded Tiles, but a) I'm not sure if they get small enough to fit, and b) it's a bit solid, which would kill the whole "lacy" bit. :-/

Hence, advice from those wiser and more experienced than I. :)

Uwk

Wintterfell

try turning a plate or a cup upside down and sinking that in to table , that's what I do . Things that work are silver plater, the white cups from a qeynos housing merchant ( can't remember the name ) .As you say pillows wont work. . Oftenn times a plate of cookies upside down works too

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

try turning a plate or a cup upside down and sinking that in to table , that's what I do . Things that work are silver plater, the white cups from a qeynos housing merchant ( can't remember the name ) .As you say pillows wont work. . Oftenn times a plate of cookies upside down works too
Hmm! Well, especially if the design on the "top" of a plate of cookies is continued throughout on the other side, that could work... :)

Uwk

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

I think I finally got it... ;->

Got a couple of Rounded Tiles of White Marble and Rounded Tiles of Ice, shrank 'em down to Scale 0.500, and smished them together enough to look like one oval, rather than the MasterCard logo (one of those times when the "interference pattern" comes in handy). ;-> Made sure the White Marble were at the same vertical height, and the Ice, with the Rounded Tiles of Ice a teeeeny bit higher, just enough to fool the eye. :)

Uwk

Cyrrena

It may be a bit more difficult to get that lacy effect. Maybe try an upside down basket. Sometimes the underneath or flip side of things can look very nice, like some carpets do.
Or perhaps even the side of one of those straight up/down baskets that have the beans and stuff in them from the City Festival, I think they sell one that is empty. There may even be a short one and a tall one.

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Rounded fancy fulginate tiles have sort of a lacy pattern, but i don't know if they can shrink enough.
Yeah, some tiles don't shrink down enough; one idea I'd had was using White Marble tiles of some sort (either City Festival or Marketplace) and Misty Fog ones, placed with the mist flowing in different directions, looking "lacy." Two issues there: a) when you stack Misty tiles, the center just gets brighter and brighter and BRIGHTER, and b) the Misties don't actually get as small as the White Marble. X-P

With baskets, I got a couple of the Beast'r baskets that were white, thinking, "yeah, these are perfect!...waitaminute; they're really big, though they can shrink down, and the rest of the basket contents are sticking out everywhere. Sigh. X-("

So, I think the Rounded Tiles thing works okay, though I think I'll need some second opinions on that once the house is opened up for visitors. ;->

Uwk

Spextasy

There's a crafted basket / plate thingy that gets kind of small. Called the "Woven Reed Bowl." You could try flipping that over.
Also look at the Frostfell crafted foods, the ham and turkey in particular have really cute patterns on the bottom that might make for a nice doily looking object.

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

There's a crafted basket / plate thingy that gets kind of small. Called the "Woven Reed Bowl." You could try flipping that over.
Also look at the Frostfell crafted foods, the ham and turkey in particular have really cute patterns on the bottom that might make for a nice doily looking object.
My goodness! :D I've never flipped them before like that; I'd always been more worried about burying the fruit and other go-withs to get them to be more generic. ;)

I'll have to check that out, thanks! :)

Uwk

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Looked at the Woven Reed Bowl; nice idea, but not the "right" look, it would need to be really bleached. X-P

Additional question: do we have the equivalent of a coat rack? Or a quick, not-too-parts-intensive way to make one?

Or does Lera call it something else and I'm not sure what? ;->

Uwk

Spextasy

Looked at the Woven Reed Bowl; nice idea, but not the "right" look, it would need to be really bleached. X-P

Additional question: do we have the equivalent of a coat rack? Or a quick, not-too-parts-intensive way to make one?

Or does Lera call it something else and I'm not sure what? ;->

Uwk
For coat racks I've always used the crafted easels and flipped the painting part into the wall. They make really nice hooks for coat racks, key hangers, pot holders, I've even used them as toilet paper dispensers before.

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

I looked under rack and stand, but did not find anything that suited. You could start with either the black marble pole or the wooden pole (both city festival items) but the hooks elude me yet
The hooks are easy, I've found, if you've got the holiday recipes from Bristlebane's Day; the Lucky Horseshoe works great, if you can sneak the 'Shoe into the wall and leave enough of the hook behind. :)

As far as the easels, I'll look into that! Thanks for the suggestion, Shan! :)

Uwk